WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Annoying stuff

Registered User DrRichardCranium's Avatar
    Journal Entries

:banana

Quote Originally Posted by prain4u View Post
    I sure do!

In addition to doing some other very important things, Jesus and his 12 closest buddies....

++ Dropped out of their regular jobs, left their families behind, and went on a three year "thru hike" of the Holy Land. If such behavior is good enough for Jesus--it is good enough for me!

++ He sent his followers out in groups of two--with specific instructions to not take along an extra shirt, an extra bag or any extra money (the ULTIMATE ultralight hikers?).

++There are actual written references to them walking the roads and trails barefoot or in sandals. (Absolutely no evidence that they ever used boots or trail runners)

++ There are written references of them spending some "Zero Days" in trail towns. In town, they often hung out with people who were considered the outcasts of society. (Hiker trash?)

++They went to several big feasts and dinners when visiting trail towns (All You Can Eat buffets?)

++No evidence that he ever brought a dog with him on the trail (either with--or without--a leash).

++Apparently hiked with a wooden staff--not Leki trekking poles.

++Left a pretty cool Trail Journal (see also: Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke or John)

++ Some evidence that they may have had "trail names". Simon became "Peter" (Peter is a word which means (SGT?) "Rock"). Thomas was called "The Twin". James and John were "The Sons of Thunder".
    ++ Didn't treat or filter his water, just turned it into wine. (I wanna hike with this guy!)

++ Didn't have to wait for the boat to cross the Kennebec, just continued to hike straight across!

++ With a minimal amount of bread & fish, created his own large-scale Hiker Feed! (How's that for some Trail Magic?)
    "Katahdin barada nikto."

Journal Entries

I sure do! .....
    ++Apparently hiked with a wooden staff--not Leki trekking poles....
    It's nice to be reminded that I'm following at least one of the ways of a great teacher, leader, and thinker.

Please note: With my previous post, I was by no means trying to preach religion at anyone or convert anyone. (That is not my style). If it offended you, that was not my intent.

I was merely responding to someone else's Jesus reference. I then proceded to note some parallels between the fairly well-published literary story of a historical and/or literary character named "Jesus" and hiking on the AT. I could have just as easily done a similar comparrison with the character named Captain James T. Kirk from Star Trek--or even Santa Claus.

I am truly sorry if other people may have offended you in the past by trying to hammer you over the head with religion or by trying to convert you. I AM NOT THAT PERSON. (Frankly, I don't even like being around those persons!)

Final Note: I always find it rather interesting that some people automatically assume that someone else is trying to convert them or preach at them whenever there is a reference to religion, Jesus, or the Bible. Conversely, very few people automatically assume that someone is trying to convert them into being a football fan if a reference is made to Brett Favre, the Minnesota Vikings, or Monday Night Football!
    "A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world." - Paul Dudley White

Please note: With my previous post, I was by no means trying to preach religion at anyone or convert anyone. (That is not my style). If it offended you, that was not my intent.

I was merely responding to someone else's Jesus reference. I then proceded to note some parallels between the fairly well-published literary story of a historical and/or literary character named "Jesus" and hiking on the AT. I could have just as easily done a similar comparrison with the character named Captain James T. Kirk from Star Trek--or even Santa Claus.

I am truly sorry if other people may have offended you in the past by trying to hammer you over the head with religion or by trying to convert you. I AM NOT THAT PERSON. (Frankly, I don't even like being around those persons!)

Final Note: I always find it rather interesting that some people automatically assume that someone else is trying to convert them or preach at them whenever there is a reference to religion, Jesus, or the Bible. Conversely, very few people automatically assume that someone is trying to convert them into being a football fan if a reference is made to Brett Favre, the Minnesota Vikings, or Monday Night Football!
    prain4u, i absolutely loved your other post! it was funny and wasn't pushing your religion on anybody. that being said, this one sucks. quit explaining yourself to a bunch of tards. that is what is wrong with this planet. buncha babies needing to be petted and cossetted (that's right i said cossetted) when they're fragile little esteems get stepped on. tough love, baby. tough love. that is what is needed. i'm gonna preach religion to them the next time we're out. in tongues. just because i can. and i ain't gonna apologize either.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    prain4u, i absolutely loved your other post! it was funny and wasn't pushing your religion on anybody. that being said, this one sucks. quit explaining yourself to a bunch of tards. that is what is wrong with this planet. buncha babies needing to be petted and cossetted (that's right i said cossetted) when they're fragile little esteems get stepped on. tough love, baby. tough love. that is what is needed. i'm gonna preach religion to them the next time we're out. in tongues. just because i can. and i ain't gonna apologize either.
    Wow. Can you really talk in tongues? I've been struggling for years just to be understood in the American version of English. None of my editors -- come to think of it, not even on White Blaze -- thought I had suceeded very often, but an occasional reader seems to have understood.

Weary

Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    Wow. Can you really talk in tongues? I've been struggling for years just to be understood in the American version of English. None of my editors -- come to think of it, not even on White Blaze -- thought I had suceeded very often, but an occasional reader seems to have understood.

Weary
    hehe Kanga talks in tongues........someone else take this one...I just cant bring myself to do it

Images

seriously.... wrong place to address that one.

No Warrghy!! Don't even think about it! . . .

Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    It's nice to be reminded that I'm following at least one of the ways of a great teacher, leader, and thinker.
    You're following Jack?

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    You're following Jack?
    As I said, my mutterings are often misunderstood.

I have had no annoying experiences hiking.

Oh yeah, I remember, I hike solo.

These is one annoying thing: abandoned trash, usually expensive hiker food packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie View Post
    I have had no annoying experiences hiking.

There is one annoying thing: abandoned trash, usually expensive hiker food packaging.
    Hmmm. . .

Images

which is it.... did you or didn't you?

I can't believe that anyone could forget that they hike solo.
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Ok, One thing that DOES annoy me, I'm sitting in the shelter, MINDING MY OWN BUSINESS, (have to capitalize that so someone doesn't misread it.), reading my bible, QUIETLY,, when some one asks, "What are you reading??"

I say, "My bible"..

he says, "Man, another hiker trying to convert me.."

"Man, I am just sitting here reading my bible, for Christs sake, I didn't say a word to you..."

Those are the religeous fanatics that annoy me, The ones that think every one is trying to convert them when no one even says a word to them...

If you don't want to discus religieon here is what you do,

1. Don't ask.
    2. Don't put down Christ in front of a believer..You do that, you are asking for it..
    3. A believer has every right to talk a bout Christ just as you have every right to critisize Christ, So if you can't take it, DON'T DISH IT!!..

Be positive Jon Spartan, It can't be all that bad...
    "So what if theres a mountain, get over it!!!" - Graywolf, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Graywolf View Post
    Ok, One thing that DOES annoy me, I'm sitting in the shelter, MINDING MY OWN BUSINESS, (have to capitalize that so someone doesn't misread it.), reading my bible, QUIETLY,, when some one asks, "What are you reading??"

I say, "My bible"..

he says, "Man, another hiker trying to convert me.."

"Man, I am just sitting here reading my bible, for Christs sake, I didn't say a word to you..."

Jesus Christ. . . .

oy vey

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++