WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

WB is worth more than the price of a couple of Happy Meals. Membership is free, but a donation is a way to show you appreciate the work that keeps the site going. Just a thought...

I've only been around a few years, but I have no problems with the site, or the folks.
    Good information, excellent reviews of being on the trail, and insight into gear usage.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Echo View Post
    The only thing that keeps this website from being perfect is there is no place to talk about things other than hiking.

This makes it VERY hard to find people with the same interests.
    Similiar comments are posted occasionally by new members who have not subscribed to non-AT discussions or participated in them. Since it appears you have not joined this group, I will provide the link.

I've started several long-running non-A.T. threads. I suggest you start a thread about one of your own interests. You might also benefit from clicking on screen names to see what information members provide about themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilred View Post
    That's right, there are only hiking Goddess' RHP!!!!!!!!!
    preach it sistah!

Quote Originally Posted by Lugnut View Post
    There's a thread about what's wrong about White Blaze and it's about time for the other side to have a say. I've been here since almost day one so I must still be happy. Met some who turned out to be good friends and/or hiking partners.
    Which thread is about what's wrong with whiteblaze?
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Images

Thumbs up No complaints

I have no complaints... I enjoy browsing around, seeing what folks are talking about. When I have questions, I always get the insight needed... There's alot of wisdom here and also a good deal of humor too.
    Think I'll stick around... Thank You to the good folks that keep it going
    He leads me beside still waters !!
    Happy Trails..... BrotherAL

Images

Default Good Point

Quote Originally Posted by berkshirebirder View Post
    WB is worth more than the price of a couple of Happy Meals. Membership is free, but a donation is a way to show you appreciate the work that keeps the site going. Just a thought...
    Good point... It costs money to keep this going... A donation will sure help and just might make you feel good
    He leads me beside still waters !!
    Happy Trails..... BrotherAL

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jester2000 View Post
    Which thread is about what's wrong with whiteblaze?
    I was actually refering to the thread about WB becoming stupid over the last two years (yes, I know it is in the humor forum) but there have been several threads, usually quickly closed, that complain about real, or imagined, injustices here.
    I love the smell of esbit in the morning!

It's always a great place to visit, and great current info available about water and such when you need it. Folks always willing to share latest trail conditions, priceless.
    ad astra per aspera

Quote Originally Posted by faarside View Post
    ... For EVERYTHING AT !

Of course there are always folks who feel they need to sling some mud, make sometimes unfair criticisms, or be just plain rude. They are everywhere, not just on WhiteBlaze. Much as I would like to never hear from them, I suppose they are bound to surface from time to time, as this is the nature of negative-thinking people in an open communications environment.
    Clearly the Sponge Bob Square Pants might be a better fit for you.

Images

Who's the sponge?

I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

My wife and I met here

Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    I like WB because because I can correct my own mistakes.

Oh wait...I sent in my check dated 3-19 and they switched me from green to blue.

Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    Oh wait...I sent in my check dated 3-19 and they switched me from green to blue.
    Oh wait...the mistery deepens. I can't find in my statements that it was cashed. Hmmmm. I wonder what happened to it.

Images

Last time I donated it took Rick quite a while to cash the check. Might take even longer now since he's hiking.
    I love the smell of esbit in the morning!

We will not accept any mail in donations for those wishing to become donating members between the dates of 15 February 2010 and 15 October 2010.

If your donating members status is due to expire between these dates then you may want to think about sending in you donations before 15 February 2010 and you will have your status extended so that you will not expire during these dates. --WB home page
    This could explain the delay. Maybe it should be made a "sticky" at the top of the message board? Can any admins chime in on this?

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

I just bleep over stuff that gets on my nerves. I figure I probably get on some folks nerves from time to time myself.

Journal Entries

I joined White Blaze the last time Wingfoot banned me from trailplace. I found it a refreshing contrast. Sadly White Blaze moderators increasingly emulate the worse of the old trail place. The new trail place that took over for wingfoot is so boring that I rarely visit anymore. Is it still around?

Weary

Images

Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    I joined White Blaze the last time Wingfoot banned me from trailplace. I found it a refreshing contrast. Sadly White Blaze moderators increasingly emulate the worse of the old trail place. The new trail place that took over for wingfoot is so boring that I rarely visit anymore. Is it still around?

Weary
    I don't know I've never been there. Was there a cold blooded amphibian moderator over there?

Juut kidding alligator
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lugnut View Post
    There's a thread about what's wrong about White Blaze and it's about time for the other side to have a say. I've been here since almost day one so I must still be happy. Met some who turned out to be good friends and/or hiking partners.
    I consider you a good friend......

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++