WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Hackberry and Paria Canyons, Utah

Mags and I went for a little stroll in southern Utah and managed not to get lost despite frequently being somewhere other than where we thought we were. I finally finished the photos and the text and you can see the results at

http://cwillett.imathas.com/hackberry/index.html

I can be long winded, so here is the short summary:

1) Mags is pure hiker trash.

2) Southern Utah is absolutely stunning. Go see it for yourself.

3) 4 days, 3 nights, about 60 miles of hiking. No built trails, but a few cairns, a jeep road, and a very confused couple from Florida in a mini van.

4) No permits needed and the rangers will have no idea where you're going, despite it being described in multiple guidebooks and in their backyards.

5) Mags is pure hiker trash.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

You make hiker trash more trashy, Mags!

I had to earn that folks....

(Read his report..much better than mine. I obviously drank too much Cherry Desert Cooler)
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Images

Guys,

The opening photo is stunning. Can't wait for my South Utah adventure later this spring
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

Southern Utah is absolutely stunning. Go see it for yourself.

I am! In Moab UT now. I'm on the Hayduke Trail! Visits five(5) National Parks in southern Utah(Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Bryce, Zion) alone plus the Grand Canyon NP in AZ Also travels through Escalante/Grand Staircase National Monument, Glen Canyon Nat. Mon., and Vermillion Cliffs/Paria River Wilderness areas in Utah? I'll be in Hackberry Canyon and along the Paria River(taking additional side trip from the Buckskin Gulch Confluence down to Lees Ferry in a couple of wks.)

Thanks for the report! And, Mags Thanks for hooking me up with the right connections.

Images

Have fun on the Hayduke. Someday, maybe. Buckskin and Paria are absolute gems and I wish I could spend a long time in the area.

++ New Posts ++