WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Highline Trail, UT

Anyone with tips/suggestions for hiking the Highland Trail in Utah in July with a dog? Looking for specific information on shuttles, hostels/cheap stay, and if there is any chance at re-supply around half way? Everything must be dog-friendly! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglesworth View Post
    Anyone with tips/suggestions for hiking the Highland Trail in Utah in July with a dog? Looking for specific information on shuttles, hostels/cheap stay, and if there is any chance at re-supply around half way? Everything must be dog-friendly! Thanks.
    Uhhh, mis-typed Highline Trail...

You might want to ask over at the summitpost.org forums. There's quite a few people there from Utah who have a lot of hiking experience in the Uintas. I'm sure they could answer your questions.

I've camped in the Uintas but never done any hiking. I know the only major road that goes through there is the Mirror Lake Highway, and that's where the western terminus of the Highline Trail is. There are no paved roads east of there. I imagine resupply would be difficult, if not impossible. The area is extremely remote. Beautiful though. Definitely a trail I'd like to hike at some point.

++ New Posts ++