WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hey looking cool partners

Hey my names Joe and Im 24. I am trying to find a person or people who are really willing to plan and execute a through hike with me starting in the last week of Feb 2011. I am incredibly determined to say the least. I come from Burlington, MA. Please dont hesitate if you are at all interested. Alright, Thanks.

Images

I hope for your sake that there is less snow in 2011 than this year. Trails over 4500' had at least 4 feet of snow on them well into March. You can hike in it, but just don't plan on breaking any land speed records.

I wish I could join you, good luck!

I'm open to that start time, I'm not adverse to some snow, how quickly were you trying to complete? and I assume you want to start in maine? as long as we're done by july/early august

gareth

Quote Originally Posted by gareth804 View Post
    I'm open to that start time, I'm not adverse to some snow, how quickly were you trying to complete? and I assume you want to start in maine?

gareth
    I may be mistaken, but I don't think he is considering a Maine start in February. Pretty cold up there at that time of the year!

ha true! but if he's from there then why not! ill bring my parka and my balaclava, whats a little extra weight?

ha true! but if he's from there then why not! ill bring my parka and my balaclava, whats a little extra weight?
    I think you answered your own Question. If he's from there he would know better.

It is easier to find a partner on the trail than here. Fear of the unknown is natural, but finding someone to hike with prehike, should be your last priority imo.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nean View Post
    I think you answered your own Question. If he's from there he would know better.
    The only thing good about Feb, other than the 14th, is that it is a short month.

++ New Posts ++