WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldawg View Post
    What a *********!!
    You put forth quite the scientific argument sir.

National Geographic awaits you and Sir Issac Newton salutes you.

Images

Tramadol. 200 mgs every day on the trail.

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheat View Post
    I reiterate my request of you: point me to some science demonstrating the prolonged effects of the use of Endocet.

You clearly cannot. You hold yourself out to this board as a medical professional. OK. Show me some science.

Don't name-call.

Show me science.
    Ok, let me try this again one last time. Endocet is a combination medication of acetaminophen and oxycodone. I've given you link after link to studies that cite oxycodone as potentially addictive, since it is the narcotic component of Endocet. But because these studies don't have the word endocet in them, you like to twist what I point out to your own agenda. As previously stated, the studies that I've cited are conducted by people, whom I'm sure have far more training and education than you, of I for that matter, will ever have. The information gathered by people with MD, Phd and PharmD behind their names carries a lot of weight in my opinion. And it's funny that the rest of the medical community holds that information as fact while you don't. Anyone else see something odd there?

The reason that you can't is because you aren't really a medical professional.
    First, you don't know me. You don't know my name, my home address, what kind of car I drive and you certainly don't know what I do for a living. All you know of me is what I type here at WB once in a while. That statement, as so many of your previous statements are not only trolling for an inflammatory statement from me, but nothing short of just plain ignorant. My credentials speak for themself:

Registered Nurse
    Critical Care Registered Nurse
    Certified Transport Registered Nurse
    Registered Respiratory Therapist
    Respiratory Care Practitioner

Every time I have asked for you to point me to some medical science, you call me a moron, or an idiot, or some other name.
    Because it's true.

But you never point me to some medical information ... which is all I ever asked for.
    Not so. If you go back through this thread, you'll noted multiple studies that I've linked to that show the addictive nature of oxycodone, which is the narcotic component of Endocet. You've chosen to believe what you want to believe. If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest damn person in the world.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Hooch,

I reiterate my request of you: point me to some science demonstrating the prolonged effects of the use of Endocet.

You clearly cannot. You hold yourself out to this board as a medical professional. OK. Show me some science.

Don't name-call.

Show me science.

Every time I have asked for you to point me to some medical science, you call me a moron, or an idiot, or some other name. But you never point me to some medical information ... which is all I ever asked for.

The reason that you can't is because you aren't really a medical professional.

If you were professional, you'd just point me to information which supports your vehement claims. You can't ... because there isn't any, at least as far as I can determine.

If you have scientific information to present, then do so. If you'd rather have a name-calling war, I accept your proposal.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hooch is a medical god. Arguing is useless because he will strike you down.

Ask anyone that has 3 friend dead and a lot of friends in jail due to oxycodone addiction.

Most commonly leads to heroin use due to the relatively huge drop in price compared to greatly increased effectiveness.

RIP Jaimie, Matt, Tony

I use Ibuprofen, aleve, advil...whatever we got if I need it. Course saving a few vicatin from my surgery to put in the med kit could be a possibility....last time I went through them before the pain subsided.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer&Marje View Post
    Hooch is a medical god. Arguing is useless because he will strike you down.

Ask anyone that has 3 friend dead and a lot of friends in jail due to oxycodone addiction.

Most commonly leads to heroin use due to the relatively huge drop in price compared to greatly increased effectiveness.

RIP Jaimie, Matt, Tony

I use Ibuprofen, aleve, advil...whatever we got if I need it. Course saving a few vicatin from my surgery to put in the med kit could be a possibility....last time I went through them before the pain subsided.
    I like your post homer but are you saying that Buck rice is an ass?

Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    I like your post homer but are you saying that Buck rice is an ass?

Only if it makes me more popular

Has Buck Rice ever seen a person scratching holes in there skin or spend $30,000 from a bank account, or crush an 80 with a lighter and blow the whole thing up their nose?

I don't want to get on the subject of illegal drugs, keeping to the TOS I don't think that oxycodone is a viable drug to be carrying on a backpacking trip. Take it in the morning your legs are jelly, take it at night your waking up at 10 am. Hiking starts at 5am folks. No later

Quote Originally Posted by Homer&Marje View Post
    Only if it makes me more popular

Has Buck Rice ever seen a person scratching holes in there skin or spend $30,000 from a bank account, or crush an 80 with a lighter and blow the whole thing up their nose?

