WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
    Journal Entries
    Images

Default 5X Thru

[
    I care a lot. That's why I make it a point to appear in as many trail movies as possible. But most thru-hikers I know don't care all that much what other people think. If it were otherwise, they'd listen to their friends and family who think they're nuts, and stay home.[/QUOTE]

Jesters quote just about says it all.
    Grampie-N->2001

Quote Originally Posted by ARambler View Post
    I don't really care who you thought was "BS'ing", just wondered if LW would take it personally. but nooo, it was ...

...neither Jack or LW. It was 2 people who may have well hiked 5 times but have been caught giving themselves credit for more than they have done. Nothing more. Gives reason to wonder what is real and what is make believe. I don't believe everything politians say either, for the same reason.

You seem to get it. Did you figure it out here on WB?
    Rambler
    Again I'm a bit confused. It appears to me as common sense. Something I was raised with. My parents have never been on WB so I'm thinking they may have figured it out on another website, lol!

No GB, not you, though I'm pretty sure you be amazing. Thought that one was pretty transparent. I was refering to the same person as Jack, who has done an amazing amount of dayhiking and tends to take EVERY opportunity to share his resume. Its a I'm more pure than you battle that has raged for years here on our beloved WB. Most tire from it I guess but I still get a kick out of it.

Foxtrot is another hiker who may be in that 5+ group.

Quote Originally Posted by Grampie View Post
    [
    I care a lot. That's why I make it a point to appear in as many trail movies as possible. But most thru-hikers I know don't care all that much what other people think. If it were otherwise, they'd listen to their friends and family who think they're nuts, and stay home.
    Jesters quote just about says it all.[/QUOTE]

It's important to note that only in one of the movies does Jester "appear" to have been hiking.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunder View Post
    Jesters quote just about says it all.
    It's important to note that only in one of the movies does Jester "appear" to have been hiking.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and for the record, it just seems that, considering the circumstances, I must be hiking, but I still have a 100% success rate of not being captured on film actually hiking.

Tragically, that streak will most likely come to an end in April.
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    blah
    And as for the utter vulgarity of posting my hiking resume publicly, like in hiker registers, or makinga point of my present accumulated mileage, well, no, like virtually every other hiker, I quite rightly assumed nobody cared about such things. Were I to post or publicly talk about such things, I'd expect this to be treated with scorn.
    blah
    you, sirrah, are correct.

oh, and uhh..

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    I hope this subject is closed. Anyone wishing to discuss this matter further is welcomed, in fact is MORE than welcomed to do it personally, rather than here.
    nah, i'll do it here. it's more fun for everybody that way.
    Last edited by Alligator; 01-08-2010 at 00:56. Reason: Looks like the blah key was stuck.

Agreed. . . I don't think there's many here who want to be told what's what by anybody, regardless of their whiteknuckled grip on their imaginary pulpit . . .

Images

I only met Roy once, and I think he was just one very cool, humble person. Knew tons about the trail, nature and so on.... my bro and I talked to him for hours and hours, fascinated by his seemingly endless knowledge of the AT. We talked about places I had personally been dozens of times, geographically in my backyard and he knew all about it and much more than I...

and yet I had no idea he had thru hiked so many times.....he never mentioned it....

cuz he didn't feel the need to tell everyone he came in contact with I suppose....

Professional Delivery Boy Emeritus Belew's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jhick View Post
    I only met Roy once, and I think he was just one very cool, humble person. Knew tons about the trail, nature and so on.... my bro and I talked to him for hours and hours, fascinated by his seemingly endless knowledge of the AT. We talked about places I had personally been dozens of times, geographically in my backyard and he knew all about it and much more than I...

and yet I had no idea he had thru hiked so many times.....he never mentioned it....

cuz he didn't feel the need to tell everyone he came in contact with I suppose....
    I know Roy. He's a real nice and interesting guy. I never thought about it until now but we've never even talked about backpacking. We always seem to talk about gardening.

Occasionally lucid

I hiked with Roy, BD and Lone Wolf (I believe) from DWG to Cornwall Bridge in '86. It must have been Roy's first thru-hike. Had no idea he completed additional thrus.
    GA -> ME
    '86 -> '89

Quote Originally Posted by Hikemor View Post
    I hiked with Roy, BD and Lone Wolf (I believe) from DWG to Cornwall Bridge in '86. It must have been Roy's first thru-hike. Had no idea he completed additional thrus.
    shhhhh. you're not supposed to have experience as a newbie as it detracts from our ability to tell you how much better we are than you. you wait a few years, you whippersnapper, and then you come back and post once you've gotten used to your soapbox. quietly suffer..dammit. see lw for details.
    Last edited by kanga; 01-08-2010 at 00:42. Reason: newbit is not a word

Occasionally lucid

Yeah, I've lurked here for a while. Never had a thread that hit so close to home as this one.
    GA -> ME
    '86 -> '89

Yeah, I've lurked here for a while. Never had a thread that hit so close to home as this one.
    Why has this particular thread "hit home"? For me this thread has been a bit of a let down.......

Lurked for awhile? You joined what 2 days ago?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    You can lurk, i.e., read threads, to your heart's content on Whiteblaze without joining. Only when you want to post something do you have to sign up.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Images

Quote Originally Posted by brotheral View Post
    This is going No-where !! I humbly request that this thread be laid to rest !!
    Wahhhh!!! Waaaaahhhh!!!!!!!
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

Why has this particular thread "hit home"? For me this thread has been a bit of a let down.......
    it hits home cuz he hiked with me and roy 23+ years ago
    lurking and joining are 2 different things

Quote Originally Posted by Toolshed View Post
    Wahhhh!!! Waaaaahhhh!!!!!!!
    Great avatar by the way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
    You can lurk, i.e., read threads, to your heart's content on Whiteblaze without joining. Only when you want to post something do you have to sign up.
    Gotcha, forgot there is lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    it hits home cuz he hiked with me and roy 23+ years ago
    lurking and joining are 2 different things
    Dang Wolf who havent you hiked with?

Images

Yeah, some of us (and this group includes me) can't read without responding.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++