WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

TRAIL DAYS T-SHIRTS CELEBRATE THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL MUSEUM

Thought I'd pass along this pic from the TDays webmaster .

~RW

ps: BE SURE TO GET BY THE ALDHA Hiker Reception, Friday May 14 from 11am until .....Otto's presentation "ALL ABOUT ALDHA" : )
    ~~all refreshment donations should come by the Rock School at 10am
    ~~any one that wants to volunteer help show up at Rock School at 9:30am
    ~~DOORS OPEN for the ALDHA HIKER RECEPTION AT 11 AM ~~ALL WELCOME~~
    ~RW

Quote Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
    NOTICE ~~ ALL THRU-HIKERS ~~

Here is the latest news release AND "THRU-HIKERS" are the FOCUS ~O O~ ! ! !
    Robert"RW" Croyle
    A. T. Museum, membership secretary / ALDHA board member

This application form attachment might be handy for someone : )
    ~~Robert"Red Wolf"

LATEST NEWS RELEASE RE. MUSEUM

This is from a local newspaper in the area of the A. T. Museum , Pine Grove Furnace State Park, PA . ~~interesting in that it mentions Earl's high school ( Earl Shaffer was the first thru-hiker of the AT, circa 1948 ! ).
    ~ Robert"RW" Croyle

Images

No about about 1948.

Some aren't aware Myron Avery was the 1st 2000 miler, more than 10 years earlier.

YES, and we have one of Avery's measuring wheels in the Museum exhibit at ATC Harpers Ferry ( he used it to measure as he marked the AT ) and Benton's hat !
    ~ RW

MORE PLANS FOR THE MUSEUM'S GRAND OPENING ! ! ! ~~~ FREE ORGANIZED GROUP HIKES

See the attachment for the details :

PS: ALDHA's Hiker Reception, Fri. May 5 at Trail Days Festival still seeks
    donations of volunteer work, food snacks, and cash ~~go to the festival's website for details www.traildays.us & click on " Schedule " & find the Friday entry at 9:30 am thru 3pm.
    ~ Robert"RW"

HELP ~~ CONSTRUCTION LABORERS NEEDED BY MUSEUM THIS SATURDAY

The president of the A. T. Museum asked me today to post a CALL FOR CONSTRUCTION HELP THIS SATURDAY at the Museum (Pine Grove Furnace State Park, PA ~~near Carlisle east of I-81).

EXPERIENCED WORKERS IN SHEET ROCK are ESPECIALLY NEEDED * * * * *

IF U can help, either just show up at the Museum or contact Larry Luxenberg, President at [email protected]

~~Robert Croyle "Red Wolf"
    A. T. Museum, membership secretary

ps: here are two recent news articles of some interest I hope ~RW

LEAVING FOR TRAIL DAYS !

I'll be off-line ("on-the-prowl") until I get to Damascus foer Trail Days this Wednesday ~~will return Thursday or ASAP : )
    ~~Red Wolf o'da Smoky's

Quote Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
    LEAVING FOR TRAIL DAYS !

I'll be off-line ("on-the-prowl") until I get to Damascus foer Trail Days this Wednesday ~~will return Thursday or ASAP : )
    ~~Red Wolf o'da Smoky's
    Have a great time!
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

I've made plans to attend the grand opening- on my 50th b-day.

See yall at Trail Days!

SHEET ROCK AT MILL RENOVATION AS MUSEUM

Larry Luxenberg, Museum President, told me that the sheet rock work
    was ALL DONE by a combination of a number of fine volunteers ! ~~GOOD JOB GUYS ! ! !

Of particular focus in the new museum will be the Earl Shaffer shelter (saved from Peter's Mt. last summer !) ~~in fact, it will be a featured exhibit ( with grant monies to enhance its' presentation with audio ! ).
    See the attachment for more info please.

