WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ShelterLeopard View Post
    I was going to be critical about that video, but you know what? She'll find out what the trail is really like when she hikes it- maybe she'll be right, who knows? Cut her some slack and let her figure it all out. Everyone hikes for a different reason, and LOTS of people are changed by their hike, even if they don't realize it at first.
    Considering that they're currently past New York, I suspect they have a good idea what it's like (it's important to keep in mind that the post date of a video has little to do with when it was recorded).
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Images

I thought it was the second video- whatever, they'll figure it out! (I've been a little out of the loop- finished the first half of my thru, Monday I'm off to Maine to finish the second. So I probably shouldn't even be posting here anyway- too out of it!)
    2010 AT NoBo Thru "attempt" (guess 1,700 miles didn't quite get me all the way through ;) )
    Various adventures in Siberia 2016
    Adventures past and present!
    (and maybe 2018 PCT NoBo)

Want to help the Traveling Circus get on The Ellen Degeneres Show? Here's how:

Go to this link: http://ellen.warnerbros.com/show/respond/?PlugID=10

Type this in the email:

Hi Ellen! The Traveling Circus is hiking the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine to inspire young people to pursue their dreams. We'd love to see them on your show so they can reach out to more people!

More about the Circus and their documentary can be found here: http://appalachiantrail2010.blogspot.com/

You can also email them here: [email protected]

We love you Ellen!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringleader View Post
    [COLOR=Red]Hi Ellen! The Traveling Circus is hiking the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine to inspire young people to pursue their dreams. We'd love to see them on your show so they can reach out to more people!
    I sent mine. I'm also looking forward to seeing The Doyle on Extreme Makeover: AT Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagging Behind View Post
    Anyone see the newest video blog post?
    She talks about the trail like it is the same as walking to the corner grocery store...
    So does Lone Wolf, what's your point?

Man, this is STILL going on?

Seems to me that the only people all hot and bothered about how these young people are hiking the Trail are people who either don't hike much anymore, or more likely, looking at some of the harsher comments on this thread, the comments come from folks who never hiked the Trail and never will.

I met these folks in Georgia about 3 days into their trip.

They're still out there, which, seems to me, means they've got around 160 more days out on the Trail than virtually all of their critics.

Seems to me that should count for something.

Yep, I agree. They seem to be having a ball and going at their own pace. I hope to read about their summiting Katahdin !

Default Slight revision, letter to Ellen DeGeneres

Hi Ellen,

Please discourage people who want to be on your program from professing to love you. It's embarrassing--something only weaklings stoop to. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Man, this is STILL going on?

Seems to me that the only people all hot and bothered about how these young people are hiking the Trail are people who either don't hike much anymore, or more likely, looking at some of the harsher comments on this thread, the comments come from folks who never hiked the Trail and never will.

I met these folks in Georgia about 3 days into their trip.

They're still out there, which, seems to me, means they've got around 160 more days out on the Trail than virtually all of their critics.

Seems to me that should count for something.
    I hope you don't mean me. I've met these 3, twice once in VA and once in Mass. Never met better.

Quote Originally Posted by berkshirebirder View Post
    Hi Ellen,

Please discourage people who want to be on your program from professing to love you. It's embarrassing--something only weaklings stoop to. Thank you.
    I must be a weakling bird boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jay View Post
    Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Is it descriptive adjective time?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jay View Post
    That's what is known as a "glaring absence of comma".
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Last I heard they'd all three finished fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    nah. chances of 1 makin' it are slim. 3 together is really slim. thems just the facts
    oops, he IS human.....
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Journal Entries

They were in Monson August 7, which means they probably will be summitting by the weekend or early next week.

Open http://appalachiantrail2010.blogspot.com/

for recent blogs

Weary

extra-ordinary hiker Roughin' It's Avatar

i was on trail around these three people near Damascus.... SO glad I got ahead of them. their journal is depressing and ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Roughin' It View Post
    i was on trail around these three people near Damascus.... SO glad I got ahead of them. their journal is depressing and ridiculous.

I'm glad you were able to get ahead and avoid the sticky situation, good for you. Too bad I can't say the same for myself, I wish I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetree View Post
    I'm glad you were able to get ahead and avoid the sticky situation, good for you. Too bad I can't say the same for myself, I wish I could.
    Roughin' It -- Out of curiosity, why would you read other people's trail journals while you're hiking. I'm genuinely interested in why, by the way. I'm not trying to be a smartass.

Covetree -- Congrats on finishing.
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

extra-ordinary hiker Roughin' It's Avatar

A few of us read their journal a couple of times as an actual form of entertainment. That's how ridiculous it is.

Journal Entries

A few of us read their journal a couple of times as an actual form of entertainment. That's how ridiculous it is.
    Roughin it, glad to see you made it, I ran into you and Dr Beefstick in the smokies. Believe it or not, I'm not done yet. I had to go home and work for the summer, and am about to resume in a couple weeks. I got a few nice pics of you on Charlies Bunion.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
++ New Posts ++