WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Images

Default Bigfoot sightings

Ok, I just got done watching numerous programs on sasquatch/bigfoot on the History Channel. Although I think there is a lot more going on in the remote forests of the world. I have to think that if such creatures existed, we would have more tangible evidence, pics, remains, ect.. So since we all spend a lot of time in those remote areas, I figured I'd pose this to the
    Whiteblaze community. There is some degree of hesitation, but humorous curiosity, that I pose this. So feel free to take it serious or make us all laugh with a response.. Here we go!

I took this shot of bigfoot asking ronald, 'billions of what served'?

Images

Default I had a big foot experience !!!!!

It was a few years ago when I was hiking in the sweltering heat of August, in the wild woods of Tennessee. After many long hours of climb and decent, over difficult terrain I arrived at a shelter totally exhausted but it was still a few hours before sunset. I decided that as I was the only one at the shelter that I would just go ahead and go to sleep. Later I awoke in the pitch black of night to the most horrid of smells that I have ever inhaled. Terrified I flicked on my light and looked around. Next to me was the grimiest, smelliest, biggest foot I have ever seen. Ever since then I always make sure to stay awake long enough to ensure that no one falls asleep next to me with their feet in my face.
    it is strange that a man would put the pieces together as they please opposed to being content with where the pieces fall

Images

I didn't believe in Big Foot. My report can be found on this site and BFRO's. While walking on the FT late one afternoon, I started back the way I had come and came upon the hugest Human looking footprints I have ever seen. I still kick myself for not getting a pic (I always keep my camera in my front pocket) but I was naturally freaked out, the foot prints being very fresh and deep.

I take my dog with me now when I go hiking alone.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Lots of sightings in the Pawling area.
    "It goes to show you never can tell." - Charles Edward Anderson Berry

Images

Oh sure now here come the paparazzi.
    Often Accused, Often Guilty but Seldom Guilty of What I am Accused.

Images

The arguement that since we never find remains, it doesn't exist, doesn't wash. In all your hikings, has anyone ever come across a bear carcass???
    A deer carcass??
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Didn't we have a recent thread titled-

"What happens when you put a lawyer, an ivy grad, Big Foot, and a city chick on the AT"?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilred View Post
    The arguement that since we never find remains, it doesn't exist, doesn't wash. In all your hikings, has anyone ever come across a bear carcass???
    A deer carcass??
    I come across deer carcasses all the time. No bear carcasses yet but seen plenty of scat, tracks and other sign. And just because I haven't found a bear carcass, there are plenty of other people who can and have produced physical proof of a bear's existence.

I think the point was with all the "sightings" over the years you'd think there would be more physical evidence to lend credence the existence of bigfoot.

Images

Doesn't exist until its found. Stories are just stories until its found. I like to watch River Monsters which goes a long way towards explaining some of the big fish myths that exist. Known animals in certain conditions don't look or act like we know them to be. I have to believe that something like "Bigfoot" (and hosts of similar mythical creatures) should have been found by now, but, never say never. There is plenty that we don't know, but I think that we mostly know what is out there, we just don't know everything about what is out there.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Images

Quote Originally Posted by h. hastings View Post

I think the point was with all the "sightings" over the years you'd think there would be more physical evidence to lend credence the existence of bigfoot.
    You would think so. Man, like I said, I wish I had stopped and taken a pic of the many deep prints in the sandy jeep road. They were really clear, too, cuz it had rained the day before and I had seen no tracks of any kind on the way in and the only tracks I saw on the way back, besides Big Footprints, were mine.

The BFRO guys believe it and have taken many casts of footprints. They estimate there are between 2000 to 5000 Big Foots.The interesting thing about my report on there is the admission of a guy who lives kinda close to there and he told them he was the Bardin Booger. He had an old fur coat that was his grandmothers and an ape mask. He said he would stand around his friends get-togethers or stand by the road if he knew someone who was coming.

I heard another report from a local son of a well known FL cowboy. He said that a cowboy had Big Foot type stilts and he would walk on them around cowboys who were passed out drunk way back in the scrub.

As far as my encounter, I don't know why someone would wait all day for someone to pass (The FT has about one hiker a month around here) and then put fake footprints down. I guess it's possible.

My son and I came up with a theory that Big Foot (possibly neanderthal or missing link if you will) developed alongside of man but learned to hide and LNT if you will as man became really good at hunting.

I know this is one of my longest post ever and I myself never read more than a 2 line post, but I have a lot to say on the subject.

