WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14
    Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    Time is the linear progression of events. Time does not exist if there is no change. \
    Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. --Doug Adams
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Images

Dear (possible) lord in (what may or may not be) heaven, please kill this thread, in your (debatably) infinite mercy I pray.

Strike it dead so that your believers stop posting nonsense about ribs and trees and thereby embarrassing your Holy Name (if you have one).

Crush this thread under your mighty heel (if within your power) so that the unbelievers stop trying to reason others out of unreasonable positions and wasting precious hours in which (I suspect) they should be working.

Make this thread as lifeless and barren as Sodom and Gomorrah after your terrible justice (assuming you did any such thing).

Brothers and sisters, can I get an 'Amen"?

...if the earth was as old as they say they would have found trees that old... The oldest tree they have found to date is a little over 4000 years, so where are all the 60.000.000 year old trees? --bishopj
    Most wood decomposes before it can petrify. However, some fossils about that old HAVE been found. Not George Burns but

Crustaceans and a Crocodile

Di-Tryn
    Images

ICEAGE, you're gonna BURN IN HELL!

just kidding...

Dear (possible) lord in (what may or may not be) heaven, please kill this thread, in your (debatably) infinite mercy I pray.

Strike it dead so that your believers stop posting nonsense about ribs and trees and thereby embarrassing your Holy Name (if you have one).

Crush this thread under your mighty heel (if within your power) so that the unbelievers stop trying to reason others out of unreasonable positions and wasting precious hours in which (I suspect) they should be working.

Make this thread as lifeless and barren as Sodom and Gomorrah after your terrible justice (assuming you did any such thing).

Brothers and sisters, can I get an 'Amen"? --your humble servant Iceage
    EXCELLENT, Iceage! AMEN! AMEN! and AMEN!

Quote Originally Posted by toccoaspinner View Post
    ICEAGE, you're gonna BURN IN HELL!
    It has been proven that Hell is cooler than Heavan.....

HEAVEN IS HOTTER THAN HELL

The temperature of heaven can be rather accurately computed. Our authority is the Bible, Isaiah 30:26 reads,
    Moreover, the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold as the light of seven days.
    Thus, heaven receives from the moon as much radiation as the earth does from the sun, and in addition seven times seven (forty nine) times as much as the earth does from the sun, or fifty times in all. The light we receive from the moon is one ten-thousandth of the light we receive from the sun, so we can ignore that. With these data we can compute the temperature of heaven: The radiation falling on heaven will heat it to the point where the heat lost by radiation is just equal to the heat received by radiation. In other words, heaven loses fifty times as much heat as the earth by radiation. Using the Stefan-Boltzmann fourth power law for radiation
    (H/E)4 = 50

where E is the absolute temperature of the earth, 300°K (273+27). This gives H the absolute temperature of heaven, as 798° absolute (525°C).
    The exact temperature of hell cannot be computed but it must be less than 444.6°C, the temperature at which brimstone or sulfur changes from a liquid to a gas. Revelations 21:8: But the fearful and unbelieving... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." A lake of molten brimstone [sulfur] means that its temperature must be at or below the boiling point, which is 444.6°C. (Above that point, it would be a vapor, not a lake.) We have then, temperature of heaven, 525°C. Temperature of hell, less than 445°C. Therefore heaven is hotter than hell.
    Love people and use things; never the reverse.

Mt. Katahdin would be a lot quicker to climb if its darn access trail didn't start all the way down in Georgia.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Appalachian Tater View Post
    Men and women have the exact same number of ribs.
    Not true: I can out-eat my wife during "all you can eat rib night" at Sonny's any day of the week! MMMmmmm....... ribs. Almost as good as bacon!
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Fhart View Post
    All of you can argue about Life, the Universe and Everything, but I know the only correct answer is 42...............

You just have to know what the correct QUESTION is.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

JustaTouron-"HEAVEN IS HOTTER THAN HELL..."
    If you check the number of posts JustaTouron has you'll see that they equal 666, the number of the beast! Is this just a coincidence? I think not!

Perhaps JustaTouron has inside information on the temperature of Hell.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2770/...a65fe354_o.jpg

Hahahahaha! Wow. Nice timing!
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

I know thia thread is long but I thought this would be a good place to post this, I just found this out from my wife. This is a true story.

A friend of a friend of ours we attend church with has a son with down syndrome and he is an adult, I'm not sure his mental age but she will leave him home alone at times to run errands.

After doing this last week she returned home, her son met her at the door and explained, "Mom I have just caught a troll". The mom said what do you mean you have just caught a troll? He said I have it in my bedroom. They proceeded to his bedroom, all the furniture had been moved in front of the closet door. When they removed the furniture and opened the door out came a Jehovah Witness, not just any Jehovah Witness but a midget. Of course the mom let him go and there were no hard feelings. Perhaps he should bring someone with him next time for protection.

Detour

I thought the punch line would have something to do with message boards.

thats story made me chuckle

Registered User DrRichardCranium's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by berkshirebirder View Post
    Crush this thread under your mighty heel

I think I hear the Monty Python theme song starting up.....
    "Katahdin barada nikto."

Journal Entries
    Images

I don't have a problem with these folk wanting to be chaplains on the trail. It looks like they work very hard and are tyring to be helpful to others. The idea of "serving" and being a "servant" to oters come across real clear. I very much doubt that these particular folk are obnoxious in their "witness".
    On the other hand I have had to listen to a lot of foul language, dirty language, dirty stories by "unbelievers" who are not courteous at all. Go figure.
    "Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" (Rudyard Kipling)
    From SunnyWalker, SOBO CDT hiker starting June 2014.
    Please visit: SunnyWalker.Net

Images

Thumbs up ok

Quote Originally Posted by berkshirebirder View Post
    Believe your own beliefs (BYOB?)
    I like this. I prefer multifunctional gear, even if its mental gear.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14
++ New Posts ++