WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Ben & Jerry Ice Cream?
    that goes withouot saying, it's vermont after all.

Along with canister fuel (each brand thread typically fits all stoves), it seems most hikers are carrying alcohol stoves these days, the auto gas additive Heet (in the yellow bottle) works fine for this purpose as does denatured alcohol (usually sold by the ounce). You may also want to have a gallon of Coleman fuel (white gas) on hand to sell by the ounce.

Some hiker foods include Knorr's (fomerly Lipton's) Pasta Sides and Pasta Plus and rice dishes, ramen, instant oatmeal, energy bars, snickers, powdered milk, trail mixes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    It seems most hikers are carrying alcohol stoves these days, the auto gas additive Heet (in the yellow bottle) works fine for this purpose as does denatured alcohol (usually sold by the ounce) .

Some hiker foods include Knorr's (fomerly Lipton's) Pasta Sides and Pasta Plus and rice dishes, ramen, instant oatmeal, energy bars, snickers, powdered milk, trail mixes etc.
    Definitely HEET in the yellow bottle. . . and of course Beer and Jerry's. . .

If anyone has access to other hiking forums, blogs, twitter, facebook, alternative newspapers and periodicals, etc., it would be a great help if everyone could help us get the word out.

Very cool to hear the store in Jonesville is re-opening, I've visited the store on both my hikes back in the 90's.

I would recommend carrying: Lipton Noodle Dinners, which is now called something else I believe, Bagels of some capacity, denatured alcohol, coleman fuel, fuel canisters, cereal bars, things like that.

This is sooo good, oh and of course Ben and Jerry's.

Awesome that you're back around.

Stranger

Images

AWESOME! Welcome to the Long Trail Community! Can't wait to visit the store.
    "Dreamt last night I was climbing mountains
    Way beyond love’s fierce hold..."

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

I have a jetboil around here somewhere....only has 2,145 miles on it...

Default Open or not open?

So is the store open? If not, do we know when?

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by stranger View Post
    So is the store open? If not, do we know when?
    I drive by the store every day. The sign still says "coming soon", but it's been that way for months. I've been wondering if he's run out of funds, as there appears to be no progress.

i just emailed the guy yesterday hoping to send my maildrop there instead of the post office. i'm not going to share exactly what he said, but i'm not holding out much hope for it being there. hope i can get fuel in waterbury or something

Good to know, thanks

I just wanted to give everyone a quick update. We are hoping to open before the 4th of July. It's been an incredibly drawn out process (not on our end) to receive approval for our re-opening. It may be a few weeks after that until we have a decent selection of trail supplies-but it is a priority for us. Our kitchen is not up and running yet, nor will it be this season...so no famous Backcountry Pizza or gourmet subs quite yet...I will give an update on opening day.

Stopped by today to check on the progress for the opening. The fella that will be running the business is quite ambitious and I wish him the best of luck. I live close by and am willing to help in order to be able to have the store be a success. The delay has a lot to do with the typical Vermont crushing bureaucracy which thwarts business here, but hopefully locals and hikers will help this business survive. We finally broke 80 degrees today and a plus of this store is that it is close by to some great swimming holes where the Huntington River empties into the Winooski River.

Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to stopping in around 7/22 on my NOBO.

I wonder how I missed this thread. If all goes well I'll be through Jonesville in mid-august. If the store is open before I hit the trail (starting at least a couple weeks away from the LT), I'll definitely try to spread the word and plan on stopping in for some supplies.

Dan (LTCommunityMarket), any update on projected opening? I drove by yesterday (7/7), and didn't seem you were open yet. Hope you get all that red tape cleared out and are able to open soon!

Went by the Jonesville location yesterday and it looked deserted. Looks like it's a no go for this business, at least for this season. Also, the Coke machine outside the motorcycle shop is gone. It's the PO or a hump/hitch 3.5 mi west into Richmond for the closest provisions.

Just Hikin' Along
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by oruoja View Post
    Went by the Jonesville location yesterday and it looked deserted. Looks like it's a no go for this business, at least for this season. Also, the Coke machine outside the motorcycle shop is gone. It's the PO or a hump/hitch 3.5 mi west into Richmond for the closest provisions.
    Thanks for the update. It looks like I'll plan on the Post Office for re-supply. At least I know I'm reaching Jonesville mid week this time heading SOBO.

I've spoken to the owner recently. They plan to open pretty soon.

Is it soon yet???
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++