WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

HISTORY ~ HIKES ~ ICE CREAM !
    JULY 10 / ALL WELCOME / FREE ICE CREAM !

Also : ~ NEWS ABOUT IRONMASTERS MANSION

~ MORE RE. MUSEUM'S GRAND OPENING

~ THE A.T. / PINE GROVE FURNACE / MUSEUM , A HUMAN-RELATIONS ARTICLE

(go to the attached links for "in depth" for each above)

Robert"RW"

A. T. MUSEUM ~ PHASE II DEVELOPEMENT ANNOUCEMENT ! ! !
    * * * * * JULY 1 NEWS RELEASE * * * * *

FROM THE DESK OF THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL MUSEUM PRESIDENT :

( see attachment )

SATURDAY JULY 10, 2010 ~ ~ SPECIAL ACTIVITY ATTRACTION AT A. T. MUSEUM !

Special activities are taking place this weekend at the A. T. Museum in Pine Grove Furnace State Park ! Here are two attachments re. them (click on below ~ )

RW

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    Actually Larry sent the best link in an email. Here it is. Look for the box that says how you can help and click vote

http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommun...eum-inc?ref=mf
    Again, Trail Angel Mary, thanks for this GOOD link ~ HEY ! , A T MUSEUM SUPPORTERS , FRIDAY'S (7/9/10 at 2pm) COUNT = 430 ! ! !
    WE ONLY NEED A FEW HUNDRED MORE ( ONLY LITTLE CONTEST TIME REMAINS ! )

VOTE NOW ~~ GET YOUR FRIENDS TO VOTE TOO
    PUT OUR APPALACHIAN TRAIL MUSEUM OVER THE TOP & WIN IT $20,000

~Robert Croyle "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's"

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
    Special activities are taking place this weekend at the A.T. Museum in Pine Grove Furnace State Park.
    It appears registration for all of the hikes except one is now closed.

http://appalachiantrail.eventbrite.com/

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/news/resource/res2010/10-0707-southmountaincli.aspx

POST GRAND OPENING NEWS ~ COUPLE OF NEWS RELEASES RECENTLY CAME IN ~~ INTERESTING ( ? )

Here are two news releases that recently came in, although they are a little dated, I think they are of interest .

Robert"RW"

"BAREFOOT SISTERS" TO SPEAK AT MUSEUM !

Lucy and Susan Letcher "The Barefoot Sisters" will speak at the A. T. Museum Sunday August 8 at 1:00 pm ! They are the authors of two trail books "SOUTHBOUND" and "WALKING HOME" . See attachment for the entire news release .

Robert"RW" Croyle

Harrisburg "Patriot" Museum Article + Other News Article + MUSEUM MEMBERSHIP FORM

Here are several new articles I came across .

In addition, here is a Museum Membership Form which one may print out and mail to the Museum ~ NOTE : ALL 2010 MEMBERSHIPSHIPS RECEIVE AN A. T. MUSEUM MERMBERSHIP CARD ! ! ! ( 1st. year they have been available ) ~ ALSO NOTE : ALL MEMBERSHIP DUES WILL COUNT AS PART OF ONE's LISTING ON THE DONOR FUND PLAQUE ( which will permanently hang in the Museum ! ~~ DEADLINE = DEC. 31,2010 ) .

Robert Croyle "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's"
    A. T. Museum, membership secretary
    ALDHA member-at-large

ALSO NOTE : ALL MEMBERSHIP DUES WILL COUNT AS PART OF ONE's LISTING ON THE DONOR FUND PLAQUE ( which will permanently hang in the Museum ! ~~ DEADLINE = DEC. 31,2010 ) .
    Can one get a membership from a 100$ donation?

Quote Originally Posted by Nean View Post
    Can one get a membership from a 100$ donation?
    Since we count ALL DONATIONS toward one's Donor Fund listing- level, a
    membership is included with all donations over the $20 membership dues .
    HOWEVER, if you did not fill out a membership form, I have no way to know to send you a membership card ~ therefore, if you donated and want an A. T. Museum membership card, simply send me a request for one and I'll check the treasurer's records and then send you one if your donation is recorded . My contact info is as follows :

Robert Croyle
    602 Pennsylvania Ave.
    Savannah, GA 31404

OR
    email address is [email protected]

NOTE : see these 2 attachments for both forms (member & Donor Fund plaque)

HAPPY TRAILS ! ~ Robert"Red Wolf o'da Smoky's" Croyle

MUSEUM VISITOR AMOUNT TO PASS 4,000 MARK ! ! !

In a letter today to the Museum Board, Larry Luxenberg, Museum President, notes the 4,000 visitation mark to the Museum is expected to be reached this weekend ! WOW ! ...an it's only been open since June 5 , not quite 2 months .

~Robert"RW"

ps: more from his letter later ~ RW

Default A letter & an invitation

RECENT LETTER & INVITATION FROM LARRY LUXENBERG, A. T. MUSEUM PRESIDENT

This week, Larry Luxenberg sent out the attached letter and forms to some new friends of the Appalachian Trail Museum . I wanted to pass them along to the wider Whiteblaze audience for their review and consideration (see the 3 attachments below for more info ) .

HAPPY TRAILS ! ~ SEE YOU AT RUTLAND,VT & THE LONG TRAIL FESTIVAL ? (hope so....it's SWEEEEET !) ~ www.rutlandlongtrailfestival.com

~Robert Croyle"RW"

RECENT LETTER & INVITATION FROM LARRY LUXENBERG, A. T. MUSEUM PRESIDENT

This week, Larry Luxenberg sent out the attached letter and forms to some new friends of the Appalachian Trail Museum . I wanted to pass them along to the wider Whiteblaze audience for their review and consideration (see the 3 attachments below for more info ) .

