extra-ordinary hiker Roughin' It's Avatar

Default what happened to "ManAndMule"?

www.manandmule.com

What happened to this expedition? In the Log section, the last video log he posted was from Days 17-20 of his trip, about 200 miles into it. I know he wasn't planning on doing the entire PCT, just from Sisters, OR to Landers, CA.

soooooo, any idea?

I heard rumors while I was on the trail that his horse had difficulty hiking on the lava in Oregon in the snow and that they had to leave the trail. Don't know anything more than that.
    Some knew me as Piper, others as just Diane.
    I hiked the PCT: Mexico to Mt. Shasta, 2008. Santa Barbara to Canada, 2009.

I was hiking behind him from Lassen to Buck's Lake in August. Or so I was told by every northbounder I passed (that, plus the increasingly fresh mule s**t on the trail). I apparently camped 2 miles behind him in the Buck's Lake Wilderness. Then nothing. My best guess is that he went down to the resort while I hiked on. Was kinda bummed to miss him.

Piper: he probably signed your mom's register @ Hwy 36. Would have been there around 8/20/09.

Glad to know he got back on the trail. Looks like he's maybe putting his journal together now.
    http://www.manandmule.com/blog/
    Some knew me as Piper, others as just Diane.
    I hiked the PCT: Mexico to Mt. Shasta, 2008. Santa Barbara to Canada, 2009.

Images

Default Man and Mule in California

I saw these two on 21 Aug 2010 right near the half way point on the PCT just north of Cold Springs California (approx mile 1310).

"Then within a half hour, we saw a guy leading a mule coming towards us! This was Bronze and Boots who are SOBO from the Sisters. Bronze had purchased Boots in January and has been on trail for awhile. He lives in the Los Angeles area, but was dressed in buckskin regalia, obviously a mountain man re-enactor. I thought seeing the two of them was pretty cool! He has a website “Manandmule.com” should you care to check it out."

++ New Posts ++