~Robert "Red Wolf" Croyle / A.T. Museum, membership secretary

ps: got into the "BIG D" this am at 11 ! ~~hit the ground running to get all the details (or at least a lot of them) completed in prep for our
    Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association's Hiker Reception ~~see Friday May 14, 9:30 thru 3pm for more details at www.traildays.us

MUSEUM TABLE AT ALDHA HIKER RECEPTION * * * * *

Lots will be happening at the Museum table at the ALDHA Hiker Reception.
    The digital pics of thru-hikers from the A.T.C. file photos taken on the porch of the A.T.C. Headquartwers/Harpers Ferry will be available to see with the help of the A.T. Museum Vice-president, Theresa Harley-Wilson !
    ~~check out your pic from years ago and/or those of friends : )

The opportunities for Museum membership, participation in the Grand Opening's Hike-2-History, and your listing on the perpetual brass plaque at the Museum itself will be available via the appropriate forms at this table.
    IT"S NOT TOO LATE YET ~~ BUT WILL BE VERY SOON ~~ DO NOT MISS THE OPPORTUNITY

ALDHA HIKER RECEPTION ~~ TRAIL DAYS 2010 ~~FRIDAY MAY 14 ~~ROCK SCHOOL ~~11AM to 12PM & WITH MORE TIME TO LINGER

ALDHA members, this is our reception, please bring snack food donations to the Rock School at 10 AM ~~VOLUNTEER WORKERS show up at 9:30 for organization and name tags

Robert Croyle
    ALDHA board member / A.T. Museum, membership secretary

CHARTER MEMBER PLAQUE

The Museum's Charter Member Plaque and the tempory Building Fund Donors Poster were placed in the window of Mt. Rogers Outfitters yesterday for veiwing ~they will be moved to the Museum table in the park Thursday.
    CHECK'EM OUT ~O O~ .....LOOK TERRIFIC ! ! !

DONOR'S PLAQUE STILL HAS ROOM FOR YOU

There is still time for you to be listed (and with your trail name) PERMANENTLY on the Appalachian Trail Museum by your inclusion on this Building Fund Donor's Plaque .
    Either get hold of an Building Fund donation form at any of 3 Museum tables at Trail Days 2010 , catch up with me (Red Wolf), or go to www.atmuseum.org ! ! !

THERE WILL BE A CLOSING DATE FOR INCLUSION * * * * *

~Robert"Red Wolf o'da Smoky's" Croyle
    A. T. Museum, membership secretary

APPALACHIAN TRAIL MUSEUM RAFFLE PLANNED FOR TRAIL DAYS 2010

Once again a raffle to benefit the Museum is in the works for Trail Days !
    This will be the third one in as many years at this festival ~~always a good money maker for our Museum's building fund . Usual prices for tickets will apply, that is as follows: $1 for one ticket
    $5 for 7 tickets
    $10 for 13 tickets
    $20 for 30 tickets
    Of course, we hope there will be LOTS & LOTS of $20 spenders ! ! ! : )

Seriously, MANY THANKS to everyone who buys one. ~~Red Wolf

ps: they will be for sale in the tent in the park and at the Museum table at the ALDHA Hiker Reception ~RW

DEADLINE of MAY 15th. LOOMS ! ! !

The date of May 15 is the last day to register for the Hike2History at the Museum's Grand Opening June 5 for the application price of $25 ! ~~after that date and UNTIL May 28 the application price will be $30 .

SEE ~O O~ the attachment below for details.

~~Red Wolf

RECENT NEWS ARTICLE * * * TirCities.com

The Trail Days Festival 2010 gets underway and IN THE NEWS !
    check out the attachment below:
    ~~Robert "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's"

Default Follow the link below for the latest news on the AT Museum Gran Opening weekend

Follow this link
    http://www.cvatclub.org/blog
    Early Bird 2007

NEWS RELEASE TODAY FROM MUSEUM PRESIDENT

Here are two posts from the Museum President and from the Museum media consultant, Joe Patterson.

NOTE INFO ABOUT THE BENIFITS FROM THE HIKE-2-HISTORY FOR ALL WHO PARTICIPATE !

~ Robert "Red Wolf" Croyle, membership secreatry

MUSEUM TABLE at ALDHA HIKER RECEPTION BIG HIT ! ! !

The digital pics were available at the Museum's table to a steady crowd of hikers ( older and young ) ~~ they go back all the way to 1979 ! The Museum's Vice-president and curator, Theresa Harley-Wilson organized the entire venue from seeking and getting a $30,000 grant from Burt's Bees through the entire process of scanning and digitizing all the pics she could find taken of hikers through ATC Headquaters, Harpers Ferry, through the years ! ~~ this venue is a fine example of what we at the Museum are trying to do . The Museum table helped make the Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association's Hiker Reception the SPLASH HIT is was with the hiker community last Friday at Trail Days 2010. ~~~~ see the attachment for a more detail report of the reception.

~ Robert Croyle "RW"

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++