WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default visit the image of your ATC hiker Polaroids at Trail Days

12,779 ATC Polaroids! - That's how many were recently scanned by A.T. Museum Society volunteers (including 80-something "Mama Boots," who put in 20 hours towards the project in March) in preparation for a new social networking mini-site - coming to you later this year. Stop by the ATC/ALDHA/ATMS/Mt. Rogers tent at Trail Days 5/15-16 to find out more about this project and to visit with the image of your earlier hiker self! Check out "Toccoah" on Twitter for reports on the project's process. It took 425 volunteer hours to barcode, scan and rehouse the photos - and the images are now with the web designer. Thanks to all of our volunteers and to the Quimby Family Foundation for their support.

That is pretty damn incredible. Great work guys.

Images

Thanks to all the volunteers who put this together.

When up and running this will be a very popular website.

Trail Bum / Homeless Vet
    Images

Wow that is alot of pics to organize and digitize. The volunteers associated with the AT never cease to amaze me!

How was this?

Is the site online now? I can't find it on the ATC homepage.

Images

Folks at the Gathering were saying it will be a few more months before the photos are online.

We did get to see the photos on their computer as we signed the release form allowing ATC to show our image on the website.

Allright then, I'll just keep checking back I guess.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Museum Lady View Post
    12,779 ATC Polaroids! - That's how many were recently scanned by A.T. Museum Society volunteers (including 80-something "Mama Boots," who put in 20 hours towards the project in March) in preparation for a new social networking mini-site - coming to you later this year. Stop by the ATC/ALDHA/ATMS/Mt. Rogers tent at Trail Days 5/15-16 to find out more about this project and to visit with the image of your earlier hiker self! Check out "Toccoah" on Twitter for reports on the project's process. It took 425 volunteer hours to barcode, scan and rehouse the photos - and the images are now with the web designer. Thanks to all of our volunteers and to the Quimby Family Foundation for their support.
    This is an incredible project, thank you so much to allthe volunteers who've organized this! I had the opportunity to check the project ou at the Gathering and the woman (Mama Boots?) found my class and my picture, which is the first time I've seen the 03' album since the day I strolled into the ATC office.

Looking forward to the online version.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

++ New Posts ++