WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Appalachian Trail Open House, March 29, Camp Hill, PA

You're Invited to a FREE
    APPALACHIAN TRAIL OPEN HOUSE

Featuring the new National Geographic movie, “Wild Spaces: The Appalachian Trail” This acclaimed film features breathtaking views of the entire 2,175 mile trail. It follows hikers as they tackle the trail and the many volunteers who maintain it.

Click here to see a preview of the movie.
    Click here
    to read an article on the movie.

Presented by Cumberland Valley Appalachian Trail Club, in partnership with other trail and environmental groups. Presenting Partners [so far]: Appalachian Trail Conservancy, Appalachian Trail Museum, Central Pensylvania Conservancy, Keystone Trails Association.

When: Monday, March 29, 2010, 7 p.m., doors open 6:30

Where: Camp Hill United Methodist Church, 417 S 22nd St., Camp Hill, PA Click Here for a map to the site.

Cost: Free, reservations encouraged. Make reservations online at http://atopenhouse.eventbrite.com/
    Early Bird 2007

Images

I would love to buy a copy of the movie. I can't find it on the Nat Geo website, or anywhere else for that matter. Do you know when it will be for sale to the public?
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

You can buy the Nat Geo film from ATC: go to www.appalachiantrail.org, then click on "Store." There's an image on the front page of the store--you can click right on that. ATC members get a discount, and some of the proceeds benefit the A.T.

If you're in the Harrisburg area, come support this A.T. event. That way, you'll get to see it on a theater-type setting--the best way to view the documentary. It's a pretty stirring experience to be in a room full of A.T. enthusiasts, seeing the A.T. from the air on a big screen. A regular-size tv or laptop doesn't really do it justice.

Laurie P.

Storyteller
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lauriep View Post
    You can buy the Nat Geo film from ATC: go to www.appalachiantrail.org, then click on "Store." There's an image on the front page of the store--you can click right on that. ATC members get a discount, and some of the proceeds benefit the A.T.

If you're in the Harrisburg area, come support this A.T. event. That way, you'll get to see it on a theater-type setting--the best way to view the documentary. It's a pretty stirring experience to be in a room full of A.T. enthusiasts, seeing the A.T. from the air on a big screen. A regular-size tv or laptop doesn't really do it justice.

Laurie P.
    Not to quibble Laurie, but sitting on a folding chair in a church gym is not what I'd call a "theater-type setting."

That said, I am really looking forward to seeing the film again, especially on a big screen. Being able to do it within walking distance of my house makes it all the better.

Also, I e-mailed the CVATC with this request, but will also mention it to you. Please send me a reminder/release in March so I can get something into the paper about it in advance. And if you can get me in touch with the filmmaker for an interview, I will try to get a longer story in, rather than just a listing in our events calendar.

Hoop Time, thanks for the clarification--poor choice of words on my part.

Laurie P.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop Time View Post
    Not to quibble Laurie, but sitting on a folding chair in a church gym is not what I'd call a "theater-type setting."

That said, I am really looking forward to seeing the film again, especially on a big screen. Being able to do it within walking distance of my house makes it all the better.

Also, I e-mailed the CVATC with this request, but will also mention it to you. Please send me a reminder/release in March so I can get something into the paper about it in advance. And if you can get me in touch with the filmmaker for an interview, I will try to get a longer story in, rather than just a listing in our events calendar.
    Chris: We'll definitely get you a press release.
    Early Bird 2007

++ New Posts ++