WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Bearpaw-"Naw, we just wouldn't know who 95% of the posters suddenly become. I mean, who in the world is Shawn Basil? Or Kaiser Sose? "
    Who is Keyser Soze? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Soze. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by john gault View Post
    I don’t know what the original intent of the PM function was, but to me it’s nothing more than another form of email. And much of what I receive in this email account is SPAM from other WB’ers.

Every time I say something that pisses someone off they feel as though they need to "set me straight". I’m sick of it and I don’t see one problem in publicly posting that SPAM.

My PM box has a function, don’t abuse it because you’re a little too thin-skinned.
    So you don't know the meaning of "private message" and decide that it is spam. Now that it is spam, it's ok to use it as a tool to humiliate or tattle tail on the person who sent it or otherwise void any trust, honor or respect affiliated with keeping a private matter private. All this on the decision that is made that the private message isn't really private, but spam.

And LW can make over 20,000 post and whine in agreement. I would think that after 20,000 post it might be reasonalble to assume that you are going to get some negative, goofy, etc. type pm's. Shouldn't mean you have to go on the "blabbermouth list".

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    Kickin Cats
    Writin Christmas Cards and
    Fingerpants. . .
    Fingerpants?!? How do I get in on this fingerpants action?

Hmmm. I read John Gault's post as a bit of a threat -- they aren't "private," so I'll post them if I feel like it. I could be wrong.

Every once in a while I'll send a PM to a member because I don't want that info out there for every single member to read, like the time I sent the phone number of the bank manager here in town to a member.

There are times when I'll send a private message to a person with whom I strongly disagree about something, but that something is not the point of the thread and I don't want to derail it.

I don't expect that anything online is truly private, but I have the luxury of knowing that very little of what I send is worth repeating.
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Registered User Dances with Mice's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TD55 View Post
    So you don't know the meaning of "private message" and decide that it is spam. Now that it is spam, it's ok to use it as a tool to humiliate or tattle tail on the person who sent it or otherwise void any trust, honor or respect affiliated with keeping a private matter private. All this on the decision that is made that the private message isn't really private, but spam.

And LW can make over 20,000 post and whine in agreement. I would think that after 20,000 post it might be reasonalble to assume that you are going to get some negative, goofy, etc. type pm's. Shouldn't mean you have to go on the "blabbermouth list".
    Once you send someone a gift, or a written / electronic communication, it then becomes their property and they can decide how to use it. They can keep it private, use it construcively, toss it in the trash, show their friends and neighbors what they got, or send it to someone else. What you believe they should do is irrelevant.
    You never turned around to see the frowns
    On the jugglers and the clowns
    When they all did tricks for you.

i didn't "whine" in agreement. i plainly agree. i'll do what i want with PMs. ain't none of your business sweety

Quote Originally Posted by Dances with Mice View Post
    Once you send someone a gift, or a written / electronic communication, it then becomes their property and they can decide how to use it. They can keep it private, use it construcively, toss it in the trash, show their friends and neighbors what they got, or send it to someone else. What you believe they should do is irrelevant.
    Thanks for the legalize. I was approaching the topic from the trust, honor, respect perspective. Oops, I still live in a world where that stuff counts for more than the legalize stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    i didn't "whine" in agreement. i plainly agree. i'll do what i want with PMs. ain't none of your business sweety
    Well if you don't want it to be mine or anyone elses business you shouldn't post it. Read TAK's post, he 'splains it.

What that mean when you call man "sweety"? Is it meant to insult? Maybe aggressive form of whine?

Well if you don't want it to be mine or anyone elses business you shouldn't post it. Read TAK's post, he 'splains it.

What that mean when you call man "sweety"? Is it meant to insult? Maybe aggressive form of whine?
    thought you were a girl. it's a term of endearment

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    I am not a Psychologist.
    but I did stay at a Holiday Express
    If you find yourself in a fair fight; your tactics suck.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    pm's aren't private. you type stupid **** to somebody, it's your own fault. people need to put their big boy pants on and quit cryin' cause their pansy ass got called out. that is all.
    Don't sugar coat it, tell me how you really feel.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Actually, I think that in many of the cases where someone writes someone privately to complain about some of their posts it is because they may want to provide the guy with some insight or correction, but they don't necessarily want to publicly embarrass the guy or point out his mistakes publicly, especially when they are particularly foolish ones. In other words, folks sometimes tell someone something privately because they don't really feel like making the guy look like an ass in public.

If the recipient of these letters doesn't want to acknowledge them, that's his business. And if he wants to publish them for all to see, well I guess he could do that, too, tho in so doing, he might make himself look pretty stupid.

But at the end of the day, people will do what they will.
    Well said ....

Images

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    i never get any nasty pm's. i wonder why?
    Most of the smart ones are scared of ya

Images

Hey I'm too lazy to use multiple quotes. OK????

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    You never PM me. . .

Images

You never PM me. . .
    we never talk anymore

I want to talk about my feelings. . .

I want to talk about my feelings. . .
    but you're not real....how can you feel...or did you mean sheepdog feeling you....in that case maybe you better keep it in PMs.

Images

Inconceivable

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++