WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

GIDDY-UP, MUDD, JOKER, EWOK, SNEAKS, GASPARD, TINMAN, CYBORG, MISHA, URSULA, MINNESOTA I.P.A, SHORTY, CANTELOPE ALL ON 9-9-09!!
    [IMG]file:///Users/putnamw01/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/putnamw01/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

It is really great to see so many familiar names here. Some of these guys I met back in March or April down south, some later on in Virginia or Pennsylvania, and many of them here in Hanover. Congratulations to all of you, it's great to see that so many of you made it!!

I made the final climb on October 1st with a few other friends:

Bark n' Berry, Patches and Crazy Lady

a mouse gave me a penny in exchange for some goods... fraufrack's Avatar

Congrats buddies! I miss y'all! I ended up knocking off 1,135.4 miles this year, but it looks like I won't finish in a super section next summer as I'd planned, now that I'll have a newborn! I guess its time to train a new generation of hikers. XOXO, Penny Mouse.
    Look for the bare necessities
    The simple bare necessities
    Forget about your worries and your strife...

Quote Originally Posted by fraufrack View Post
    Congrats buddies! I miss y'all! I ended up knocking off 1,135.4 miles this year, but it looks like I won't finish in a super section next summer as I'd planned, now that I'll have a newborn! I guess its time to train a new generation of hikers. XOXO, Penny Mouse.
    A new born? how exciting!! Congrats!

has anyone heard of a man by the name of yukon? he started in springer mountain in march. then sometime in va he started hiking with a girl named two pounds. i dont know them but was following them on utube does anyone know if they made it? the videos he put on utube were great

I was with Yukon for a few days in March, but never saw him again. He was telling us how he was going to put some videos on youtube and I haven't been able to find them. Care to link his youtube site for me sugar33?

hi murphy i would be glad to send u the link to yukon videos on utube how do i do that just let me know ok. ttyl

Yukon summited on the 25th of September.
    I summited the following day along with Kiwi, McBride, Leif E, McLovin', Scratch, Phatmandu, Kitchen Sink, Sun, and Two Lions.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bottom Bunk View Post
    I summited 10/11/09 (#529) along with Spicerack, Krazylegs, Basher, EO (The Extreme Optimist), Denali, Gorganzola, Ziggy, Dah Wah-He, Odin, Stewball, Willow, George (of George + Gracie fame), Mathew + Luke (the father/son team), Beeman, and one other person I met that day whose name currently escapes me (he seemed to be walking w/ Beeman though).

There are definitely more, but people who summited 10/10/09 include Hawkeye, Mr. Fidget, Bad Camper, Jacob, and Speedstick.

I heard the only NOBO staying @ Katahdin Streams the night of the 11th was Yoyo, who planned on summiting on the 12th.

I've also heard that there is a crew in Millinocket that has been waiting to summit for several days now already - at least including Jungli, Tully, Chef, Bee Chucker, Big Camera, and Buttchins.

CONGRATS TO THE CLASS OF 2009!
    I talked to Leprechaun and Swiss Cheese last night. The weather has turned and the mountain is still closed. It sounds like some of the folks waiting in Millinocket are making plans to go home.
    "Going to the woods is going home" - John Muir

"Only by going alone in silence, without baggage, can one truely get into the heart of the wilderness" - John Muir

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ramble~On View Post
    I talked to Leprechaun and Swiss Cheese last night. The weather has turned and the mountain is still closed. It sounds like some of the folks waiting in Millinocket are making plans to go home.
    Yeah, I heard the same thing and feel horrible for the people who can't/won't make it up. Not that they shouldn't be proud of their amazing accomplishment to this point (I know I'm proud of them all), but that is just not the optimal way to end your trip obviously. I certainly wish the best to everyone still waiting for a break in the weather!

So was the last class < III day the 12th or 13th? Oh and does anyone have the link to the BSP site where they post/archive the weather classifications for the park?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramble~On View Post
    It sounds like some of the folks waiting in Millinocket are making plans to go home.
    Stickman was the only ATer in the Park while I was there. Timber was heading in the afternoon of the 15th. Stickman headed south without summiting, and Poptart the Abol Bridge trailrunner said he'd seen very few hikers at all over the last few days.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottom Bunk View Post
    So was the last class < III day the 12th or 13th? Oh and does anyone have the link to the BSP site where they post/archive the weather classifications for the park?
    The 13th > 15th were Class IVs, and I'm pretty sure the 12th was too.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Images

I hiked with Timber, Leprechaun, Swiss Cheese, Big Camera, Butt Chinz and Stromboli for a long, long time. I'd love it if we could work out a date to all summit together. I summitted on the 8th which was a Class III and it would be wonderful to climb again on a clear, sunny day and all finish together.
    "Going to the woods is going home" - John Muir

"Only by going alone in silence, without baggage, can one truely get into the heart of the wilderness" - John Muir

Default Veggie Steve summit date

Hi just to add my name to the list of the class of 2009. I summited at Mt. Katahdin on 8th September at 12:45. I started at Springer on 27th March at about 13:00. I was with Flying Scotsman who arrived just before me. He was wearing a very smart kilt of the Hunting Mc Greggor tartan.

Well done everyone.

Veggie Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Trillium View Post
    Wags & Gangsta summitted on August 26. way to go!
    followed wags on tj from preplaning to the very end felt like i hiked the whole way with her and gansta.

Default 10/6/09 Mt. K peeps....

10/6/09 Mt. K peeps that I remember:

me (scarecrow)
    highway man
    firefly
    squatter
    don coolio
    the saint
    bill & bill
    tubaub
    zen dawg
    iceman
    cattywumpus (sp?)

10/5'ers I saw in Baxter:

bam bam
    cyros (aka lone wolf of NJ)
    nordic
    aquafresh

Images

Default Oct 6th as well

I was also in the Oct 6th group... Mississippi.

Images

I am happy to report that a handful of the hikers who headed home after the series of Class IV days in mid-October were able to eventually summit.

Big Camera, Buttchinz, Tully, and 10x10 caught wind of a couple potential Class III days last week, so they all dropped what they were doing, headed back and were able to summit last Wednesday the 21st on a crystal clear (albeit chilly) day.

I'm sure this closure is absolutely wonderful for them, especially after having left BSP believing that they would not be able to summit this year. Congrats to them all!

I'm very happy to say that I finished on Katahdin on October eigth.
    Tuts

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++