WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

Default Jonesville store to re-open

The store in Jonesville, VT is set to re-open in May, link to story below. I sure hope there's some sort of program to help soldiers who lose their businesses like this guy did. If you're going to risk your life for your country, you really shouldn't have to lose your livelihood, too.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...=2009904080315

This is good to hear, it will be extremely helpful for those planning to hike the Long Trail. I have fond memories of resupplying there and lounging awhile when I hiked the LT in 2002. Thanks for posting.
    RainmakerAT92
    www.trailquest.net

I recall stopping in the store in the early 1980s. Great to see it open again.

great news! i wonder if he plans to stock any fuel, etc.?

just found the guy's contact via craigslist and sent off an email asking if he plans to carry any gear, fuel etc. if i hear back i'll post it here. warrghy and me are hiking the LT this summer (my 2nd time on it) and it sure would be nice not to have to go all the way into richmond or waterbury. last time i missed the PO by 15 mins and ended up walking into duck brook for the night then going back in the am to get my mail drop. and then of course walking back again...however it did give me time for a most delicious swim in the brook and a long nap!

Thumbs up

Long Trail Community Market!!
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

well i heard back. he's planning on carrying anything anyone might suggest. i suggested he chime in here and gave him the link to the thread. my votes for butane canisters and chocolate milk. forgot to ask what the store hours are going to be- whoops

Hello Everyone!

I'm glad to hear you are all excited about the Jonesville store reopening. Our name, the Long Trail Community Market, is intended to honor the great community of hikers who travel through the town each year. In that spirit, I want the store to be a resource for YOU! We are going to have free wi-fi and computer access, hiking supplies, big outdoor benches in sunny spots, and excellent fresh food. Instead of everyone sending me individual emails with their thoughts, lets start to generate a list of categories; i.e. cooking equipment, sleeping accessories, clothing, hydration, etc...and under each category, the specific items pertaining to each. I can then generate a survey, pop a link up, and get everyones information in the most efficient way possible. I'll make sure there is a place for you to share your thoughts for the store. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LTCommunityMarket View Post
    Hello Everyone!

I'm glad to hear you are all excited about the Jonesville store reopening. Our name, the Long Trail Community Market, is intended to honor the great community of hikers who travel through the town each year. In that spirit, I want the store to be a resource for YOU! We are going to have free wi-fi and computer access, hiking supplies, big outdoor benches in sunny spots, and excellent fresh food. Instead of everyone sending me individual emails with their thoughts, lets start to generate a list of categories; i.e. cooking equipment, sleeping accessories, clothing, hydration, etc...and under each category, the specific items pertaining to each. I can then generate a survey, pop a link up, and get everyones information in the most efficient way possible. I'll make sure there is a place for you to share your thoughts for the store. Thanks!
    to whiteblaze!!!

store hours? how about a shuttle from the parking lot at the bottom of camel's hump?i felt lucky to get a hitch last time.

Just Hikin' Along
    Images

I'll look forward to stopping by the LT Community Market on my way through this year. But... the last time I spent my only zero day on the trail in Richmond and had such a good time that I may find it difficult to pass up. A suggestion for item to carry: batteries, mainly AA and AAA (a few of them being lithiums would be nice, too)

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

I won't have a mail drop if everything is reasonably priced.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Coolness! That grocery store is such a good stop and very convenient.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    Coolness! That grocery store is such a good stop and very convenient.
    i KNOW!! i am so psyched. the run down the north side of camel's hump is superfun and now this! WOOT!

The shuttle would be an interesting idea. Any thoughts on the logistics of that? As we get closer to an opening date, I can also put out a price list on supplies so everyone can determine if it will be more convenient to do a PO drop or buy from the store...I'd also be willing to accept drops...we'll have better hours than the PO.

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

I'd be willing to pay you a fee to hold my drop for me, if I do a drop.

The shuttle would be an interesting idea. Any thoughts on the logistics of that? As we get closer to an opening date, I can also put out a price list on supplies so everyone can determine if it will be more convenient to do a PO drop or buy from the store...I'd also be willing to accept drops...we'll have better hours than the PO.
    publish your phone number. i know i'd call and be wiiling to pay for a ride

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by vonfrick View Post
    well i heard back. he's planning on carrying anything anyone might suggest. i suggested he chime in here and gave him the link to the thread. my votes for butane canisters and chocolate milk. forgot to ask what the store hours are going to be- whoops

Ben & Jerry Ice Cream?
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

We will definitely hold drops for free. Regarding a shuttle between local trail connections, I'm pretty sure we can find a way to make that a free service...I just need to look at how we could structure it. Ben & Jerry's...absolutely!

Geezer

We will definitely hold drops for free. Regarding a shuttle between local trail connections, I'm pretty sure we can find a way to make that a free service...I just need to look at how we could structure it.
    Don't worry about charging for a shuttle. Very few businesses have free shuttles and they are mostly lodging AFAIK. Going rate is about a buck and a quarter or a a buck fifty a mile. Don't forget that you'll be deadheading back to your place.
    Frosty

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++