BTW, Chief Duffy and his friends and Rocket and Grinder and I had a Big Foot Vigil in the Bardin Booger Woods back in Jan. Grinder saw some Otter playing in Etoniah Creek, but no Big Foot sightings this time.

Spend enough time in the PNW and you can't help but run into them from time to time. We take a "let them be" approach, and make funny grins at the "researchers" who come up empty handed whenever they mount an "expedition".

I believe there is still a lot out there we don't know, especially in the oceans... but to have some 10 ft tall bigfoot walking around all over the country is a little too far fetched to me. We have skeletal bones of thousands and thousands of species of animals (extinct and living) yet how come in hundreds of years humans have never found skeletal remains of bigfoot? All we have are big feet impressions in the ground.

Besides, I thought bigfoot lived in the Pacific Northwest.
    Adayak - 100% organic outdoor apparel

I've not given much creedence to such stories but I admit they hold my interest. What also fascinates me is how, as the stories spread, the creature itself seems to emigrate. From the clearwater of the Northwest and now to the opposite corner in the Southeast, the Big Foot seems to be experiencing a revival.

So...as part of the story, i.e., does Big Foot exist, are we now facing the question, has/have it/they colonized most of the U.S..? Are we all going to be lookin' out our back door to see 'something' running through the jungle?

FB
    "All persons are born free and have certain inalienable rights. They include the right to a clean and healthful environment..."

Article II, Section 3
    The Constitution of the State of Montana

Images

Read some reports on BFRO.

Default Carcass in the water

Quote Originally Posted by Lilred View Post
    The argument that since we never find remains, it doesn't exist, doesn't wash. In all your hikings, has anyone ever come across a bear carcass???
    A deer carcass??
    Ms Red... While hiking the CT last fall, I took a wrong turn (oops) and spent the better part of the next day climbing a very rugged trail (reminded me more of the AT than any other part of the CT) which intersected other trails that eventually led me to CT again. That rugged trail followed a beautiful, pristine, cascading stream. The trail crossed the stream several times.

Near the top of the mountain, and at one of the trail crossings there was a badly deteriorated elk carcass right in the stream. These animals are about the size of a horse. It was not beautiful or pristine.

This discussion could easily become one about the need to filter/purify drinking water, but that would digress from the topic.

Incidental, I did not see any signs of Big Foot... Only Big Hoofs, still attached to the leg bones, still attached to the hip bones, sticking up in the air.
    When you get to those unexpected situations in life where it’s difficult to figure something out, just ask yourself, “What would MacGyver do?”
    See ya!
    Rickles McPickles

Images

Maybe Bigfoot bury their dead? then have a huge party with kegs and pretzels.....oh, and naked bigfoots, of course....
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

I found him! And there's pictures too! From www.lnt.org:

THE LEAVE NO TRACE BIGFOOT CHALLENGE

The elusive Bigfoot leaves no trace of his passing through the wild. Bigfoot’s back and wants you to take his challenge. From teaching a kid the importance of not feeding wildlife to picking up trash on the trail, Bigfoot is asking you to complete and report a single Leave No Trace challenge from the list below.
    It’s easy. Just choose from the challenges below which rotate every month and you’ll have the opportunity to win great outdoor gear prizes every time you participate. Double your chances of winning by capturing your Bigfoot Challenge in a photo or story and sending it to: [email protected].
    The Bigfoot Challenge’s goal is to encourage simple acts of environmental activism and teach Leave No Trace principles. By taking the challenge, you are not only joining a nationwide conservation movement, you are also Leaving No Trace where it matters most — the places you play.
    LEAVE NO TRACE: BIGFOOT'S BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS!

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy G View Post
    Ok, I just got done watching numerous programs on sasquatch/bigfoot on the History Channel...
    I think I've watched all those bigfoot shows on the History/Discovery/National Geo. channels.

It's easy to just say "No" to BF, because of all the common reasons already listed in various posts. And I can't really argue those points, they are hard to refute.

However, I also find it difficult to dismiss some of the evidence, so I'm kind of on the fence about this issue. I find it particularly interesting that recent analysis of the Patterson film shows very detailed muscle movement in the subject, including muscle movement in the face.

The problem with this issue is that it attracts many idiots running around in cammies.

I hope I never run into a bigfoot on the trail. I believe that might end my hiking career.

Jeez, it's bad enough to think about a bear outside your tent...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++