WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: PA Ruck 2010

Images

Quote Originally Posted by StarLyte View Post
    Non resident is $37 per night, resident $25.
    Am I correct in assuming that that is not a per person price, that is a per group price?

Panzer

you guys need me. i can fix all this. im matthewski and what i say happens. im changeing everything down to marshas sox.she will dawn red sox and leave the blue home. thank you. also:
    im moveing the pa ruck to port clintons church owned pavillion so we can drink at the bar and safely sleep by the noise of 61. a pinnicle hike could be fun. and their is a chimny fireplace and a pump.also their is an outhouse. and trips to cabellas a mile away to discuss animals could be fun. and bag o tricks cabin could be fun. and all in all, were moveing the ruck. i have spoken. do not anger me.
    matthewski

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    you guys need me. i can fix all this. im matthewski and what i say happens. im changeing everything down to marshas sox.she will dawn red sox and leave the blue home. thank you. also:
    im moveing the pa ruck to port clintons church owned pavillion so we can drink at the bar and safely sleep by the noise of 61. a pinnicle hike could be fun. and their is a chimny fireplace and a pump.also their is an outhouse. and trips to cabellas a mile away to discuss animals could be fun. and bag o tricks cabin could be fun. and all in all, were moveing the ruck. i have spoken. do not anger me.
    holy smokes, this is almost legible...

Images

I not sure if you can stay at the pavilion if you have car support?? Does anyone know for sure.

Panzer

Journal Entries

Will be there, hiking in From North.

Last time I was at that pavillion you were there!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by takethisbread View Post
    Will be there, hiking in From North.
    Same plan just working out the last details for me to run away for a while and not get calls every few hours. I will either bring or mail my Hammock in so that it can be there for the tent /Hammock session. I'll be in touch regarding the potluck.

attention: all ruck attendees will now be required to dress like matthewski.
    recomended wear is :

dreadlocks
    dirty ripped hiker clothes
    pockets full of candy.

that is all
    matthewski

Images

attention: all ruck attendees will now be required to dress like matthewski.
    recomended wear is :

dreadlocks
    dirty ripped hiker clothes
    pockets full of candy.

that is all
    I like Candy. It's my favorite. I like it almost as much as smiling.

Do glue on dreadlocks count? I am a bit hair challenged.

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Wink

Maybe (if it's not going to be TOO cold) I'll sleep in the "Camobile", my steel "tent"...
    Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform

technicly word boy, their is no such thing as a steel car. not a tent. your name aint cammo.and you will be passed out not asleep. also,.....to cold is a made up term.just keepin it real. dream on.
    matthewski

Images

Are southerners with a slight drawl invited to this shindig ?
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybgood View Post
    Are southerners with a slight drawl invited to this shindig ?
    Just be warned the iced tea may not be Sweet. Have you ever had Scrappel?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ARambler View Post
    These guys were with me at Wesser Bald shelter in early April. Their web site is no longer active. They had just done a long bike ride and river ride. I was just out for one night, and hadn't done a thru.

Rambler
    Hey Rambler - yes, they had a long bike ride prior to their hike. They were shocked when they met all of us there.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer1 View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that that is not a per person price, that is a per group price?

Panzer
    I'm going to verify this again with the State Park system. It does seem a little steep. Hmmm

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch2014 View Post
    Just be warned the iced tea may not be Sweet. Have you ever had Scrappel?
    That's funny.

No one ever drank ice tea there unless they brought a can in. It's definitely a southern thang.

No one ever cooked scrapple either. Anyone that arrives on Thursday or Friday mornings usually drives into Carlisle with us to have breakfast Friday morning at the Carlisle Diner over on W. High/Route 11, where they proudly serve scrapple. I had a bite.....once

We also like butter, salt & pepper in our grits.

BTW, I'm cooking some southern dishes this year: black eyed-peas with ham hocks and cornbread, and deep fried apple fritters which I'll glaze after they cool a bit. Not to mention other things, which I won't mention thank you.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by StarLyte View Post
    That's funny.

No one ever drank ice tea there unless they brought a can in. It's definitely a southern thang.

No one ever cooked scrapple either. Anyone that arrives on Thursday or Friday mornings usually drives into Carlisle with us to have breakfast Friday morning at the Carlisle Diner over on W. High/Route 11, where they proudly serve scrapple. I had a bite.....once

We also like butter, salt & pepper in our grits.

BTW, I'm cooking some southern dishes this year: black eyed-peas with ham hocks and cornbread, and deep fried apple fritters which I'll glaze after they cool a bit. Not to mention other things, which I won't mention thank you.
    I see you are from Cleveland and not Cincinnati so I guess I don't have to worry about Skyline Chili.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch2014 View Post
    I see you are from Cleveland and not Cincinnati so I guess I don't have to worry about Skyline Chili.
    We have Skyline Chili restaurants here and we love it! You can even buy it in the frozen food section. I only eat it at the restaurants because they pile it on pasta with finely shredded cheese. The experience is great: crackers, TV, hot sauce.

For those who can't make it, or those un-interested in the prospect of 37-dollar campsites () or sleeping outside, there will be another hiker get-together in Pennsylvania, just a few weeks after this one, in Duncannon PA.

Details to follow in a few weeks.

But to all PA Ruck attendees, have a great time!!

Images

DCNR's website says that the campground is closed until april... Does anybody know anything about this?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++