Thread: midwest hikers

Default midwest hikers

looking for another thru hiker to possibly hike with or at least start with. I am heading NOBO starting 3/11 or 12 2010. I am a newbie to long distance hiking, am excited and terrified at the same time. Hope to hear from some hikers in my area.

I'm starting a month later, but I live in Columbus, OH if you ever wanted to hit the western part of the Buckeye Trail.

Indianapolis checking in, I'm hoping to go around 3/11 also. So far I don't know who I'm going with and I'll also be new to distance hiking, although next summer I'm going to be doing some shorter trips to hopefully get any gear kinks worked out.

new guy checking in, i'm looking at a nobo in 2011 but would love to try parts of the buckeye trail a few times between now and then to help get ready.

crud, just realized i was in u gals section... sorry... lol

I live in Indy and my mom lives in Valparaiso. We are planning a 5-7 day section for next Sept (2010). I'd love to connect with some local hikers and maybe do a few day hikes or an overnighter to test out our new gear.

Images

Default Female Thru-hiker to share experience/wkd hike

I'm from Columbus originally but currently living in Dayton. I thru-hiked in '92, so it's been awhile. The gear changes, but you still have to put one foot in front of the other. I've gotten out-of-shape but am looking to start hiking again more regularly. Just got back from spending Thanksgiving weekend on the trails in the Red Rive Gorge area (KY). If any mid-westerners planning to thru-hike want to gather on the trail somewhere in OH/IN for a weekend, I'd love to share/re-live my experience with you to help you plan for yours, or even if you haven't set a date for your thru-hike but want to "dream."

Downes, don't be terrified. In a short time you will meet lots of new friends on and along the trail. And, no matter how much one can prepare accept it, that during a hike, unexpected and unplanned events WILL occur. Accept it now as a given on a long hike. Now, sanely deal with it and have some enjoyment along the way!

++ New Posts ++