WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Northern Services

Been a long time since I've been on the Long Trail, but on both my hikes I remember staying in Johnson and Richmond on the northern end, at B & B's on both hikes.

Sooo... Where do hikers stay these days in those towns these days? I've heard of more and more hikers also using towns like Stowe for example, which I didn't use on either hikes. A friend of mind is considering a thru-hike and I don't want to give him the wrong information - I know one B&B has since closed for example.

I've also heard the trail has been rerouted around VT. 15, the old trail used to go straight by the Long Trail Tavern, where you could call into Johnson for a shuttle.

So any informaiton on the town services, resupply, lodging north of Killington would be appreciated.

From what I remember Waitsfield wasn't bad. Grocery store and a couple motels to stay in. I think its a 6 mile hike into town if you don't manage a hitch though.

Mama Bowers in Richmond and Awesome View Hikers Hostel in Johnson. LT Tavern still has a place to camp in back as well.

End to End guide online at www.longtrailhiking.info

There are a few pieces of info left for the most northern part not posted yet but should be uploaded there today or tomorrow. Right now the EtoE guide online is complete up to Route 242, north of Johnson.

++ New Posts ++