WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Teddy Bear in a hammock HikerRanky's Avatar
    Images

With all due respect to everyone, all we know is 1 side of the story.... Unless the people that are involved in this step forward and offer their side of it, we here on WB will not know exactly what happened.

Why don't we all just chalk this up to "We weren't there, and something bad appears to have happened here" and leave it at that.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Totem View Post
    While the kid sounds like a tool :
    He is a tool because he doesn't eat animals or use drugs? lmao

Images

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by HikerRanky View Post
    With all due respect to everyone, all we know is 1 side of the story.... Unless the people that are involved in this step forward and offer their side of it, we here on WB will not know exactly what happened.

Why don't we all just chalk this up to "We weren't there, and something bad appears to have happened here" and leave it at that.

Randy
    Where's the fun in that?

Too bad REI nor Loomis will make a statement. Guess they have something to hide.

whoops I mean will not make a statement lol

Quote Originally Posted by HikerRanky View Post

Randy
    Good post.

This guy puts out his version of this "incident" without any evidence other than his "word". He also has posted:

"The other thing sounds really lame saying it out loud in front of other people, but… If you want to help me financially, I design and make shirts with my friend (Bookis). We sell them for $15 each. That would help me out quite a bit. (Sorry for the commercial break.)"

And:
    "It would be remiss of me to not point out (to the thousands of visitors I’m getting) that I make and sell shirts with my friend (Bookis). They are available at The Resistance Army. They are $15 each."

Hope all you that support him also buy a shirt. Just think how he could have worked you up if he had claimed it was in a WalMart.

Wait a minute. Nufaid, after the mod suggested everyone be careful about posting on a subject and individuals before we had more info (post #61) you complimented him on a good post (post #66). On post #67, MADE 13 MINUTES LATER YOU SLAM AND BEGIN TO DEMONIZE THE VICTIM.
    Just sayin....

Put this thread alongside the Damascus turned bad thread. Same song, second verse.

Jerk does something stupid, gets treated like a jerk, then cries about it to anyone who will listen, but only tells half the story (somehow leaving out the fact that he is a jerk) to stir others up.
    Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.

What did the guy allegedly do that makes him a jerk? What is stupid about seeing what might be a cool photo and taking the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Wow, lets all over react and trash a company over one guys blog on the web. I don't have any great love for REI, but I am not going to change my opinion about a store just because some dude blogged about them. Sounds like both parties could have handled the situation differently and the outcome would have saved everyone a lot of time!

Agreed he was a punk with no respect for authority and pictures himself a guru on society....fact is people DO "case" ATMs to steal from ( and before i get jumped on about it, these thieves work in TEAMS so while he might not have been one of the actual robbers ( doubt hed be smart enough) he still could have been in on it as innocent as he "looked" .. thats part of thier job casing.. they have an image that isnt questioned...that looks innocent in all ways)..thats undeniable reality...these guards didnt know this prideful " im better than you" little prick, it was his whole attitude that escalated the whole thing, Think about it theres a reason that they carry guns and wear vests as part of thier job..are they cops....no...but they do face that real danger of being robbed and its thier job to protect what they are assigned to...over zealous..POSSIBLY but between a egotistical social defunct anarchist and a pair of regular joes working hard trying to do thier jobs, i wonder who i will side with and boycotting REI cuase of this stupid punks blog...is stupid

Kudos to the guards for actualy getting this punk thrown into a cell for a little while..would have paid money to watch that
    " YOU'RE MAD!" "... Thank goodness for that, Because if I wasn't this would probably never work." AT thru hiker advice from CAPN jack sparrow

Quote Originally Posted by TD55 View Post
    Wait a minute. Nufaid, after the mod suggested everyone be careful about posting on a subject and individuals before we had more info (post #61) you complimented him on a good post (post #66). On post #67, MADE 13 MINUTES LATER YOU SLAM AND BEGIN TO DEMONIZE THE VICTIM.
    Just sayin....
    I just quoted what the "victim" posted on his blog.

Guards on a power trip.......blow right by them son.

I just read the kid's blog. He's 100% right. I like when people take a stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbi View Post
    Put this thread alongside the Damascus turned bad thread. Same song, second verse.

Jerk does something stupid, gets treated like a jerk, then cries about it to anyone who will listen, but only tells half the story (somehow leaving out the fact that he is a jerk) to stir others up.
    He didn't do anything stupid, and he didn't start it. The ATM tech started it when he threatened to tackle him.

Quote Originally Posted by RITBlake View Post
    I just read the kid's blog. He's 100% right. I like when people take a stand.
    Hope you bought a shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by nufsaid View Post
    Hope you bought a shirt.
    as opposed to REI and loomis, who arn't commercial interests?

Images

WB needs a "What Not To Read" forum where mods could move this and many threads to . . . so far the 14 year old wins the mature response award!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr O View Post
    as opposed to REI and loomis, who arn't commercial interests?
    Shane and Bookis don't need to rob an ATM as long as they can stir up fellow anarchists and/or the gullible to buy their shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by nufsaid View Post
    Shane and Bookis don't need to rob an ATM as long as they can stir up fellow anarchists and/or the gullible to buy their shirts.
    And they don't need to commit a crime to be arrested either.

I wouldn't have given them my ID either. If you think he should have, why not make it a law then?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
++ New Posts ++