WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Question Looking for Dana Designs Shortbed loadmaster manual

I just bought a Dana Designs K2 Shortbed external frame pack on eBay. It looks to have never been used. There were no instructions with it however and I don't know how to adjust the fit (its got "magic wands"). Does anyone out there have an owner's manual for the Shortbed (or another DD pack with the Loadmaster frame) that they'd be willing to part with, or scan and post, or... I'd even pay (a little) to borrow a manual... scan it to a PDF and return it.

Thanks!

Wish I could help you on this - I own two of these, and it appears I just discarded the instruction manual last fall.

I believe that the "magic wands" you refer too (yellow, right?) are the the part of the design meant to distribute weight more evenly across the hip. Once you've put on the pack and tightened the hip belt, pull the two straps on your side that are tethered to the wands. You should then feel the difference in the weight distribution as the wands angle forward.
    "I too am not a bit untamed, I too am untranslatable,
    I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world." - W. W.

obligatory website link

Aw... I just missed it!

Thanks for the instructions... I've been messing around with the fit. Figure I'll get it close enough by trial and error... would still love to have a copy of the insturctions, if anybody out there has one!

Cheers.

Registered User Desert Reprobate's Avatar
    Images

Google "Dana Designs". There is a 800 number. They may be able to help.

I called Marmot (they own Dana Designs now) and I even tried Mystery Ranch, Dana's new company, and they don't have manuals for this pack. This pack and frame aren't made any more.

Thanks.

Default Loadmaster Manual

I think I may have what you are looking for. I would be happy to create a .pdf file and e-mail it to you. If you still need it, just give me your email address.

The reason why I stumbled across your forum is because I am looking to sell my DD Longbed and I wanted a picture to put on Craigslist. The pack has been used twice and it was more a "suitcase" than a backpack for my use...lol

Smile Awesome

That would be awesome... thank you! I've been looking for a long time and haven't been able to track down an owner's manual.

Here are some archived links DDs original website with descriptions and pictures of the Longbed, if that'll help with your sale...
    http://web.archive.org/web/200106061...ster/index.htm
    http://web.archive.org/web/200106201...er/longbed.htm

My address is: molobrien at sbcglobal dot net

Thanks!

++ New Posts ++