WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jay View Post
    I also hiked CT, Mass, and southern Vermont recently. Not once, in any state, did I see a shelter entry by a Beefstick (or Dr. Beefstick). I am NOT claiming, like Dr. Beefstick, that there is no evidence that Dr. Beefstick has never made it east of the Mississippi, let alone thru hiked. I might have missed every single entry. Keeping track of other hikers must be very tiring, he must have been too pooped to write.
    Blue Jay, I'm quite sad you forgot the heartfelt conversation we shared as you were coming up from Jennings Creek. It was shortly after this that I yellow-blazed to Abol Bridge (it didn't matter cuz I already hiked that stretch in 03).

It's ironic that your comments about my lack of shelter entries call into question your own hiking claims. Among other things, in the shelter logs this year I documented a 300-mile courtship of Lightning through NC/TN, backstabbed my hiking partner Dark Star in southern VA, and accused LT hikers of being the posers that they are in VT. Come to think of it, I only saw one entry from you in the shelters. Now who's the fraud?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefstick View Post
    Blue Jay, I'm quite sad you forgot the heartfelt conversation we shared as you were coming up from Jennings Creek. It was shortly after this that I yellow-blazed to Abol Bridge (it didn't matter cuz I already hiked that stretch in 03).
    You can skip sections you've done before and claim to have thru-hiked? That's fantastic. I'm going to go ahead and claim a thru-hike for this year. I didn't do any hiking, but that's okay (cuz I already hiked it all in 2000).
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jester2000 View Post
    You can skip sections you've done before and claim to have thru-hiked? That's fantastic. I'm going to go ahead and claim a thru-hike for this year. I didn't do any hiking, but that's okay (cuz I already hiked it all in 2000).
    And a lot of us who hike regularly can do the same. But claim to whom? ATC issues a page or two of suggestions for those who want to claim 2000 MILE STATUS at least as defined by ATC.

Frankly, ATC is engaging in a gimmick designed to suggest to hikers that the trail is pretty much a creation of ATC ands its member organization, true enough as far as the claim goes.

To my knowledge, however, no one else does. Though from time to time they suggests some minimal ways of adhereing to ATC desires.

Weary

I'm pretty sure Beefstick was being sarcastic in his statement of "yellow blazing because he's hiked the section before". He would have skipped over half the trail and I saw him several times in the second half (btw Beefstick this is Gumby). Blue Jay said he yellowed blazed in VA "because he had hiked that section before", hence beefsticks remark.

I told you, IN PERSON, that I hiked 700 miles so far this year. I have never claimed a thru since 1998.

Come to think of it, I only saw one entry from you in the shelters.
    I did not forget that conversation, however I did forget your name. I apologize for that. Actually you proved my point on why you should not accuse anyone of yellow blazing as it is very very easy to miss a thru and assume they are skipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jay View Post
    I told you, IN PERSON, that I hiked 700 miles so far this year. I have never claimed a thru since 1998.
    Sorry Jester I thought you were talking about me. I guess my reading skills are dropping fast.

Thanks to everyone who has kept this thread alive, and followed our blog for the last five months. And most of all, thanks to all of you who believed in us. It's been a great ride.

For those of you that are interested, we plan to continue posting on our blog to discuss the transition home. We've heard from former thru-hikers that this transition can sometimes be very difficult, particularly because many of us return to lives that do not include other thru-hikers.

I have posted one entry, and the other members of the Traveling Circus will soon follow suit. To read, click here: http://appalachiantrail2010.blogspot.com/

We also plan to keep people updated about our documentary through a listserv. If you would like to be on that listserv, please email us at: [email protected]

Thanks again everyone!

- Ringleader

Images

My heartfelt congratulations go out to you Lightning and Monkey. Well done and I have enjoyed the blog. Good luck to you all on your future endeavors.

Furlough
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L’Amour

Registered User lonewolftrekker's Avatar

Just a personal thought, try to be famous out of personal conquest seems a bit... Narcissitic... please dont use me in your vid that you interviewed me in, I wish I never signed that waiver. I am happy with youtube vids.
    stumbling goes the hippie.
    howling goes the wolf.
    i am stumble wolf

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolftrekker View Post
    Just a personal thought, try to be famous out of personal conquest seems a bit... Narcissitic... please dont use me in your vid that you interviewed me in, I wish I never signed that waiver. I am happy with youtube vids.
    Considering that you signed a waiver, the way to get them to honor your request now is probably not accusing them of narcissism on a public site.

yeah, narcissistic people usually don't consider others' feelings when making decisions. only their own. you're probably screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    yeah, narcissistic people usually don't consider others' feelings when making decisions. only their own. you're probably screwed.
    All I'm saying is, whether it's an accurate assessment or not, saying so isn't the best strategy to get what you want.

If someone I filmed had emailed me privately and requested that I not put them in my movie, I would have honored that request. And the two people who, while I was filming, stated that they didn't want to be in it? They're not in it.

But if someone publicly said crap about me and then asked me to not use footage of them? I suppose it would depend. If it was good footage and I didn't have coverage for what that shot portrayed, I'd be inclined to tell them to pound sand.

All I'm saying is, whether it's an accurate assessment or not, saying so isn't the best strategy to get what you want.

If someone I filmed had emailed me privately and requested that I not put them in my movie, I would have honored that request. And the two people who, while I was filming, stated that they didn't want to be in it? They're not in it.

But if someone publicly said crap about me and then asked me to not use footage of them? I suppose it would depend. If it was good footage and I didn't have coverage for what that shot portrayed, I'd be inclined to tell them to pound sand.

you have completely lost your sense of humor for the month of september. are you ok?

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    you have completely lost your sense of humor for the month of september. are you ok?
    I take a month off every year.

well it's depressing. stop it.

Registered User lonewolftrekker's Avatar

Yeah Jester your the mayor of insanity, cut it out... LOL.
    stumbling goes the hippie.
    howling goes the wolf.
    i am stumble wolf

Today marks the 1-Year Anniversary of The Traveling Circus' start date. Thanks again for following our journey and motivating us to finish!

The documentary is set for release this summer 2011.

http://appalachiantrail2010.blogspot.com

Images

accused LT hikers of being the posers that they are in VT.
    Ha ha, I read that one, that s**t had me laughing. Apparently some folks on the LT had no sense of humor last year. You should have read the next two pages in the register, I thought they were going to get a militia after you. BTW, I don't think you're welcome on the LT, or in Vermont for that matter.

Images

I could watch a few minutes of Emily smilin'. Tell her a Maniac thinks she is easy on the eyes.

I can pass on the Jersey Shore.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
++ New Posts ++