WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Bulldawg:

This is a really stupid argument and I refuse to get drawn into it.

I suggest you take a minute and look at the section here on "Polls" and look at the one called "How do thru-hikers REALLY feel about section hikers?" It dates from January 2004.

You'll see that I not only responded to the original pollster's question, but you'll also see that I was the FIRST person to respond to the question.

Why don't you take a minute and go look what I said if you want to see how I feel about section hikers, OK? And since I know you have integrity, why don't you post the whole quote here so others can see how I feel about them, and that way they can decide for themselves how I feel about this. You might also want to quote what other people said about my comments (and some of these folks were section hikers by the way).

I suspect this will end this completely ridiculous argument.

You might not have a stick in your butt but you sure have some wrong ideas in your head.
    bulldawg is a damn good guy. a good patriot. father. husband

I'm sure he's a great guy, Wolf.

And that's why I hope he looks up that quote so he can really see how I feel about section hikers.

I don't mind if people disagree with me here, Wolf, it happens all the time, but it'd be nice if their complaints had substance or least a basis in fact.

I don't have a problem with section hikers and I never have.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Bulldawg:

This is a really stupid argument and I refuse to get drawn into it.

I suggest you take a minute and look at the section here on "Polls" and look at the one called "How do thru-hikers REALLY feel about section hikers?" It dates from January 2004.

You'll see that I not only responded to the original pollster's question, but you'll also see that I was the FIRST person to respond to the question.

Why don't you take a minute and go look what I said if you want to see how I feel about section hikers, OK? And since I know you have integrity, why don't you post the whole quote here so others can see how I feel about them, and that way they can decide for themselves how I feel about this. You might also want to quote what other people said about my comments (and some of these folks were section hikers by the way).

I suspect this will end this completely ridiculous argument.

You might not have a stick in your butt but you sure have some wrong ideas in your head.
    OK Jack, you were at that time rather favorable of section hikers, day trippers, and overnighters. I'll admit to that. But that was four years ago. And while you may still harbor those same feelings, your posts over the past few days and weeks cause me to feel otherwise. But in the spirit of reconciliation and that all hikers are simply hikers I'm going to just steer clear of arguing it anymore. And if I see ya in the Georgia woods this coming spring, I might even give ya another swig outta my special flask even.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    bulldawg is a damn good guy. a good patriot. father. husband
    Thank you Wolf. I appreciate that, I try real damn hard.

"Rather" favorable. Geez, I thought it was a VERY friendly post. Anyone who's comfortable with the "quote" mechanism is welcome to re-print the quote here so people can judge for themselves. And my recent comments had NOTHING negative to say about section hikers. All I said was that most of the traffic here at Whiteblaze involves longer-distance hikers and I can't for the life of me understand why this simple statement of fact managed to upset some people here.

Default when is new section near bear mtn going to open?

In NY today it way 70 degrees F, beautiful weather for hiking in early Nov, and I did Bear Mtn loop trail, but return route from top of mtn via AT took us on detour around section advertising that construction in progress. When is the new section being advertised scheduled to open?

Hi Young Moose,
    Thanks for working on the trail.Stone work is a lot of fun.We will be working in Fahnestork State Park on the ATnext spring.Doing the same kind of stone work as Bear Mountain.Drop us a line, RPHCV timtrek.mikentim.com We could use some more good help.See you on the trail.Basomgrillmaster

Images

Quote Originally Posted by everyman View Post
    In NY today it way 70 degrees F, beautiful weather for hiking in early Nov, and I did Bear Mtn loop trail, but return route from top of mtn via AT took us on detour around section advertising that construction in progress. When is the new section being advertised scheduled to open?
    The original project called for completion in 2011. I don't know if things are on schedule or not.
    www.nynjtc.org/BearMountainTrails/pdfs/Bear%20Mountain%20Phasing.pdf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++