WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered User Tennessee Viking's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

http://www.acarroll-gis.org/PowerPoi...iles/frame.htm

The relo route is probably not going to be made public until it is finished. But the word I got from the Asheville ATC office is that the relo will start just south of the Shelton Graves (about a 100 yards or so). The gravesite and path to Green Ridge Trail will become a side trail. The AT will drop down on the TN side into the Rock Fork drainage, and sidehill down to Flint Gap.

Konnarock and CMC will start the relo work this summer.

Supposedly the old road system in the Rocky Fork Tract will become trail and be developed into a backcountry recreation area. The RFT trails will suppossedly will hit the AT at Flint Gap and Big Butt.
    ''Tennessee Viking'
    Mountains to Sea Trail Hiker & Maintainer
    Former TEHCC (AT) Maintainer

Images

I've (10 years) been hiking from Clarks creek up Long Arm Branch to ridge top then follow ridge,also state line,go past old hunters shack then come in to very wide woods road skirt Wilson knob and Sampson Mtn Wilderness.Follow road till fork to Middle Spring ridge,also Squibb Creek trail then up switchback past cliff overlook then about 1 mile through heath bald to AT at Big Butt junction.Never met anyone and there are 2 springs on road past Wilson Knob...Great country can see Big Bald&I-26 from overlook.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++