WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    the fact that the question is even being asked is showing signs of immaturity and ignorance on the part of the dog owner.
    thats what i said!

Images

Let's lighten up a little, please.
    Me no care, me here free beer. Tap keg, please?

Quote Originally Posted by arinderk View Post
    mr. crumbsnatcher - i am not an ignorant hiker, an ignorant dog-owner, or an ignorant individual. should you run into me on the trail (...and lots of luck to you if that ever occurs...), you would see all of this, and agree with me.

amber
    and i think i was threatend

all i was saying is hunting dogs don't run around with loaded down packs kanga, i know not to death march my dog, she would of followed me to hell and back! LOL

Images

FWIW I agree with you & Kanga; 44 miles is way to much for most dogs.

Next, I know both of you have lots of miles with dogs, so I value your input.

That said I think the OP has gotten the message, so let's take it easy, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Speed View Post
    Let's lighten up a little, please.
    sorry. the dogs can't speak here. since dogs are members of my family, i feel obliged to stand up for them. i don't coddle people when they are being irresponsible. the truth sometimes hurts but adults face it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrumbSnatcher View Post
    all i was saying is hunting dogs don't run around with loaded down packs kanga, i know not to death march my dog, she would of followed me to hell and back! LOL
    ok. i think you misunderstood me. i wasn't saying that towards you. i was saying that the op asking the question gives me some indication that they are not familiar with dogs, regardless of length of ownership.

I think a 70 lb. dog on a 40 mile hike should provide a hiker with sufficient calories, but much of that depends upon how it's cooked.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    ok. i think you misunderstood me. i wasn't saying that towards you. i was saying that the op asking the question gives me some indication that they are not familiar with dogs, regardless of length of ownership.
    its all good kanga, i know you wern't talking about me! i was responding to the post about how hunting dogs run 40+ miles all the time.(yeah,but not with a pack) i know you are one of the great dog peoples! i didn't misunderstand you, my responses are too short quite often, and i don't get my thoughts wrote down worth a damn! we are on the same team and its good that someone stand up for mans/womens best friends.

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrumbSnatcher View Post
    its all good kanga, i know you wern't talking about me! i was responding to the post about how hunting dogs run 40+ miles all the time.(yeah,but not with a pack) i know you are one of the great dog peoples! i didn't misunderstand you, my responses are too short quite often, and i don't get my thoughts wrote down worth a damn! we are on the same team and its good that someone stand up for mans/womens best friends.
    The only thing that could have made it worse is if he had trashed Katydn Hiker water filters too.

Images

I think it's been established that taking a dog for 44 mile hike isn't a good idea for most dogs, so it's time to say "good night, Gracie."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++