WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

PETER'S MT. SHELTER RE-ASSEMBLED INSIDE A. T. MUSEUM

The Peter's Mt. Shelter, which was one of a few Earl Shaffer buildt himself, has been re-assenbled inside the Museum . A TERRIFIC article with pic appeared yesterday in the "Harrisburg Patriot News" ~~ check out the attachment with this post : )
    ~ Robert"Red Wolf o'da Smoky's" Croyle
    A. T. Museum, membership secretary / ALDHA board member

GRAND OPENING SCEDULE OF EVENTS ~~ A. T. MUSEUM

Here is an attachment news release that just came out with the recent up-dated " SCHEDULE OF EVENTS " for the Museum's opening Saturday, June 5 ! It also includes other pertinent info re. the Appalachian Trail Museum . ALSO, since the GRAND OPENING FUND is still accepting donations ( ALL THE WAY UNTIL THE END OF 2010 ! ~ deadline = Dec. 31, 2010 to be listed on the permanent DONORS FUND plaque which will hang in the Museum * * * * * THERE'S STILL TIME FOR NEW AND DONATION-LEVEL UPGRADES ), I've included also a donors application form in another attachment to this post .

SEE YAH THERE NEXT WEEK ! ~ HAPPY TRAILS !

~ Robert Croyle aka " Red Wolf o'da Smoky's "
    Appalachian Trail Museum, membership secretary
    Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association ( ALDHA ), board member

APPALACIAN TRAIL MUSEUM ~~ GENERAL INFO NEWS RELEASE

Thought you might like to see this news release that also went out recently. ~~ RW

"Without them we perish." eArThworm's Avatar
    Images

Default Larry Luxenberg on YouTube

YouTube video of Larry Luxenberg talking about the A.T. Museum
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOij9pcV5-s

NEWS RELEASES ( LATEST )

Earthworm, thanks for the excellent video !

Here are the latest news releases in these attachments.

I leave tomorrow ( Wed. ) for PA and the A.T. Museum's Grand Opening !

SEE YOU THERE ! ~ HAPPY TRAILS !

Robert Croyle "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's"

"Without them we perish." eArThworm's Avatar
    Images

Default Another video

Here's a news video about the museum opening, from WHTM-TV in Harrisburg, PA:

http://cfc.whtm.com/videoondemand.cfm?id=66323

Images

Default Camping Question

where is everyone camping? Are we staying in the group camp site or are we getting individual sites?

Panzer

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer1 View Post
    where is everyone camping? Are we staying in the group camp site or are we getting individual sites?

Panzer
    The group camp site is designated for anyone coming to Pine Grove for the opening. Money to be collected by AT Museum, not the Park Service. Cheaper!

Go to Youtube to view my interview video with Larry Luxemburg on Thursday at Pine Grove Furnace State Park. The quality is not the best because I had to use my back-up camera because my good camera was out of juice. I hope you like it. I asked Larry questions that the reporters have not. Lots of volunteers at the Museum today. It literally will go to the wire to be ready for the grand opening.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I7zUUtsewo

. WOW ! ! ! - " OOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ! ! !

I am at a lose for words after this FANTASTIC DAY. - such a gathering of THE FACES of the Appalachian Trail for the opening of our museum was not missed by thue national news or many, many newspaper reporters. I promise to say more after some time to " come back down to earth " and digest all that we participated in this day at the A. T. Museum's opening .

Let me say this : Even as the A. T. Itself was the product of hundreds of volunteers, so has it's museum come to be in that same way - by hundreds of volunteers . MAY IT BE THAT, AS LONG AS THERE IS THE A. T., THERE WILL BE THE A. T. Museum .

HAPPY TRAILS DEAR FRIENDS !
    Robert Croyle "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's"
    A. T. Museum, member ship secretary / ALDHA board member

It was a wonderful day. Thank all who made it possible.

Smile Alright !!!

I think a lot of folks are similarly happy, now that the museum is a reality. Although, maybe not as happy as yourself, and those who have worked hard and long to see the "dream" realized.

Congratulations, and Thank You!, to all who contributed. While not able to make it down for the opening, I will be sure to drop in the next time I'm in the area.

Maybe someone could post some pictures of today's events, when they get a chance.

