WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    When I was there in 06 they planely stated they were only letting hikers stay there, although after much wrangling and smooth talking they let a long distance bicylist/so called hiker stay because there was space available under the condition that if a hiker came in the bicylist was to vacate thier bed.
    Yah kind of a non issue at this point. We cowboy camped about 35 miles up river in one of the state park launching points.

Smith Gap, Pennsylvania - SEE your (The AT Guide) for more information

Default Want To Know

Quote Originally Posted by RITBlake View Post
    Yah kind of a non issue at this point. We cowboy camped about 35 miles up river in one of the state park launching points.

OK, this is killing me, after all is said and done, ...... why did you want to stay at the DWG hostel in the first place?

Sniff Packs?
    Too Cheap ?
    Roof over your heads in case of rain?
    Meet Thru-hikers?
    Ask Pastor Karen if any work needed to be done?
    Take a FREE shower?

Quote Originally Posted by The Mechanical Man View Post
    OK, this is killing me, after all is said and done, ...... why did you want to stay at the DWG hostel in the first place?

Sniff Packs?
    Too Cheap ?
    Roof over your heads in case of rain?
    Meet Thru-hikers?
    Ask Pastor Karen if any work needed to be done?
    Take a FREE shower?

Convenience and location mostly. Thousands of hostels around the world and in America are open to more then just backpackers. Thought the hostel in DWG might be an option so I did my due diligence by asking ahead of time, got the answer here on whiteblaze and happily made other arrangements.

Default Foul Rift

Quote Originally Posted by RITBlake View Post
    Convenience and location mostly. Thousands of hostels around the world and in America are open to more then just backpackers. Thought the hostel in DWG might be an option so I did my due diligence by asking ahead of time, got the answer here on whiteblaze and happily made other arrangements.
    Canoeing and camping along the Delaware river is great fun.
    Have you ever gone through foul rift?

Foul Rift is an approximately mile-long stretch of Class II+ rapids in the Delaware River just south of Belvidere, New Jersey. The rapids are caused by a dramatic descent in the elevation of the riverbed. These rapids are considered the most dangerous in the entire Delaware River Basin.
    The Delaware River never became a major industrial shipping channel due to navigational issues created by Foul Rift and other rapids along the main stem of the river.

I didn't think so.............

Quote Originally Posted by The Mechanical Man View Post
    I didn't think so.............
    Sorry TMM no haven't heard of it until tonight and don't think I've paddled through it (I really doubt it after reading about it!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++