WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Gee, I'd love it if Gov. Patterson of New York would take a long hike.....preferably off a short pier!

Images

I have to eat my hat on this one, I still did not the tone the news took on his hiking the trail as such a news story in a negative way, but the dirtbag lied and actually went to Argentina telling his staff he was hiking. Like I said I will eat my hat on this one defending him. Actually I was defending hiking ibeing made into a negative light.

Hiker Trash - Safety Squad! JokerJersey's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by traildust View Post
    He is done. Whatever the reason the explanation he is done as a politician. Might be done as a governor.
    Oh come on. If you honestly think that heading to Argentina is enough to stop a politician's career, you need to read up on this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_barry - In short, caught smoking crack in a FBI sting, spent 6 months in fed. pen, then was reelected as Mayor of Washington, DC. Later was found to have lied on taxes and was caught again with drugs after testing positive for cocaine and marijuana. And is STILL serving in public office.

All this guy did was take an unplanned vacation without telling anyone where he was. He said he needed to spend some time alone after he lost a vote on a key issue he was working on. Maybe it was something near and dear to his heart and he needed the time off. Ever think that maybe he decided to not go hike the AT on the off-chance that someone would notice him and all he wanted was to not be noticed? Who the heck would notice the Governer of a US state in Argentina, unless it was Arnold? Everyone, including politicians, need time off to pull themselves together on occasion.

Is it a little irresponsible to have gone off without telling them where he was going? Sure it was. Is he a human being? Pretty sure he is on that count too. Considering he hasn't claimed to be the Messiah, maybe we should cut him a little slack. When he found out how much of a fuss was being made...he came home and apologized for causing any problems. Why is this such a big deal?
    Pyro - Bringin' the heat! '11 Safety Tribe firestarter

2011 - Springer to Pearisburg

Quote Originally Posted by JokerJersey View Post
    Oh come on. If you honestly think that heading to Argentina is enough to stop a politician's career, you need to read up on this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_barry - In short, caught smoking crack in a FBI sting, spent 6 months in fed. pen, then was reelected as Mayor of Washington, DC. Later was found to have lied on taxes and was caught again with drugs after testing positive for cocaine and marijuana. And is STILL serving in public office.

All this guy did was take an unplanned vacation without telling anyone where he was. He said he needed to spend some time alone after he lost a vote on a key issue he was working on. Maybe it was something near and dear to his heart and he needed the time off. Ever think that maybe he decided to not go hike the AT on the off-chance that someone would notice him and all he wanted was to not be noticed? Who the heck would notice the Governer of a US state in Argentina, unless it was Arnold? Everyone, including politicians, need time off to pull themselves together on occasion.

Is it a little irresponsible to have gone off without telling them where he was going? Sure it was. Is he a human being? Pretty sure he is on that count too. Considering he hasn't claimed to be the Messiah, maybe we should cut him a little slack. When he found out how much of a fuss was being made...he came home and apologized for causing any problems. Why is this such a big deal?
    Uh maybe there was a little more to the trip to Argentina than a vacation ALONE.....

Images

He just stated he was having affair in Argentina maybe he was hiking up mt boobs
    Would you be offended if I told you to
    TAKE A HIKE!
    CowHead

"If at first you don't succeed......Skydiving is not for you" Zen Isms

I once was lost, then I hike the trail

Sounds like he went on vacation to work on a key issue, not to get away from one.

Looks like he has a whole lot more key issues to work on now.

1,630 miles and counting earlyriser26's Avatar
    Images

If he just went on a hike he would have been lusting after AYCE instead of sex
    There are so many miles and so many mountains between here and there that it is hardly worth thinking about

Well at least he admits the problem. I mean hell, we are all human, and he is accepting responsibility for his actions and not trying to blame them on someone else or lie his way out of it.....

Pilgrim of Serendipity

Quote Originally Posted by berninbush View Post
    And it's no one's business what he chose to do on his vacation, unless there's strong evidence he did something illegal/ immoral.
    Well, my caveat was more applicable than I would have liked. Slight job irresponsibility to clear the head... forgivable. Politician having an affair... distasteful and hurtful to all involved, but they are human too and the American voter tends to be forgiving. Politician neglecting job responsibilities in order to carry on and conceal affair... that raises questions of character and ability to serve. It's going to be a harder pill for even his most loyal supporters to swallow.
    Deuteronomy 23:12-13 "Designate a place outside the camp where you can go to relieve yourself. As part of your equipment have something to dig with… dig a hole and cover up your excrement."

Default "Hey honey, I'm going hiking on the Appalachian Trail"

Will never sound innocent again. Talk about respect factor soaring and plummeting in a matter of days.

I loved the image of a sitting governor playing hooky on the AT. I guess, cos it is what I would love to do. Alas, he was playing nookie in Argentina.
    Yahtzee

Default He was accepting responsibility...

when he took the governorship. Abandoning his state and his family while he was out fooling around isn't OK, even if he "accepts responsibility" when caught.

AP: Sanford left Thursday and his staff didn't hear from until Tuesday morning.

First lady Jenny Sanford told reporters she had no idea where the father of her four children went during Father's Day weekend. And one state legislator was ready to rewrite state law to make sure governors pass their power on when they go incommunicado.

Images

Buenos Aires is one helluva trail town. Sorry, Lone Wolf, but it beats the ever-loving crap out of Damascus. Did they move the start from Springer to BA?

The Weasel
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

Images

Do they have any AYCE in Buenos Aires? Where's the best outfitter?

TW
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

Images

So he tells his staff to tell people he is hiking the trail, while he is in Argentina with the woman he has been having a long time affair with. Today he admitted all that the girlfriend was more important to him than his four kids on Father's Day. He has now resigned from the Republican something now we need to see if he resigns from office as Governor. Yea, thats what I want for a husband.

Being a section hiker, the oddest thing about this story to me was that it appeared he was hiking the GA section since the last time his phone signal was tracked was near Atlanta. If I were going to hike the AT for a couple of days I wouldn't start in GA, even if I started my drive in Columbia, SC. I guess he was going to the Atlanta airport instead.
    Alex: What does Connecticut have to offer us?
    Melman: Lyme Disease.
    Alex: Thank you, Melman.

Quote Originally Posted by cavediver256 View Post
    Well at least he admits the problem. I mean hell, we are all human, and he is accepting responsibility for his actions and not trying to blame them on someone else or lie his way out of it.....
    Um really? He was claiming to be on the AT until he got caught...with another woman....on Father's Day weekend...when he has a wife and like 4 kids. Gives a whole meaning to southern gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggatravels View Post
    Um really? He was claiming to be on the AT until he got caught...with another woman....on Father's Day weekend...when he has a wife and like 4 kids. Gives a whole meaning to southern gentleman.

Better late than never ???

Quote Originally Posted by cavediver256 View Post
    Better late than never ???
    Nice try lol.

I kinda feel bad for enjoying this story as much as I do.

Yeah he is a heel and deserves what he gets. But now every time I want to go "hiking" my wife will have her doubts, Thanks Alot Governor!

Let's all look on the bright side -- at least he wasn't caught soliciting sex from a guy in a bathroom stall in a mens room at the airport.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++