WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

GA-ME 78, sectional 81-01 HIKER7s's Avatar
    Images

Default shuttle? (MD-PA)

I am planning a section hike for my Venture Crew from Wolfsville Rd in MD to Caledonia STPK in PA. Now, since its been a long time where I had to worry about others than myself as far as getting to places...I have to figure out the transporation to the start site. We want to leave the vehicles at Caledonia.

Anyone have a suggestion, is there anyone who shuttles in this area. I have about 10 of us going, not more.

thanks
    I hiked that ridge Pop told me not to that morning.
    Each time out, I see that same ridge- only different.
    Each one is an adventure in itself. Leading to what is beyond the next- HIKER7s

When will you want to do the hike? how many cars will be at Caledonia? I am the shelter maintainer at Ensign Cowall Shelter by Wolfsville road I may be able to help, if not I know of some one esle who may be able to help. pm me hope this helps

Images

This trip has changed. Due to some REAL concerns about a couple o people coming I had to re-configure. We are now Beginning at PEN-MAR on the morning of the 31st July.

I still have a shuttling problem, logistically. I need a shuttle from Caledonia to Pen Mar for no more than 1-3 people at about 8-8:30 AM.

If you have multiple vehicles you can always drop one off at your finish point and leave the other at your starting point. That's what we did last week from Wolfsville Rd in MD to Harpers Ferry. Once we arrived in Harpers Ferry, I got my vehicle and took the other drivers back to get their vehicles. For us, this was easier than arranging a shuttle.

Hopefully it will cool down some for you.. mighty warm last week
    Wed 7/14 - high 92.4, low 70.8
    Thu 7/15 - high 99.1, low 69.6
    Fri 7/16 - high 101.8, low 74.8
    Sat 7/17 - high 99.5, low 71.7
    Sun 7/18 - high 100.2, low 73.0

Images

Caledonia is our finish point. I am not too crazy about leaving a vehicle at Pen-Mar....no particular reason. Caledonia's lot is patroled, at least looked after. The way I got it, if we shuttle the people down to PM and then drive all the vehicles back we wont have to go back which is out of the way to get home anyway.

Therefore If I can get a one way shuttle for 2-3 people to Pen Mar its worth it.

I can do that shuttle. I've sent you a pm.

++ New Posts ++