WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Images

what all is in the Bacon Explosion??

Panzer

Default Bacon Explosion

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer1 View Post
    what all is in the Bacon Explosion??

Panzer
    It starts by weaving a pound of wide cut bacon so you have a solid square of bacon; season the bacon with a bbq rub; spread 2 lbs of sausage on the bacon; reseason; put one lb. of cooked bacon on top of that; roll the sausage up expelling all air; roll the bacon weave around the log of sausage; smoke it; pour bbq sauce on after done.

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    It starts by weaving a pound of wide cut bacon so you have a solid square of bacon; season the bacon with a bbq rub; spread 2 lbs of sausage on the bacon; reseason; put one lb. of cooked bacon on top of that; roll the sausage up expelling all air; roll the bacon weave around the log of sausage; smoke it; pour bbq sauce on after done.

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

WOW that sounds so good
    Doug
    happy trails

The bacon explosion is the greatest food known to man.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTank View Post
    The bacon explosion is the greatest food known to man.
    . . . although sometimes it leads to the noticeably less popular "bathroom explosion."
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Default Donations Confirmed

Thank you to the Duncannon American Legion who is allowing me to store the prepared food in their walk-in cooler the week of the feed

Default Ride to Feed

Krispy Kritter was in Duncannon yesterday. He is in Phila now till Saturday and coming back to Duncannon Saturday to hike north again. He is also hiking and doing the above with two other hikers. They are wanting to get a ride to the feed from DWG and asked me to post this info here. Anyone out there coming from there?

Getting nervous...will everything be ready and all plans complete in time???

Getting nervous...will everything be ready and all plans complete in time???
    15 days till setting up at park. That will happen on Thursday, July 8. We can camp at park that night. First meal will be served starting Friday late afternoon.

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

I'll be in Illinois That's two events I've missed this year...Trail Days and The feed.
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

Quote Originally Posted by Newb View Post
    I'll be in Illinois That's two events I've missed this year...Trail Days and The feed.
    Will miss you being there. Have a great summer.

Images

Krispy Kritter was in Duncannon yesterday. He is in Phila now till Saturday and coming back to Duncannon Saturday to hike north again. He is also hiking and doing the above with two other hikers. They are wanting to get a ride to the feed from DWG and asked me to post this info here. Anyone out there coming from there?
    I can't say for sure if I am able to get away yet but if so I could come by that way. will be a last min thing.
    Often Accused, Often Guilty but Seldom Guilty of What I am Accused.

Default Purchases made

The following items have been purchasedmore canned milk, celery, onion, peppers, some ingredients for green bean casserole, bacon and sausage for bacon explosion, chicken breasts for chicken pasta dish, gluten free pasta, 10 lb bag potatoes, and from my local chicken man, 3 dz brown eggs for red beet or pickled eggs.

Default Donations confirmed

Thank you to an anonymous Duncannon resident for their generous cash donation to the feed.

Default Attendance

I received word that Can Do Will Do will be in attendance

Default Prep Cooking

Have all the ingredients for the bacon explosion. Beginning the process of putting it together. Start by cooking the applewood smoked bacon that will go on the inside.
    I've decided I should start doing the prep cooking now or it won't be done in time. If any one wants to help and is nearby any day between now and the feed, stop by and I'll give you some chores. Balcony block and a half from the Doyle.

Images

Seems as if Mary is personally trying to make this thread as long as the Warrigaghey thread.
    What? Me worry??

Quote Originally Posted by WalkinHome View Post
    Old Fhart does not usually make the feed. Have not checked in with him since we got back from TD. He should be in a walking cast by now so I am sure he is easier (notice I did not say easy LOL) to live with. See you soon brother. Just came back from the MATC 75th Anniversary celebration. Good times were had by all. Heard video stories about Myron, Jean Stephenson, Louis Chorzempa from Roy Fairfield, the 3rd MATC president that took over when Avery died. The only man I know that is still with us that interacted with Myron. Good stuff. CYA
    U still driving him around?

I will be there as my train arrives in Harrisburg from LA on the 7th...need a ride to the Cannon...will help set up, cook (Im a effin great cook), may have to roll out early Sunday cuz Im so broke its sick after a month with no income...more or less...to return to work in NH.

Karoke you say?!?!???!??!? Sweet.

Images

Default Heck No!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lion King View Post
    U still driving him around?
    Naw, I dropped him off as fast as I could after TD. Mad Mike escaped first and then I gave TOF back to his wife. Hopefully I get big karma for tending to him over that week LOL. It did not seem to affect his ability to speak though. I need to check up on him and see how his foot is doing. See you at the feed.
    Life is what happens while you are making other plans. John Lennon

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
++ New Posts ++