WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Foothills Trail

Default Foothills Trail

The Foothills Trail is approximately 78 miles in length, and the route is in the mountains of NC and SC. The southern terminus is located at Oconee State Park in SC (accessible from Hwy. 107 near Walhalla, SC) and the northern terminus is located at Table Rock Mountain State Park in SC(accessible from Hwy. 11).

The trail really packs a lot of scenery into its relatively short length. The route includes access to 2 National Wild & Scenic Rivers (Chattooga and Horsepasture) and there are other rivers and lots of waterfalls and rocky, noisy creeks.

I recently completed the Foothills Trail, and I've posted a journal. The page also includes trail photos, embedded videos and a link to the Foothills Trail Conference. The FTC site provides information concerning a guidebook, shuttle services and trail conditions.

My journal page is here:

http://www.trailquest.net/RMfoothills.html .
    RainmakerAT92
    www.trailquest.net

Images

Very nice, thank you for posting it. One day, I will follow in your footsteps. I may have to retire first......

Anyone living in the Southeast that has not hiked this trail are missing out.
    March, early April for the views. November for the leaves.
    Weekdays for solitude.

The perpetual thru-hiker!
    Images

I hike (and hunt) on various sections of it on a regular basis. I'm planning on a few days on it at the end of May.

Images

I completed it recently myself. Has anyone ordered a shirt yet?? I'd like to know what they look like!

I'm planning to thru-hike the Foothills Trail both because I want to and a preparation for thru-hiking the AT next year. I was curious about a couple things if anyone has the answers to them?
    1. Does anyone know or have some suggestions when would be the best time for a thru-hike?
    2. Aside from winter is there a time I should avoid or that anyone would advise against a thru-hike?
    3. Is there a season or time of year when people typically or most often tend to thru-hike it?
    4. Does anyone know what (if any) is the best, preferred or more common direction in which to thru-hike it or can anyone suggestion which direction to thru-hike it?
    5. Does anyone know of any place near the trail where one could re-supply either by buying supplies or maildrop?

++ New Posts ++