Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 374
  1. #201
    2010 complete
    Join Date
    06-24-2007
    Location
    hickory, nc
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,970

    Default

    ya know, it wouldn't bother you so much if you didn't read it or watch it.
    cabin fever?

  2. #202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rjdxtr65 View Post
    We hike with two lawyers, two retired preachers, two active preachers and a vet pathologist and no one died... although we came close during some of our card games
    Preachers getting divine intervention on their inside straights and the lawyers threatening to sue because of it? Not sure what the vet pathologist could do, except do an autopsy on the preachers and a necropsy on the lawyers.

    Just sayin'.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

  3. #203
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-29-2008
    Location
    REHOBOTH BEACH, DE
    Age
    65
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellomolly View Post
    Or maybe something like, "what's a better use of your time besides creating a self-absorbed video blog about the appalachian trail and posting about it constantly in the hopes people will talk about you?"

    that's probably too long...
    Well, people are talking about them. And they are hiking the AT and recording their hike in their down time. They aren't doing much different than lots of hikers have done and are doing in regards to journals and such except that they are getting attention here on WB. They are being honest and letting us in on their thoughts. If you don't find them interesting and what they learn along their hike to be educational, don't read about it or watch their vids.

  4. #204
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-18-2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TD55 View Post
    Well, people are talking about them. And they are hiking the AT and recording their hike in their down time. They aren't doing much different than lots of hikers have done and are doing in regards to journals and such except that they are getting attention here on WB. They are being honest and letting us in on their thoughts. If you don't find them interesting and what they learn along their hike to be educational, don't read about it or watch their vids.
    And that's totally fine. I have no problem with what they're doing - they can do what they want. I just find it annoying that people who criticize them are being bashed or told to not watch it or whatever. I mean, they are putting themselves out there. They asked for people's opinions and comments. If they said, "please post all your supportive and positive comments only," that would be different. But they are actively asking for people to make opinions and voice them regarding what they're doing.

  5. #205
    2010 complete
    Join Date
    06-24-2007
    Location
    hickory, nc
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellomolly View Post
    And that's totally fine. I have no problem with what they're doing - they can do what they want. I just find it annoying that people who criticize them are being bashed or told to not watch it or whatever. I mean, they are putting themselves out there. They asked for people's opinions and comments. If they said, "please post all your supportive and positive comments only," that would be different. But they are actively asking for people to make opinions and voice them regarding what they're doing.
    so.
    We're just criticizing the criticizers. What's the problem?
    Sorry, I have to admit, I haven't read or watched their blog.
    If a tree falls in the forest and ....

  6. #206
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-18-2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by modiyooch View Post
    so.
    We're just criticizing the criticizers. What's the problem?

    Okay, I give up, lol.

  7. #207
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-29-2008
    Location
    REHOBOTH BEACH, DE
    Age
    65
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellomolly View Post
    And that's totally fine. I have no problem with what they're doing - they can do what they want. I just find it annoying that people who criticize them are being bashed or told to not watch it or whatever. I mean, they are putting themselves out there. They asked for people's opinions and comments. If they said, "please post all your supportive and positive comments only," that would be different. But they are actively asking for people to make opinions and voice them regarding what they're doing.
    Fair enough.

  8. #208
    Doting Membrane Skidsteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-25-2005
    Location
    Skitt's Mountain, GA
    Posts
    7,945
    Images
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by modiyooch View Post
    ya know, it wouldn't bother you so much if you didn't read it or watch it.
    cabin fever?
    Ding! ding! Ding!

    Yes folks we have a winner.
    Skids

    Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

  9. #209
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-03-2010
    Location
    Snowden, MT
    Posts
    67
    Images
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellomolly View Post
    their video blogs are kinda obnoxious, to be honest. I mean this latest one, "girl power" or whatever... ugh. Wow.
    Ugg. That "girl power" one is just nauseating. And what's with the mascara and cigarettes?

  10. #210
    Registered User moytoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-10-2009
    Location
    Titusville, Florida, United States
    Age
    69
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    They are not bad or evil or good or devine. They are just miner players in a big world getting too much attention in MO. Not the first time thats happened and this won't be the last.
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

  11. #211

    Default

    Nothing wrong with a bit of attention and these kids are bright enough to get it. After reading their blog posts, here's my take:

    Emily - just wanted a little respect and got it

    Brandon - the boy is finding himself

    Kate - is along for the ride and having a blast

    I wish them well.

  12. #212
    Hike smarter, not harder.
    Join Date
    10-01-2008
    Location
    Midland, TX
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    I haven't read all the posts, but I do know that every time I hit the "new posts" button and see the title of this thread, I can't keep the thought "who cares?" from going thru my mind.
    Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe - Thomas Sowell

  13. #213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skinewmexico View Post
    I haven't read all the posts, but I do know that every time I hit the "new posts" button and see the title of this thread, I can't keep the thought "who cares?" from going thru my mind.
    Really cool of you to take the time to share!

  14. #214
    Hike smarter, not harder.
    Join Date
    10-01-2008
    Location
    Midland, TX
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Always glad to help.
    Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe - Thomas Sowell

  15. #215
    Registered User WILLIAM HAYES's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-14-2006
    Location
    Aiken south carolina
    Posts
    901
    Images
    20

    Default

    time to close this thread off

  16. #216
    weary's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-15-2003
    Location
    Phippsburg, Maine, United States
    Posts
    10,115
    Journal Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WILLIAM HAYES View Post
    time to close this thread off
    Don't be silly. Those kids are looking forward and chuckling over all our comments. Why disappoint them?

  17. #217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WILLIAM HAYES View Post
    time to close this thread off
    Shut it down immediately! Somebodys bothered!

  18. #218
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-29-2008
    Location
    REHOBOTH BEACH, DE
    Age
    65
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuthatch View Post
    Ugg. That "girl power" one is just nauseating. And what's with the mascara and cigarettes?
    You need to be around twenty something year old girls. If you were you would understand that it is about being treated as an equal and not stereotyped and treated like a child. As far as the mascara goes, what part of girls trying to look welled groomed and attractive don't you get? It's normal. The cig thing, well, what can you say, bad habit?

  19. #219
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-29-2008
    Location
    REHOBOTH BEACH, DE
    Age
    65
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WILLIAM HAYES View Post
    time to close this thread off
    Whats wrong with you? It's about real people who are actually hiking the AT. Have you ever suggested that a thread by about raman noodles or oatmeal recipes be shut down?

  20. #220
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-03-2010
    Location
    Snowden, MT
    Posts
    67
    Images
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TD55 View Post
    it is about being treated as an equal and not stereotyped and treated like a child.
    I've met many, many women that age on the Trail. I never saw any of them treated the way this girl claims she was. Sounds more like she has a huge chip on her shoulder, acted haughty and self-entitled, then threw a tantrum when other hikers didn't act like she was the most totally awsome-est chick on the entire AT. She comes across as a snotty, spoiled brat.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •