WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default High School Graduates

I realize a lot of people are high school graduates, but I'm talking ONLY high school grads. No college, no "real" job (as they say), etc. I graduated this year... and this is what I plan to do next. So far I've seen pretty much two things... college grads (or age) and my parent's age. I'm feeling a little alone over here! Any other youngins out there?
    Also... this is a long shot, I know... "any other youngins out there" IN NEW HAMPSHIRE??

AT Thru hiker in planning! 2011 BABY bjj4287's Avatar

I am gonna graduate highschool in '10 and am gonna start hiking sobo right when i graduate.. u going nobo?

Yes I am! NOBO in March of 2010. That's pretty awesome that you're planning it now!

Awesome, I'm planning to graduate early and NOBO in 2010 aswell!

You're graduating early, Bloc?? Cool! When are you going to leave? I'd love to have someone my own age to start out with (no commitments... what happens happens)... let's talk!

idk if i count but i thought id throw my name out there. I just graduated and im working at a retirement home till 2010 to afford to go. Im going to leave sometime from mid to late april.
    !nuf si sdarwkcab gnitirW

idk if i count but i thought id throw my name out there. I just graduated and im working at a retirement home till 2010 to afford to go. Im going to leave sometime from mid to late april.
    !nuf si sdarwkcab gnitirW

AT Thru hiker in planning! 2011 BABY bjj4287's Avatar

my plan has actually changed and im gonna graduate early too and go nobo instead of soboin '10

I think college means a different thing in America than it does in the UK...but I'm young! One month today and I'm 18 I'm starting next June (mid) and going SoBo Can't wait!
    'I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man' - Che Guevara

Images

Me- I graduated in 2008 and have been trying to make some money for my thru since then, I'm heading out NoBo in February.

I am going NOBO and graduating in 2010 from HS. Anyone interested in starting the hike together in April/May??

Images

I graduated in 09 and start my NOBO in March!

Images

Well, I graduated two years ago, I think that counts for this thread though.

I graduated in 2008 and decided I wanted to do it. I actually started last year, but Im gonna finish this year.

Images

Hey Finny, did you leave at Neel Gap after starting NoBo? 'Cause I suggest starting right from the very beginning- I think three days isn't much to add on, and you'll feel much more complete about your thru when you get to Katahdin. Well, that's how I would feel. (Just figured, Neel Gap is a really good place to come through, if you have gear problems, and I personally might benefit from that being after a couple days of hiking.)
    2010 AT NoBo Thru "attempt" (guess 1,700 miles didn't quite get me all the way through ;) )
    Various adventures in Siberia 2016
    Adventures past and present!
    (and maybe 2018 PCT NoBo)

Yeah, last year I started in Amicalola and walked to Neel's Gap. (Took me 4 days because of that Approach Trail...) I've been thinking about starting over at Springer Mt. because I felt bad about hiking around Blood Mt. last time, but I haven't decided yet. I still have a lot of planning to do...

I Keep Forgetting I Forgot That HYOH's Avatar

I graduated the 8th grade but have yet to graduate High school and I've been hiking the AT for 30 years.

Hey! I'm 19 years old and am thinking about starting NOBO in Feb/March. I don't really have any plans yet, but the idea has been floating around my head every since I got back from spending some time on the CDT. If you're thinking about starting up around then-or even a little later- and are looking for some company, lemme know!

Salamander Sal

Heya... I decided to poke my head out of hiding.

I'm also a HS graduate (per say.. does my GED count?). Though I also have 2 years-ish of college as well. I'm surprised to see so many "youngins" going this year.

I originally wanted to travel when I was 16 but other things got in the way (like worried parents).

If anyone wants a motivational partner who is hoping to leave late feb - late march some time feel free to contact me.

Plans change and plans fall through but currently those are my plans.

~ Sal

I'll be on the trail 20100301, planning on doing the approach trail 20100228. I'm 22, been planning this thing for two years now, would have been 20 at first thruhike. I've been section hiking, and dayhiking on the AT since I was 15. It's good to do it at our age, less hassle, less strain on the body. Plus we can ingest about any type of food and turn it into energy.
    Hammock Hanger
    Section Hiker
    Nature Lover

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++