WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    come spend a month or so in damascus when they're all comin' through here. it's way more than just a few "spoiling it for the rest"
    Ms Janet and Ron Haven must be (been) saints for putting up with hikers down south.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Ms Janet and Ron Haven must be (been) saints for putting up with hikers down south.
    it helps when you have $$$ coming in

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    come spend a month or so in damascus when they're all comin' through here. it's way more than just a few "spoiling it for the rest"
    What is your impression of the bad behavior in terms of it being worse this year than previous years or is it just the same old issue every year?

It helps if there's money coming in?

Geez, I wasn't aware that Miss Janet was awash in cash, Wolf, nor that she was ever about making money.

And Ron Haven spends thousands of dollars every year helping hikers, shuttling them for free, doing favors for all sorts of folks who don't spend a dime at any of his businesses, etc.

Lone Wolf's comment was uncalled for.

How much was it to get into the fools bash this year? Just askin'

He shuttles from Winding Stair gap to.......? Er it's on the tip of my tongue......to.... What's that motel in Franklin?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    It helps if there's money coming in?

Geez, I wasn't aware that Miss Janet was awash in cash, Wolf, nor that she was ever about making money.

And Ron Haven spends thousands of dollars every year helping hikers, shuttling them for free, doing favors for all sorts of folks who don't spend a dime at any of his businesses, etc.

Lone Wolf's comment was uncalled for.
    calm your ass down it DOES help if you've got money coming in. ron haven runs a business. janet shoulda set prices in stone the day she opened her doors but she trusted that hikers would do the right thing.
    my comment is a fact

Ron does do quite a bit to help hikers I know, but I don't think he is exactly destitute either. I'm sure he generates quite a lot of business via the magic he provides.

dk about that situation but i do think most hikers are responsible (sp?) ppl who appreciate what caretakers/trail angels do.
    that being said i did get stuck for a good 75 miles behind one hiker who im sure did not pack out a single corner of his powerade wrappers
    i (dumbly) confronted him when we finally shared a shelter and realized the next day that my $40 for the shelter/hostel was missing
    buuut i got a free ride and free stay from the locals so don't go losing faith in humanity over one (or even a few) bad apples

ps. dude was prob using the money to shuttle his *** ahead b/c he couldnt outhike this beastly shehiker

Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    What is your impression of the bad behavior in terms of it being worse this year than previous years or is it just the same old issue every year?
    I limit all my bad behavior to the internet. When hiking I am a kind, courteous, polite, trail representative.

Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    worse this year especially concerning the "No Dogs on Property" policy. it seems hikers with dogs are all illiterate. smokers, dopers and drinkers ain't much better. signs really don't seem to matter

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rockhound View Post
    I limit all my bad behavior to the internet. When hiking I am a kind, courteous, polite, trail representative.
    I can attest Rockhound is a Boy Scout when on trail. He's also Trustworth, Loyal and Helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I can attest Rockhound is a Boy Scout when on trail. He's also Trustworth, Loyal and Helpful.
    See...that proves that not all hikers are azz holes.

Default rockhound

I found you to be a very cool person and a positive trail representative, who can catch things very well. I mean when I threw something at you, you always caught it. I respect a man who can catch well. Nice meeting you last weekend.
    Cedar Tree

nice meeting you too Cedar Tree. I'm going up north in a week or so and will be away from your neck of the woods for quite a while. Next time around though might have to go hiking, provided you can hike better than you drive that is.

I wonder why so many thru-hikers feel so entitled to free services? Couldn't have anything to do with all that 'magic' they experience early in their hike, could it?

Thru-hikers feel entitled! They feel entitled to having someone pick them up when they want to go in town. They feel entitled to have a place to stay. They feel entitled to have showers, food, a place to sleep. Alot of the entitled feel like they can stiff businesses, they steal, they deface places that are not there own. Even people with the money to spend feel entitled to having everything and everyone at there feet, allll because they think they are thruhikers. Remember, you aint a thruhiker til you complete the trail. The entitlement of being a hiker is bs.

I don't appreciate that comment Chaco. I feel I deserve better than that.

Did I say Rockhound???

You deserve only the best Rockhound!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++