WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Tecumseh Trail in Indiana

I grew up with this trail in my backyard and have never hiked it. My friend and I would like to backpack the whole 42 miles in 3 days. We are average hikers...not too fast but not too slow...judging by the terrain of the area (I've hiked most other trails in Brown County) the hike shouldn't be too difficult. Is it too much to ask to do this in 3 days?

Quote Originally Posted by jorhawle View Post
    I grew up with this trail in my backyard and have never hiked it. My friend and I would like to backpack the whole 42 miles in 3 days. We are average hikers...not too fast but not too slow...judging by the terrain of the area (I've hiked most other trails in Brown County) the hike shouldn't be too difficult. Is it too much to ask to do this in 3 days?
    Do you mean the Knobstone Trail? It's a fairly rugged trail but is doable in 3 days.
    "If you don't know where you're going...any road will get you there."
    "He who's not busy living is busy dying"

Default Tecumseh Trail

Bulldog49..... he is talking about the Tecumseh Trail, it is north of the Knobstone trail, I believe there are some plans in the works to connect the two.

I have not walked it all, just parts in the Yellowwood State Forest, but it sure seems like you could walk it in three days. Although it might make a few long days.

Images

I have hiked the upper 2/3 of the trail. It is an easy 3 day hike to do the whole trail. It's a nice trail, but just like many trails in Indiana now, logging activity has trashed at least one section in Yellowwood State Forest.

PM me if you want more information. I could probably also help with a shuttle if you need it.

Big Mac
    It's a great day to be alive !

Default BC hikin

I am interested in this as well. I live in Columbus and just started doing the Knobstone. Went to high school at BC and have some friends around there.

Let us know how it goes! I just saw on the HHC site some guy did the Tecumseh thru the KT (including the non-established middle section).

++ New Posts ++