WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    2010 complete

ya know, it wouldn't bother you so much if you didn't read it or watch it.
    cabin fever?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rjdxtr65 View Post
    We hike with two lawyers, two retired preachers, two active preachers and a vet pathologist and no one died... although we came close during some of our card games
    Preachers getting divine intervention on their inside straights and the lawyers threatening to sue because of it? Not sure what the vet pathologist could do, except do an autopsy on the preachers and a necropsy on the lawyers.

Just sayin'.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Quote Originally Posted by hellomolly View Post
    Or maybe something like, "what's a better use of your time besides creating a self-absorbed video blog about the appalachian trail and posting about it constantly in the hopes people will talk about you?"

that's probably too long...
    Well, people are talking about them. And they are hiking the AT and recording their hike in their down time. They aren't doing much different than lots of hikers have done and are doing in regards to journals and such except that they are getting attention here on WB. They are being honest and letting us in on their thoughts. If you don't find them interesting and what they learn along their hike to be educational, don't read about it or watch their vids.

Quote Originally Posted by TD55 View Post
    Well, people are talking about them. And they are hiking the AT and recording their hike in their down time. They aren't doing much different than lots of hikers have done and are doing in regards to journals and such except that they are getting attention here on WB. They are being honest and letting us in on their thoughts. If you don't find them interesting and what they learn along their hike to be educational, don't read about it or watch their vids.
    And that's totally fine. I have no problem with what they're doing - they can do what they want. I just find it annoying that people who criticize them are being bashed or told to not watch it or whatever. I mean, they are putting themselves out there. They asked for people's opinions and comments. If they said, "please post all your supportive and positive comments only," that would be different. But they are actively asking for people to make opinions and voice them regarding what they're doing.

2010 complete

And that's totally fine. I have no problem with what they're doing - they can do what they want. I just find it annoying that people who criticize them are being bashed or told to not watch it or whatever. I mean, they are putting themselves out there. They asked for people's opinions and comments. If they said, "please post all your supportive and positive comments only," that would be different. But they are actively asking for people to make opinions and voice them regarding what they're doing.
    so.
    We're just criticizing the criticizers. What's the problem?
    Sorry, I have to admit, I haven't read or watched their blog.
    If a tree falls in the forest and ....

Quote Originally Posted by modiyooch View Post
    so.
    We're just criticizing the criticizers. What's the problem?

Okay, I give up, lol.

Fair enough.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by modiyooch View Post
    ya know, it wouldn't bother you so much if you didn't read it or watch it.
    cabin fever?
    Ding! ding! Ding!

Yes folks we have a winner.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Images

their video blogs are kinda obnoxious, to be honest. I mean this latest one, "girl power" or whatever... ugh. Wow.
    Ugg. That "girl power" one is just nauseating. And what's with the mascara and cigarettes?

They are not bad or evil or good or devine. They are just miner players in a big world getting too much attention in MO. Not the first time thats happened and this won't be the last.
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

Nothing wrong with a bit of attention and these kids are bright enough to get it. After reading their blog posts, here's my take:

Emily - just wanted a little respect and got it

Brandon - the boy is finding himself

Kate - is along for the ride and having a blast

I wish them well.

Hike smarter, not harder.

I haven't read all the posts, but I do know that every time I hit the "new posts" button and see the title of this thread, I can't keep the thought "who cares?" from going thru my mind.
    Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe - Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by skinewmexico View Post
    I haven't read all the posts, but I do know that every time I hit the "new posts" button and see the title of this thread, I can't keep the thought "who cares?" from going thru my mind.
    Really cool of you to take the time to share!

Hike smarter, not harder.

Always glad to help.
    Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe - Thomas Sowell

Images

time to close this thread off

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WILLIAM HAYES View Post
    Don't be silly. Those kids are looking forward and chuckling over all our comments. Why disappoint them?

Shut it down immediately! Somebodys bothered!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuthatch View Post
    Ugg. That "girl power" one is just nauseating. And what's with the mascara and cigarettes?
    You need to be around twenty something year old girls. If you were you would understand that it is about being treated as an equal and not stereotyped and treated like a child. As far as the mascara goes, what part of girls trying to look welled groomed and attractive don't you get? It's normal. The cig thing, well, what can you say, bad habit?

Whats wrong with you? It's about real people who are actually hiking the AT. Have you ever suggested that a thread by about raman noodles or oatmeal recipes be shut down?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by TD55 View Post
    it is about being treated as an equal and not stereotyped and treated like a child.
    I've met many, many women that age on the Trail. I never saw any of them treated the way this girl claims she was. Sounds more like she has a huge chip on her shoulder, acted haughty and self-entitled, then threw a tantrum when other hikers didn't act like she was the most totally awsome-est chick on the entire AT. She comes across as a snotty, spoiled brat.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++