WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Addicted Hiker and Donating Member Hammock Hanger's Avatar
    Images

Default Rainmaker & Brawny....

AT & PCT thrus who make all their own gear. Packs, Bags, Tents... will sell you the patterns or make for you. Will sell sil by the yard. Great site for other hiker info. www.trailquest.net
    Hammock Hanger
    Hammock Hanger -- Life is my journey and I'm surely not rushing to the "summit"...:D

http://www.gcast.com/u/hammockhanger/main

2005 Camino de santiago

Default Stuff Bags-Silnylon

Campmor has then under "ultralite stuff bags
    5"X8" wt. 0.5 oz/$8.99
    6"x11" wt. 0.6 oz/$9.99
    7"x15" wt. 0.8 oz/$10.99
    8"x18" wt. 0.9 oz/$11.99
    etc...to7X24 wt 1 oz/13.99
    The total weight of numerous bags will weigh more than a pack cover, I would imagine, but you gain it back in pack organization. I can put my hand inside my loosened pack and from touch know which bag to pull out. There are not many and I have nothing loose in my pack.

The other reason I do this is from a suggestion on this site, from HH, I believe, on some post where she indicated that a pack's zippered lid was nothing more than a place to accumulate odds and ends where you did not know where to put. So, since my pack volume I need now is not what volume I needed 2 years ago, since I have been getting lighter, I am getting rid of the lid, which can be converted into a fanny pack I will absolutely never use, keep my outstanding McHale pack and loose a pound in weight as well as some volume ...Damn good idea of hers.

I once purchased some silnylon from AYCE at

http://www.thru-hiker.com/

who also has some patterns for doing your own, unless you are sewing challenged as I think I am.
    Good Luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++