WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mangold Venom

Images

Quote Originally Posted by cruisaire View Post
    A simply SUPERB stove.....bar none! Zelph, you've done it again!!!! Easy to use, no waiting, lights fast.
    Thank you for the kind words "cruisaire".

I should be getting a listing up on ebay this week. I have a batch made up and are ready to go.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by cruisaire View Post
    A simply SUPERB stove.....bar none! Zelph, you've done it again!!!! Easy to use, no waiting, lights fast.
    And a killer name!
    "Keep moving: death is very, very still."
    ---Lily Wagner (nee Hennessy)

Yes, the name is cool too!

Images

Hey all, I'm expecting a shipment of Black Mamba bottles to arrive tomorrow, lots and lots of them. My savings will be extended to you. Cost for 1 stove is $10.00 + $3.00 shipping. This is a super good deal, don't miss out on it, send me a pm if you want one. The season is fast coming upon us.

Images

Zelph, convince me why I should retire my beloved StarLyte and purchase a Mamba.

PS, I am easy to convince

Images

Quote Originally Posted by IceAge View Post
    Zelph, convince me why I should retire my beloved StarLyte and purchase a Mamba.

PS, I am easy to convince
    Don't retire the StarLyte, alternate with the Mangold Mamba....it fits inside the Mamba.....both have the fuel absorbing feature

Take it along and let a neighbor use it. You know! the ones that use canister stoves and can't get them to work. Or the ones that chose to use wood and it's raining.

Images

Is the Mamba the same as the bud stove, if not, what is the difference and performance. I saw where u had a few left for sale and would like to buy one at $13. Where do I send the money if it is basically the same as the bud stove.

thanks

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
    Is the Mamba the same as the bud stove, if not, what is the difference and performance. I saw where u had a few left for sale and would like to buy one at $13. Where do I send the money if it is basically the same as the bud stove.

thanks
    Yes, same design as the original budlyte super stove just a larger diameter bottle and is .001 thicker aluminum than the Mountain Dew bottle.

PM me for paypal and money order info. Thank you Loneoak

Images

I just bumped this thread up here as a reminder that the stoves I have on sale originated here as a DIY stove.

So the design came about in the year 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    mkmangold , "Mangold Mamba" let it be written, let it be done!!!!!

I should have some available by early next week for shipping.

What fuel is available in Haiti?

Count me in....I'll donate 5 bud "Super Stoves" they're ready to go. I'll put them in the mail today.

Toolshed, those tins are too small and will rust.
    I have been to Haiti a number of times to help and they don't use electricity. We have brought many solar lights. The stoves they use are fueled with the tons of cardboard. We have however developed solar ovens. I'm not sure if alcohol stoves would work there but, it's a good thought.

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
    Isaiah 55:12

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Damn Yankee View Post
    I have been to Haiti a number of times to help and they don't use electricity. We have brought many solar lights. The stoves they use are fueled with the tons of cardboard. We have however developed solar ovens. I'm not sure if alcohol stoves would work there but, it's a good thought.
    Thank you for your service there. Such a devastating natural disaster to have happened, so sad.

This type of wick stove will burn isopropl91 alcohol very well. It will leave some soot on the bottom of the pot but a lot less than cardboard. If iso91 is available there I will donate 2 dozen stoves to be shipped there or to your address for when you return.

Thanks again for your service.

Images

Mangold Mamba also known as Venom Super Stove :-)

I made a small modification to it, made it fit perfect into the recessed bottom of a Foster's pot. Really makes for a stable fit and centers the pot precisely.

That is what I like about the Fancee Feest and the 1-cup: the 1-cup doesn't slide around.

It doesn't "snap" in place, like this Venom stove and your Ridgeline Foster's can.

I can see why people woukd like it.

Images

Someone had sent me an eamil and said he liked how the pot snapped onto the stove, told him I'd check on it and one thing led to another and this is what I came up with. Watch this video starting at 3:10

Images

Hey Zelph---that was me that emailed ya about the snap on pot----is it too late to add to my order?

also---in the beer can style pots---do you cook in it (like noodles or something) or just use it for boiling water?

thanks....

Images

Quote Originally Posted by TNhiker View Post
    Hey Zelph---that was me that emailed ya about the snap on pot----is it too late to add to my order?

also---in the beer can style pots---do you cook in it (like noodles or something) or just use it for boiling water?

thanks....
    Small world :-)

If I shipped your order I'll send out another one. No Charge since you were the inspiration :-)

I cook Ramen noodles in my fosters and conquistadors. I then boil 2 cups of water in them to clean them and make a hot drink with the flavored water ;-)

Images

Why thank you Zelph.....

please make sure your address is somewhere and ill send ya a thank you gift....

Images

To me---when I watched the video for the first time--when I saw how the pot snapped onto stove---it made me think that this is the alcohol version of a jet boil.....

plus I dug it cause right now--the pot I'm using for my stove (pocket rocket) has a tendency to slip off......

im pumped to try it out and will give a report on how it works for me.....

Images

To me---when I watched the video for the first time--when I saw how the pot snapped onto stove---it made me think that this is the alcohol version of a jet boil.....

plus I dug it cause right now--the pot I'm using for my stove (pocket rocket) has a tendency to slip off......

It's going t work well for you.

Look at this thread, shows how to roast fish fillets....hot dogs using the Venom stove

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...light=hot+dogs

Images

I sent a new one out yesterday to you along with a Heineken pot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++