WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mangold Venom

Images

I just finished another batch of the Venom Super Stove. Takes a while to get enough bottles to do so

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/super-stove.php

Images

I have more of these available in short supply. The aluminum bottles are hard to come by.

just ordered one dan to be delivered to alpharetta.

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    I have more of these available in short supply. The aluminum bottles are hard to come by.

Sweet! Are the 10cm IMUSA lids in stock? Do you have any for the 1.25quart IMUSA?

Does the 10cm lid fit olicamp space saver mug ? It's 3 7/8" outside to outside 3 11/16 inside to inside

thom

Images

The lids were made for the Imusa 10cm mug. I'm not aware of any other pot that they might fit. I don't have any other sizes.

I only have 4 lids left. That equates to 2 orders remaining in stock. I may have more when I return home in the spring.

Post office is closed today...Happy Presidents Day :-)

There are videos on youtube that show how to turn the aluminum bottles inside out to make the Venom Super Stove. The stove is unique and was created right here on Whitblaze when stovies were abundant :-) The stove is one piece, comes with a 4oz. capacity fuel bottle with turret style dispense cap (cap fits yellow HEET bottle $3.00 value) This stove is a collectors item ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    The lids were made for the Imusa 10cm mug. I'm not aware of any other pot that they might fit. I don't have any other sizes.

I only have 4 lids left. That equates to 2 orders remaining in stock. I may have more when I return home in the spring.

Post office is closed today...Happy Presidents Day :-)

There are videos on youtube that show how to turn the aluminum bottles inside out to make the Venom Super Stove. The stove is unique and was created right here on Whitblaze when stovies were abundant :-) The stove is one piece, comes with a 4oz. capacity fuel bottle with turret style dispense cap (cap fits yellow HEET bottle $3.00 value) This stove is a collectors item ;-)
    Lids ordered!!

Thanks Dan!

Journal Entries
    Images

I can no longer find the original Venom cans that had the thicker wall. Now Venom comes in regular flimsy aluminum. I had several boxes of the old ones ready for you Zelph before the divorce but yes, I lost those too!
    If anyone knows of another non-alcoholic drink that comes in the thick-walled cans, please let me know. This stove is one of the best ever.
    "Keep moving: death is very, very still."
    ---Lily Wagner (nee Hennessy)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mkmangold View Post
    I can no longer find the original Venom cans that had the thicker wall. Now Venom comes in regular flimsy aluminum. I had several boxes of the old ones ready for you Zelph before the divorce but yes, I lost those too!
    If anyone knows of another non-alcoholic drink that comes in the thick-walled cans, please let me know. This stove is one of the best ever.
    Thanks for keeping me in mind on the bottles. They sure are hard to come by. I have 50+ stoves in process but I'm away from home for the winter months. I'l make the stoves available again in the spring of 2018.

I used a lot of the bottles in the making of the Mega Starlyte Burner aka Companion Burner. It;s great for winter use when dry wood is not available for melting snow for water. Comes with a lid to save unused fuel.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/mega-st...r-with-lid.php

DIY stove era was a fun time here on WB. Life seems to get in the way of fun times but time passes and now I'm back into designing and having fun again. :-) The Starlyte XL3 burner design is coming along nicely.

Once the Mangold Super Stoves are back in stock, I'll revive this thread. I'm down south for the winter months at a Recreation Area volunteering for the US Army Corps of Engineers. Outdoor stove testing coming up this week while steaming shrimp(side dish) for Thanksgiving Dinner.

Images

mkmangold contacted me yesterday and brought back memories of this stove creation.

Designing stoves has been a fun ride over the years. This year will be my last producing Starlyte Stoves and burners. The Fancee Feest will remain forever

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++