WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I will definitely miss my little fat wife, and all my dogs and cats.

litefoot 2000

I will miss my husband and teenagers the most. I leave for 6 months every year now so it won't be all that different. I will miss my comfy pillow and fresh salads. Sleeping in the hammock will make it easier to part with my pillow.

i will definitly miss indoor plumbing and cold showers on hot summer nights.
    But,most of all,i will miss my fiance.That will be the biggest challenge.

I'll miss my job the most. And before any of you think i'm crazy, I've got a pretty cool job. I take care of my grandmother, and help keep her business running, all while getting paid!! Second of all will be my dogs, and my ferret.

While the wife is the obvious answer, I'm having a hard time dealing with the fact that I'll miss an entire baseball season! Leaving during Spring Training and trying to finish before the World Series will be weird! The town stops will be HUGE to me! Pizza delivered, beer and a game will carry me a LOOOOOOONG way!

I just realized that I'm going to miss Doctor Who!
    Credendo Vides

I will miss....PLUMBING!!! Also my family

Some of you people don't sound very thrilled to go, as if this is some sort of punishment.
    Frankly, I won't miss anything, which is why I'm going in the first place.
    If you want to sound wise, go to school.
    If you want to be wise, go to nature.

Quote Originally Posted by abbyflutterby View Post
    Some of you people don't sound very thrilled to go, as if this is some sort of punishment.
    Edit - Sorry, I guess that sounds mean. I mean it in the most lighthearted way.

You will all miss air conditionining in the middle of summer.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

I will miss Jellybean and Pepé Le Pew and all their cuteness and adorable sounds.... They are my guinea pigs!! I saved Jellybean from a home where she was not wanted and just fell in love and then along came Pepé, my baby boy that looks like a little skunk! I have always wanted a pet skunk and he is the perfect alternative! I have tried to think about many ways to bring them along but it would be selfish lol Grandma will spoil them while I am gone! I have started taking them to Grandmas for little periods of time so it wont be a total shock to any of us. I never realized how great of a pet they can be.. I had read somewhere that guinea pigs have no personality and could never show love, this is the furthest thing from the truth! Now I sound like a pet store salesman lol

I find myself saying ALOT, "Is it March yet?" and "See, this is why I am going"..... It will be an amazing journey and I am thankful that I have found myself in the perfect position to finally do it! My lifestyle has already prepared me for this; I am overjoyed by the simpler things in life, not the things that make life simple.

Edit - Sorry, I guess that sounds mean. I mean it in the most lighthearted way.
    Next time, instead of using Mr., choose Mr.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperD View Post
    Next time, instead of using Mr., choose Mr.
    Just a tad confuzzled is all.

Images

Learning to appreciate all the things I take for granted is part of the point of going. I hope I miss a lot.

If I don’t miss anything then I’m not coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by -Animal View Post
    If I don’t miss anything then I’m not coming back.
    Now there is a great idea. I think I might join you.

I think what I will miss the most is my family. Luckily my husbands as crazy about doing a thu-hike as I am so I will have him and my pomeranian Meeka with me. But my family and two cats are going to stay behind in dear flat North Dakota. I have never seen mountains in person in my entire life. The trail is going to be so new and exciting for me, and my family will still be here when I come back.

Your taking your Pomeranian on the trail? I would re-think that if it were me. The trail is harsh on paws and joints for dogs as well as dogs can't go through the National Parks as well as logistical problems such as staying in shelters, hotels, hitching rides into town etc. I am not saying that it is not possible to hike most of the trail with the dog, just that it poses complications and 'ages' the dogs joints.

Thanks for the concern Turtle but I have spent more then half my life with a little dog up on my shoulders.I am letting her walk when she wants and I will carry her when she is done. I am also taking into consideration I will have to board her during certain sections of the trail, but that most are open to dogs. Also my husband and I are definitly staying in tents unless we have a shelter all to our selves, I wouldn't impose my crazy fuzzball on any one else lol. I would miss her too much to leave behind, for someone who has had a dog her whole life she is more like a part of me then just a cute k-9.

A shower. Also, I'll miss the ease of having what I want, when I want-- like a certain beverage or a piece of food.

I will miss my friends, and I will probably miss my bicycle and a convenient means of processing and sharing the many photos I'll be taking along the way.

Life has taught me that I have no particular love of roofs, plumbing, cars, television, refined foods, or even air conditioning. The internet is more of a love/hate relationship. When I reach the end of the AT, down in Georgia, I'll probably take stock of my financial situation and how badly I miss my friends, and I may just keep on walking, down the Eastern Continental Trail route. I wouldn't mind a winter hiking through Florida.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
++ New Posts ++