I don't want to get on the subject of illegal drugs, keeping to the TOS I don't think that oxycodone is a viable drug to be carrying on a backpacking trip. Take it in the morning your legs are jelly, take it at night your waking up at 10 am. Hiking starts at 5am folks. No later

So you're suggesting that drugs that are not prescribed by a medical professional is a bad thing. Are you suggesting that a nurse, as a medical professional, would be a good source for medical information? I think I see where this is going… Buck Rice is an ass. Incidentally, my medical provider is a nurse practitioner.

PS Homer, you are very popular and everyone admires your insightful posts.

I think that anyone that takes drugs to relieve pain (legal or not) are pansy-ass bitches.

When I first started my thru hike I did not take any pain relievers.. I hurt a lot.. I went to the hospital in Hiawasee and then again in Franklin.. Doctors in both places told me to take lots of Ibuprophren.. more than I ever thought you could take.. I even got a prescription for it... 800 mg doses! After I started taking it my pain went down and I enjoyed the hike more.. I ended up just taking about three of the 200mg generic tablets about three times a day.. Also in his book "My Wildly Sucessful 800 mile Hike" Risk(an MD) talks about the value of taking ibuprophren just before you go to bed so that it can work on reducing the swelling that happens during the day...
    I survived the trail with Ibuprophen and Snickers bars! long live Vitamen I !!

Journal Entries
    Images

You put forth quite the scientific argument sir.

National Geographic awaits you and Sir Issac Newton salutes you.

You might be very very surprised at the connections I have with both of the above, you ********* moron!!

Quote Originally Posted by hopefulhiker View Post
    When I first started my thru hike I did not take any pain relievers.. I hurt a lot.. ...
    Same here, but I didn't go to the hospital, I just took it easy - backed-off my intensity. I eventually got over the pain. I'm not a toughguy, it's just the body can become acclimated when allowed - in a more natual way. I joke a lot about this issue, but I really do think the drug companies have an evil streak. Yes there are some good drugs that have their purposes, but there's also many drugs that are just money makers. I see a lot of parallels between legal drug companies and drug lords.

P.S. The pain I had, especially in my feet was extremely intense, the type of pain that would wake me at night; I'm not just talking about minor aches.

Images

Just to add if you are hurting and popping "any" pain meds.....you have the potential to hurt yourself worse. If you are hurting bad enough to be popping pain meds regularly....maybe you should listen to your body.
    If i take anything it is usually a half of a "p.M" OTC sometimes just to help me sleep...I tend to be a restless sleeper, especially on the trail.

Special Note....there was the basketball player who had to have a liver transplant because he was popping anti-inflams to keep playing.
    Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.-John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    So you're suggesting that drugs that are not prescribed by a medical professional is a bad thing. Are you suggesting that a nurse, as a medical professional, would be a good source for medical information? I think I see where this is going… Buck Rice is an ass. Incidentally, my medical provider is a nurse practitioner.

PS Homer, you are very popular and everyone admires your insightful posts.
    I'm not saying that drugs that are taken and aren't prescribed are a bad thing. I'm saying that life in moderation, everything included, is probably the best philosophy.

I took narcotic pain killers after my surgery, and will after my next one. IC Hydrocodone...vicatin for lack of a better spelling.

I've also taken Vitamin P (prednisone) to reduce severe inflammation in my wrists.

I HAVE taken an Oxycodone once...very small one that someone else had for a really bad thrown out back... did I have a prescription for it, no. Was I in enough pain for it? Yes.

My reasoning was simple, no healthcare at the time, not enough money for a doctor visit, script, and follow up visit. It's when people start taking them not for the pain, prescription or no, that it's a problem.

Yes I believe a Certified Nurse is a valid medical opinion, the amount of training and schooling some go through would blow up the average mind.

Thank you, I assumed by now I was wildly popular and most have subscribed to all my threads. I thank my fans again

Taking a few Ibuprofen isn't going to kill you but a excess of anything is not good for you. We live in a day when some kind of pill is prescribed for everything. I take some motrin with me and on occasion take one.

Taking any kind of pain "reliever" is just covering up the signal that your body is trying to tell you , somethin aint right.
    Oh and saying a nurse isnt a medical professional is just plain ignorant.

And Homer, the reason why people tune in to your comments and threads is to see when you will say something stupid

Images

I don't care what anyone says- I always bring plenty of motrin.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
++ New Posts ++