CG

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Goose View Post
    I think a lot of folks are similarly happy, now that the museum is a reality. Although, maybe not as happy as yourself, and those who have worked hard and long to see the "dream" realized.

Congratulations, and Thank You!, to all who contributed. While not able to make it down for the opening, I will be sure to drop in the next time I'm in the area.

Maybe someone could post some pictures of today's events, when they get a chance.

CG
    I did here;

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/brow...imageuser=1880

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62650
    A Fact Of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says;

W T F...............

KB3SYZ
    -.- -... ...-- ... -.-- --..

http://shakeyleggs.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Goose View Post

CG
    I took a lot of pics and video of the event. Need to take car of my Avon business first and then will post some. I will also be creating a video of the highlights of all the video I took. Watch for it in a few weeks.

This is a panoramic of the crowd in attendance at the Grand Opening Ceremony. The totals in attendance have been determined by the Appalachian Trail Museum Society to be 750 in attendance for the event and 500+ visitors to the Museum. And quoting Bill O'Brien in remarks at the Opening Ceremony, the original estimated cost of the museum was $525,000. Because of the countless volunteer hours, equipment and tools we barely cracked $50,000.

I use the word "we" because every member of the Appalachian Trail Museum Society is important to the goal of accomplishing the museum opening. From Larry Luxemburg, the Societies President and founder of the idea, to all the officers, to the persons involved since it's inception 12 years ago, to the volunteers that helped in the last 72 hours sprint to getting the building ready, to the volunteers that did the garden beds outside the museum, to the donators of artifacts for the museum, to the trail clubs who participated in the event,to the docents volunteering their time as greeters at the museum and those members who join the museum society for a mere $20.00, all are important to the success.

But keeping the museum open and alive, is an ongoing process which will require continual funds acquired by donations, volunteer hours, specialty services and continued annual membership dues. In the words of Terry Wilson, Vice President of the Museum Society, Saturday was the wedding. Now we have to work on the marriage!

From attendance at the AT Museum Society Meeting on Sunday, I gather the museum's priority needs right now are to acquire a place that can be used to store all the artifacts that are being donated; determining a program chairman and committee; and updating the web site and determining a web site master and designer.

You can go to http://www.atmuseum.org to make a donation and join the Museum Society. To volunteer as a greeter at the museum you can email Margy Schmidt at [email protected]

Just got back from Pine Grove. What a wonderful weekend!

Thanx much to Larry Luxemburg and all the other volunteers who spent YEARS making this happen.

The building housing the Museum has been painstakingly brought back to life; the opening exhibits are great. Everyone associated with the A.T. Museum should be very proud, and anyone who expressed doubts over this project, especially as far as doubts about the rural PA location (and this includes me, by the way!) need to eat some crow.

Opening day was perfect and the Museum is a gem.

Congrats all around to the many folks who made this happen!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post

Thanx much to Larry Luxemburg and all the other volunteers who spent YEARS making this happen.

The building housing the Museum has been painstakingly brought back to life; the opening exhibits are great. Everyone associated with the A.T. Museum should be very proud, and anyone who expressed doubts over this project, especially as far as doubts about the rural PA location (and this includes me, by the way!) need to eat some crow.

Jack, thankyou for your congrats and your help with the Museum too.
    ~ Red Wolf aka robert croyle

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post

Jack, thankyou for the congrats and for your help with the Museum too !
    ~ Robert Croyle "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's"

What a weekend! The weather was perfect and the museum is first class!! I got there a couple of days early- hoping to lend a hand. I'm not sure I've ever felt so much gratitude.

So many people have done so much, mostly behind the scenes- to make this a reality. I think everyone is proud of the results. Now someone needs to start carving a bust of the next person who belongs in there- Larry Luxenburg!

Quote Originally Posted by Nean View Post
    What a weekend! The weather was perfect and the museum is first class!! I got there a couple of days early- hoping to lend a hand. I'm not sure I've ever felt so much gratitude.

So many people have done so much, mostly behind the scenes- to make this a reality. I think everyone is proud of the results. Now someone needs to start carving a bust of the next person who belongs in there- Larry Luxenburg!
    Here! Here! I totally agree, Let it be!

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++