HAPPY TRAILS ! ~ SEE YOU AT RUTLAND,VT & THE LONG TRAIL FESTIVAL ? (hope so....it's SWEEEEET !) ~ www.rutlandlongtrailfestival.com

~Robert Croyle"RW"
    Here is a report I just made on the recent IV Annual Long Trail Festival .
    It was quite a BLAST ! I managed to answer a lot of questions about the A. T. Museum, its' opening, and it's mission and future plans while I was there at the festival registration tent . Hope to see many of those hikers again and you too at the October ALDHA Gathering ?

ALDHA, board member-at-large
    A. T. Museum, Membership Secretary

Thumbs up Museum gets grant

FIRST NEWS REPORT A. T MUSEUM GETS GRANT FOR HIKER COMMUNITY EXHIBIT ! ! !

I just got this news from Joe Patterson, the Museum's director, and have wasted no time passing it along to you . This Quimby Family Foundation grant has been in the works by our Vice President, Theresa Harley-Wilson, for some time now ~~ trully, a feather in her hat for some hard-work, "KUDOS, Terry ! "

It is very exciting in that the resulting exhibit will focus on the hiker culture and bonds developed as people thru-hike the Appalachian Trail . This exhibit will find a home when the Museum opens the 2nd. floor to exhits !

Also, I have another attachment to pass along to you ~~ a recent news article release of interest, I think .

A. T. Museum, Membership Secretary (see www.atmuseum.org )
    ALDHA board member (see www.aldha.org )

[QUOTE=Red Wolf;1042995] FIRST NEWS REPORT A. T MUSEUM GETS GRANT FOR HIKER COMMUNITY EXHIBIT ! ! !

I just got this news from Joe Patterson, the Museum's director, and have wasted no time passing it along to you . This Quimby Family Foundation grant has been in the works ...............

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

TODAY"S NEW REPORT ~~ The Associated Press ( AP ) has picked up the story of the Quimby Family Foundation grant to the Appalachian Trail Museum ! ! !

I have posted the AP article in an attachmnet , and have also , in another separate attachment , provided a Donor Fund application for anyone interested ~~ the Donor Fund plaque will be placed permanently in the Appalachian Trail Museum sometime in 2011 ( donation deadline is December 31, 2010 or the end of this year ~0 0~ ) . NOTE :
    as the donations levels begin at a $50 donation, anyone making that donation ($50) or at any other donation level will automatically generate an A. T. Museum membership for themselves and I will send them an Appalachian Trail Museum membership card ( 1st. year these have been offered ! ) .

~Robert Croyle "Red Wolf"
    A.T. Museum, Membership Secretary
    ALDHA board member-at-large

FALL FURNACE FEST at Pine GROVE FURNACE STATE PARK ~~~ OCTOBER 16 & 17 ( SAT. & SUN. )

NEWS RELEASE JUST POSTED IN LOCAL PAPERS ! ~0 0~ see attachment

Unhappy A. T. Museum loses a friend ~ Walk'in Jim Stotlz

James "Walk'in Jim" Stotlz ~ June 8, 1953 - September 3, 2010

The Appalachian Trail Museum has lost a good friend with the death of Walk'in Jim Stotlz . Many of you will remember the wonderful concert he freely did as a BENEFIT CONCERT to raise funds for the Museum . That was a real money maker for the Museum, with over $2,000 raised . Moreover, the entire hiker community across the country has lost a friend, a supporter of wilderness, and a musician with music made for the natural world .

More information can be found under the GENERAL FORUM here in Whiteblaze ( as of today, 2 pages of comments ) .

James "Walk'in Jim" Stotlz ~ June 8, 1953 - September 3, 2010

The Appalachian Trail Museum has lost a good friend with the death of Walk'in Jim Stotlz . Many of you will remember the wonderful concert he freely did as a BENEFIT CONCERT to raise funds for the Museum . That was a real money maker for the Museum, with over $2,000 raised . Moreover, the entire hiker community across the country has lost a friend, a supporter of wilderness, and a musician with music made for the natural world .

More information can be found under the GENERAL FORUM here in Whiteblaze ( as of today, 2 pages of comments ) .
    2 ATTACHMENTS ~ 1 is letter from Jim's former wife and 2nd. was posted by MaBudda

Thumbs up A Tribute Walk'in Jim Stotlz

sent to me by "Ragar", a hiker friend in Maine ~ just wanted to pass this along : (see attachment)

Smile Recent letter excerpts ~ Museum's President

EXCERPST FROM RECENT LETTER ~~ MUSEUM'S PRESIDENT

Larry Luxenberg recently wrote :

" I wanted to let everyone know about some plans for the fall and to congratulate everyone on a successful opening season. We passed the 6,000 visitor mark on Labor Day Weekend and by the time we close for the winter could exceed 7,000 visitors. More importantly, many visitors have offered praise for the Museum and found it moving.

Dozens of people have pitched in but I would be remiss in not singling out a few people. Most of those visitors came to the Museum because of Joe's [ Joseph Patterson, Communications Director ] success in spreading the word. The Museum has been open every hour it was supposed to be plus some additional time and it has run smoothly through Margy's [ Margy Schmidt, Volunteer Coordinator ] efforts. She has recruited and organized a dedicated group of volunteers. From my own experience I can tell you that it's very rewarding to be a docent but not as easy as I would have guessed. I'd also like to thank Jason for his exceptional cooperation and help. In addition, Terry [ Terry Harley-Wilson, A. T. Museum, Vice-president ] has again done a tremendous job in preparing a grant application for a traveling exhibit and as a result we were awarded a major grant from the Quimby Foundation [ makers of the Burt's Bees products like lip balm ].

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++