WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Had a great time at The Gathering . . .

Just wanted to say thanks to all of the people who worked hard to put together a great Gathering.

It had an interesting, diverse program, the fire was fun, and everyone I knew had a great time. Thanks to my mom for the food, particularly all of the goodies at the fire Saturday night. And thanks to all of the hikers who attended -- I love getting to spend time with all of you.

And thanks to nature for clearing out the weather, giving me a spectacular sunset from Little Round Top, and dropping a meteor on Friday night that lit up the sky around midnight and freaked everyone out.
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

It was indeed a wonderful weekend and it was great to see so many folks.

Jester, tell your Mom, the apple cake was greatly appreciated; it made it back here to New Hampshire, was much admired by the folks I live with; and is probably being pillaged as I write this.

Which is what apple cakes are born for.

Images

...and dropping a meteor on Friday night that lit up the sky around midnight and freaked everyone out.
    Maybe it was a meteor but because of the dense cloud cover I would not swear to it.

Panzer

Jester, thanks to YOU for a great Battlefield hike. I humor myself that I know quite a bit about the Gburg battle, having toured the battlefield numerous times. You mentioned several things that I had never heard. Great Job!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester2000 View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks to all of the people who worked hard to put together a great Gathering.

It had an interesting, diverse program, the fire was fun, and everyone I knew had a great time. Thanks to my mom for the food, particularly all of the goodies at the fire Saturday night. And thanks to all of the hikers who attended -- I love getting to spend time with all of you.

And thanks to nature for clearing out the weather, giving me a spectacular sunset from Little Round Top, and dropping a meteor on Friday night that lit up the sky around midnight and freaked everyone out.
    Early Bird 2007

Thanks for the compliment! It was, as always, a bit too long, but I had fun. I feel like even if all we had done was walk to Little Round Top and back for the sunset it would have been worth it.

Storyteller
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jester2000 View Post
    Thanks for the compliment! It was, as always, a bit too long, but I had fun. I feel like even if all we had done was walk to Little Round Top and back for the sunset it would have been worth it.
    I didn't think it was too long at all. But then I was back at the campsite enjoying a beverage while you were doing that extra leg to the Corpse of Trees, etc.

As others have posted, it was an excellent hike and the guide was top notch.

As for that sunset, in case it was not seen when I posted it before, here is Jester in front of that sunset (and a bonus shot of a canon that shows off the sky as well)

Yes, the Gathering was a great way to spend the weekend, and the battlefield tour was great. Also those pictures are amazing, almost as good as seeing the sunset in person.

I enjoyed the Gathering - it seems to get better every year. Hats off to Bill O'Brien and all those who worked hard planning.

Images

It did not rain anywhere near as much as they had predicted. The weather was actually pretty good. Even though it rained a little on Friday night it was the warmest night. Sunday was a beautiful day at the camp and also good driving weather for the way home.

Panzer

I had a great time. anyone who missed the gathering missed out on a great weekend. It is alwalys great to see my hiking friends and meet a few new ones. can not wait for the PA ruck

Good fun.
    Beautiful campus,
    Good friends and lots of stories retold.
    Sorry i missed the night-hike.
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

Images

Twas fun for sure. Those things always rejunvinate my spirit, which is crushed daily living in NYC

The European bike/hike presentation, Bluebearee's Haute Route and Bob's Camino talk have definitely inspired me to head across the pond (supposing I find $1000 on the street in the next several months).

Great to meet new people, see old friends and hopefully i'll meet the rest of you next time.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

My first Gathering and it was incredible! I had such a good time and made about 200 new friends. I can't wait until next year.

geek

My first Gathering and it was incredible! I had such a good time and made about 200 new friends. I can't wait until next year.

geek

geek

geek

oops! don't know what happened there and can't seem to erase it.

geek

Well, it was incredible, so posting it that many times was appropriate. Loved Geek's Sunday Evening presentation. I've never been able to stay Sunday night before, so I've always missed Sunday's show. It was wonderful.

kicking around ideas for the next adventure 1Pint's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop Time View Post
    As for that sunset, in case it was not seen when I posted it before, here is Jester in front of that sunset (and a bonus shot of a canon that shows off the sky as well)

Hoop Time - Nice camera work! I tried to capture the sunset (but not Jester 'cause he's too squirrelly to capture) and I just couldn't get the colors to come out right. Yours came out awesome, thanks for sharing. It really was a stunning sunset that night.
    "It's not just a daydream if you decide to make it your life." Train

I really hate that I couldn't make it. Sounds like it was a good time. I ended up in the Red River Gorge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++