WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chelko View Post
    I have been following their blog and this thread since the beginning. They have done some stupid stuff, they have acted like 20 year olds, and they have made some people mad. But haven't we all. They have been on the trail for 68 days and have covered almost 800 miles. For novice backpackers of their age that is pretty good. They have matured and have acclimated to trail life quite well. A lot of people that have hiked with them have nothing but good things to say about them. The whole no tent thing happended the first week out, I'm sure they won't make that mistake again so give it rest. If you don't like them don't follow their blog or this thread and just sit there and be pissed that they are out hiking and you ain't.
    Well said Chelko, well worth re-reading again.
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

Their blog has turned into a women's studies course.
    Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
    {Those chips on their shoulders are pink.}

From their Blog:
    "Sat May 9, 2010 ~ To the people that work for Ellen --- We love your show, and it has inspired us to find time each day to dance, laugh, and play --- whether it be on top of a mountain or inside our tents at night. Sometimes, if you just dance . . . it can completely change the day. So get ready for your inbox to be overloaded with emails because the Traveling Circus intends to come dance on your show . . ."

IMO they are still out there doing nothing but attention-whoring and just want to get on TV for this.
    Adventure is the invitation to the common person, to become uncommon. ~ wm
    Bivouac is a French word for "mistake". ~ Ed Viesturs

Quote Originally Posted by makoboy View Post
    From their Blog:
    "Sat May 9, 2010 ~ To the people that work for Ellen --- We love your show, and it has inspired us to find time each day to dance, laugh, and play --- whether it be on top of a mountain or inside our tents at night. Sometimes, if you just dance . . . it can completely change the day. So get ready for your inbox to be overloaded with emails because the Traveling Circus intends to come dance on your show . . ."

IMO they are still out there doing nothing but attention-whoring and just want to get on TV for this.
    nothin' wrong with that

Images

I am thinking maybe a new thread about what happens when you put a guy from athens the classic city (my old hometown) a guy from delaware and a hillbilly (ga Bulldog)on the trail with nothing to eat but oatmeal and ramen noodles for 4 months

Quote Originally Posted by WILLIAM HAYES View Post
    I am thinking maybe a new thread about what happens when you put a guy from athens the classic city (my old hometown) a guy from delaware and a hillbilly (ga Bulldog)on the trail with nothing to eat but oatmeal and ramen noodles for 4 months
    There would be arguments everyday about what to have for lunch.

Images

Sorry I didnt read the whole thing.......Why didnt they have a tent? Did something happen to it? I only watched the one video and in the video that girl has a chip on her shoulder about guys. The guy in the first video looks as if he could be gay. Are they brother and sister?

Also that whole comment about guy not talking to her until she passed them the next day......I have been hiking for a long time and so has my girlfriend. Nither of us have ever seen anything like that. Usually its the other way around. Girls get attention anywhere they go. Its not like guys stop wanted to sleep with girls cuz they are in the woods.

I just dont understand this whole tread.

Quote Originally Posted by tuswm View Post
    ... The guy in the first video looks as if he could be gay....

I just dont understand this whole tread.
    And I just don't understand why you felt the need to interject that little gem in your otherwise innocuous post.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by makoboy View Post
    From their Blog:

Their expedition reeks of reality show drama. Not even the AT is safe from that poison nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by maicheneb View Post
    Their expedition reeks of reality show drama. Not even the AT is safe from that poison nowadays.
    Their sphere of influence is as big as you want it to be.

Hike ahead or behind them and they don't "exist".
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Images

The guy in the first video looks as if he could be gay.
    That is uncalled-for.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuthatch View Post
    That is uncalled-for.
    Agree. What the heck difference would it make? Why would someone care?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuthatch View Post
    That is uncalled-for.
    Why would looking gay be uncalled for? The guy has the right to dress/prim any way he wants.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by maicheneb View Post
    ^That was one of the points I was trying to make.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by TD55 View Post
    Agree. What the heck difference would it make? Why would someone care?
    I was saying this as a matter of fact. I didnt make a gay jokes or slurs. I dont care about who is gay or not. But 2 chicks and a gay(or not) guy attention whoring to get publicity for a walk in the woods.

I do live close enough to you to know that you live in a beach that even locals call rehomo beach. For those of you that dont know, Rehobeth beach is widely known around here for having a very high gay male population and tourist pull. I am guessing that weather or not you are gay you would be able to give advice. What would be the proper way to say someone appears gay? I am sick of this over political correctness. When are we not going to be able to refer to someone as white or black or boy or girl and the guy with brown hair.

2010 complete

I was saying this as a matter of fact. I didnt make a gay jokes or slurs. I dont care about who is gay or not. But 2 chicks and a gay(or not) guy attention whoring to get publicity for a walk in the woods.

I do live close enough to you to know that you live in a beach that even locals call rehomo beach. For those of you that dont know, Rehobeth beach is widely known around here for having a very high gay male population and tourist pull. I am guessing that weather or not you are gay you would be able to give advice. What would be the proper way to say someone appears gay? I am sick of this over political correctness. When are we not going to be able to refer to someone as white or black or boy or girl and the guy with brown hair.
    Don't knock Rehoboth Beach.

2010 complete

Quote Originally Posted by modiyooch View Post
    Don't knock Rehoboth Beach.
    or TD55...

Images

IM there all the time, lots of fun.

[QUOTE=tuswm;1015166]I was saying this as a matter of fact. I didnt .

I do live close enough to you to know that you live in a beach that even locals call rehomo beach. For those of you that dont know, Rehobeth beach is widely known around here for having a very high gay male population and tourist pull. QUOTE]

I do live close enough to you to know that you live in a beach that even locals call rehomo beach. For those of you that dont know, Rehobeth beach is widely known around here for having a very high gay male population and tourist pull. .
    I don't know any locals that call their town Rehomo Beach. Only some tourist call it that. And you spelled my towns name wrong. It's not Rehobeth, it's Rehoboth. Also, I wonder how you would know that the gay males here are high and what level of highness they are? Another thing, you failed to mention we have many lesbians here.
    One more thing, you might want to inform folks that just about every beach resort on the east coast has a gay community in it.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++