WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

The only difficulty is stopping too long, and getting started in the morning, assuming you don't lose the trail. Try to get that tent packed quick so you can get moving then you are fine. When it is around zero it gets tough and you may want to stay in the tent all day.

But when you have a moment when you think why am I doing this to myself-pay attention because very soon you will have a moment that makes you know all the trials are nothing compared to the beauty you will see/feel. Every day I had this happen to me when I hiked for 2 weeks in a big snow storm. Those moments I still remember 3 years later.

Images

Rock is rock on.
    Discover Kentucky's Long Tail. Join The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain, grow and preserve this national resource.

Anyone plan to start as early as late January early February? I don't do well in the heat, so just thinking about an early start.

I started in March last year and the snow and cold made the hike a lot more challenging than it should have been. April is better, particularly when it looks like we'll have another cold, snowy winter.

Images

Feb. is a good time to start if the heat of the summer is too much.
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

why start in january or february? cause. im there. and its fun to toy with the crowd.newbee women need to be looked over and divied up. lots of reasons. cause.
    matthewski

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++