Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Just got my DVD yesterday, I too enjoyed fondling the package before watching the DVD. I liked the shiny shrink wrap, and the simple but stunning cover design. The lovely blue color on the disk itself oozed 'big sky' overtones, nice touch. The autograph and thank you on the outside was a nice touch.

The DVD was fun to watch, jumped from scene to scene to keep the attention of a hiker bustling about in their chair wanting to join in the fun. Occasional nudity mixed in with self surgery on blisters was an interesting touch, and the amount of food consumed throughout the movie was fabulous.

Apparently most of the stunts and falling were done by the film maker himself - this dimension of realism is hard to find in any hiking documentary.

The dancing, lightsticks and twister game added fun where perhaps a normal break on the trail would have lent to boring footage, kudos on carry games and carrying on!
    Beware, the viewer may now have the images of almost every individuals dancing behinds burned into their hiking mind forever.

The forest fires were very interesting and ironic, considering it seemed most of the group were smokers, I'm wondering if Marlboro was a sponsor of the trip? But the fact that you were able to keep the trip up despite the lurking dangers was timing at it's best - just can't plan for that kind of trail magic!

All in all, I was left with a feeling that the PCT, like the AT, can be not only an adventure, but a study in bonding with your fellow hikers. A theme we all can relate to. It left me craving a good long hike, multiple drop boxes with my name on them, friends to hug at the end of the trail, and a full flask to pass around.

Way to go Jester, fine job all around. Great price. Great entertainment. Fast Shipping. Fast Hiking. Fast forward....when is the next movie going to be shot?
    Last edited by Smile; 08-11-2010 at 14:29.
    ad astra per aspera

Um, snow in your pants?!?

The sequel to "Wizards of the PCT" will most likely be shot in 2012 on the CDT. Thanks for the great review, and in the mean time I'll be posting additional shorts on the YouTube page made up of footage from 2008 that didn't quite make it into the movie.
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Can't wait! Please do post the URL when they are ready, the outtakes are probably a real hoot.
    Last edited by Smile; 08-11-2010 at 14:26.
    ad astra per aspera

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    Can't wait! Please do post the URL when they are ready, the outtakes are probably a real hoot.
    Outtake reel is up at
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY_xn9Add6c

Images

Thumbs up Wizards Of The PCT

I got my copy of the DVD a couple of weeks ago or so. I think I've watched maybe 12 times. It was nice that S.O.L. got to finish her hike and the Dude eating chocolate pudding with broccoli.. ahh trail life. Great video, enjoyed it a lot. Liked the music too.

This video makes me want to do the PCT but I haven't done the AT yet. Hopefully this coming March.

Enjoyed the outtakes, thanks for posting!
    You're a funny guy.
    ad astra per aspera

it's all about the food... Safari's Avatar

I just wanna recreate that big ass burrito you chonked down... serious trail food.
    'Have fun & stay cool.' - Ranulph Fiennes

Thumbs up Makes me miss the US....

Wow...that's really great. Only saw the trailer but will have to put in an order for down unda! Love the squirrel....we don't have them down here in Oz.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jester2000 View Post
    Hey all! Got the DVDs back from the replicator yesterday! If you want a copy of Wizards of the PCT, go to www.wizardsofthepct.com

There's a trailer there and links, plus a page for the musical artists involved. And, you know, a page for ordering the movie.

Jolly Rancher NOBO '09 Harley&Me's Avatar

Watched a couple of the shorts on Youtube and loved it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Harley&Me View Post
    Watched a couple of the shorts on Youtube and loved it. Thanks!
    Thanks for checking them out! I have a few more in the works.

I got to see it at Cascade Locks.

Just shut up and buy it already!!! LOL

Images

Traded some older AT docs for Wizrads and watched it the other night with some friends. Everyone loved it. Some of my non-hiking friends are thinking of thru-hiking next year now. lol
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.
    -Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
    Traded some older AT docs for Wizrads and watched it the other night with some friends. Everyone loved it. Some of my non-hiking friends are thinking of thru-hiking next year now. lol
    Did they not notice all of the feet?!?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jester2000 View Post
    Did they not notice all of the feet?!?
    You mean the close up shots?
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.
    -Edward Abbey

avatar= bushwhackin' mount kancamagus nh 5-8-04 neighbor dave's Avatar
    Images

hey jester!
    what was ratatoullie's trail name on the a.t. in 05? he looks mighty familiar but can't remember

Quote Originally Posted by neighbor dave View Post
    hey jester!
    what was ratatoullie's trail name on the a.t. in 05? he looks mighty familiar but can't remember
    Oh, man. I can't remember. But you're right -- he was on the AT in '05, but with a different name. Coyote was on the AT in, I believe, '04 (with the same trail name). Only her hair was short.

I'll see if I can find out what his name was.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++