WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Al View Post
    I will try Asics Performance 2-in-1 short.
    Good luck. As I said, you have to go with what works for you. Some folks on this thread (and this site) have a tendency to try to tell you what you need. In the end, you'll figure out what you like the best.

Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    some one convince me to buy the Mt. Hardwear Kilt for $30 on line....so basically because of increased airflow chaffing decreases....from what ive been reading not going commando style in a kilt kinda reduces the effectivenesses of the kilt?
    yes, it would. then you would just look silly for no practical benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    some one convince me to buy the Mt. Hardwear Kilt for $30 on line....so basically because of increased airflow chaffing decreases....from what ive been reading not going commando style in a kilt kinda reduces the effectivenesses of the kilt?
    At the bottom edge of the kilt you'll see a snap that can provide a measure of modesty when you're worried about exposing yourself.
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Registered User lazy river road's Avatar

OOOHHH Jester I am not modest...it be hike naked day ever day if it were up to me...im gonna go buy the kilt...i fear that the new 2010 model ive been wanting by mt hardwear will be twice that much for just cargo pockets and the ruffel thing in the back which I forgot the proper name for

a.k.a "the vagabond" Diamond Diggs's Avatar
    Images

underarmor and bodyglide are wonder wokers

mountain hardwear canyon shorts!

Spandex shorts.

Another vote for compression shorts. Used them on my first thruhike, never a problem. They're also pretty light, so you can take enuf to have a clean set every other day

Quote Originally Posted by john gault View Post
    Are you sure it's your shorts?
    For me, it's not the shorts; it's my inner thighs rubbing together.
    Thats exactally my problem. We'll its only happened to me once but it was BAD and almost ruined a beautiful 5 day trip. Like an idiot I thought it might help to use alcohol wipes to help out.... boy was I wrong. Anyway, I got bodyglide (I think thats the name of it) now. I just put it up like 1/2 out of the tube and cut it straight off w/ a razor blade n put it in a small zip lock. Its worth its weight and its one thing I could never go on a trip without again.

BTW, I use EMS zip off pants. Light enough, comfortable and have held up great for me. Also has cargo pockets and vents on the side which is nice.
    Smile, Smile, Smile.... Mile after Mile

If they have lining, cut it out and see how that works for you. It helped greatly for me, although there is still rubbing of skin on skin, so body glide is the next best thing.

AFTCO blue water. Case closed.

Default If you're not going commando

I suffered from terrible chafing problems on the shortest of hikes. Tried the ex-officio boxer brief and found instant and lasting relief. They are expensive (I've managed to find them as "cheap" as $19/pair) but worth every cent.

Images

Another vote for bike shorts. Never had a problem. They're ultralight and dry quickly too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++