WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Quote Originally Posted by darkage View Post
    muhahahaha, that is all.
    Yeah, he really got me there. That was a good one. Ol' max patch is on top of things today.

Do you know which one was max in that picture?
    Bringing the 90's to the 21st century.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by vamelungeon View Post
    Let's organize a bear hunt so there will be plenty of bear meat for Trail Days. Bear BBQ, anyone?
    i got a great recipe for hot bear sausage
    Would you be offended if I told you to
    TAKE A HIKE!
    CowHead

"If at first you don't succeed......Skydiving is not for you" Zen Isms

I once was lost, then I hike the trail

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moshi View Post
    Yes, quite simple indeed.

How do you handle your bodily waste? Do you carry that out. B/c you are surely carrying that in with you.
    Nay. Moshi. We deposit all our bodily waste before leaving home. All that is generated on the trail is deposited in areas where it will enhance natural flora and fauna.

But carry it out if you wish. But please don't send it to a sewage treatment plant. Us genuine environmentalists always pull out wastes that won't flush and deposit them at places with special memories. The tree that we planted in memory of my father-in-law really flourished once i fertilized it with a natural addition.

You two are no better than the rubes who cannot distinguish b/w leaving footprints and leaving garbage.

How long have you twol been married or are you just dating?

Carry in - carry out is an impossible pipe dream.

I have always practiced carry in - carry out (with the exception of turds, which should be well covered). LNT is an impossible pipe dream in my opinion. And when a person must resort to personal attacks it usually means they cannot support their argument with facts and logic.

Quote Originally Posted by nufsaid View Post
    LNT is an impossible pipe dream in my opinion.
    The footprints v. garbage thing confuses you as well?

And when a person must resort to personal attacks it usually means they cannot support their argument with facts and logic.
    Clearly that is the case here.

Sorry for comprehending.

Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    Nay. Moshi. We deposit all our bodily waste before leaving home. All that is generated on the trail is deposited in areas where it will enhance natural flora and fauna.
    I assume you in your infinite "genuine environmentalist" wisdom will be the one one who determines where you waste will be the most beneficial to the flora and fauna of the area.

People will say anything to justify their actions and attempt to prove that their way/opinion is correct.

Keep lying to yourself that you are practicing carry in - carry out.

It is clearly very important to feel that you are correct.

Perhaps you are upset that you are unable to leave no trace, so you attempt to compensate for your shortcomings by telling others how uninformed and wrong they are in their beliefs and how flawed they are in their thinking.

Sorry for no trace leaving.

Journal Entries

I assume you in your infinite "genuine environmentalist" wisdom will be the one one who determines where you waste will be the most beneficial to the flora and fauna of the area.

People will say anything to justify their actions and attempt to prove that their way/opinion is correct.

Keep lying to yourself that you are practicing carry in - carry out.

It is clearly very important to feel that you are correct.

Perhaps you are upset that you are unable to leave no trace, so you attempt to compensate for your shortcomings by telling others how uninformed and wrong they are in their beliefs and how flawed they are in their thinking.

Sorry for no trace leaving.
    Moshi. This would be a more interesting discussion if you would take the time to learn what LNT really says about toilet paper.

This is what the LNT web site says: "Use toilet paper sparingly and use only plain, white, non-perfumed brands. Toilet paper must be disposed of properly! It should either be thoroughly buried in a cathole or placed in plastic bags and packed out."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Images

LNT is an impossible pipe dream in my opinion.
    A life without sin may be impossible too, but those who attempt to live such a life ordinarily come closer to the ideal than those who do not.
    Last edited by emerald; 05-17-2011 at 15:11.

I have punched a few sharks while spearfishing over the years...I also saw a few that could swallow me whole and got the heck out of the water as fast as I could.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bare Bear View Post
    I have punched a few sharks while spearfishing over the years...I also saw a few that could swallow me whole and got the heck out of the water as fast as I could.
    They do make for a great snack.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...06485526057330

Facebook Group - Appalachian trail hiker's

Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    Moshi. This would be a more interesting discussion if you would take the time to learn what LNT really says about toilet paper.

This is what the LNT web site says: "Use toilet paper sparingly and use only plain, white, non-perfumed brands. Toilet paper must be disposed of properly! It should either be thoroughly buried in a cathole or placed in plastic bags and packed out."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The issue here is not that I know how to properly dispose of and manage waste and garbage while hiking.

The issue is that you and apparently many others (according to the "decades of data" that you alluded to but did not cite) are confused b/c they leave footprints in the woods.

The fact is that you do not carry out everything that you carry in on a hiking trip as you claim. Your admission of leaving feces behind is proof of this.

I am sure it must be difficult to realize that you have been lying to yourself and apparently many others for some time now.

Just accept it, deal with it, and move on from it.

Carrying that bag of lies along with your ego must really slow you down when hiking, or perhaps you are to entranced by the footprints you leave to even notice.

Registered User LoneRidgeRunner's Avatar
    Images

The fact is that you do not carry out everything that you carry in on a hiking trip as you claim. Your admission of leaving feces behind is proof of this.
    If you have been in the woods for several days...The feces you just deposited in the cat hole was NOT carried in with you. That was generated from food you ate on the trail..gotcha!!

Quote Originally Posted by LoneRidgeRunner View Post
    If you have been in the woods for several days...The feces you just deposited in the cat hole was NOT carried in with you. That was generated from food you ate on the trail..gotcha!!
    Where do the A-holes come from? There's one or two new every year, or maybe it's just a name change...

I am sure it must be difficult to realize that you have been lying to yourself and apparently many others for some time now.

Just accept it, deal with it, and move on from it.

Carrying that bag of lies along with your ego must really slow you down when hiking, or perhaps you are to entranced by the footprints you leave to even notice.
    Weary has done more for the AT by accident than probably everyone else here has done on purpose.

Did you know he is one of a handful of people who have earned an honorary lifetime membership for his efforts from the ATC?

Nothing wrong with a debate with differing opinions, but when you trot out the personal insults thats a refection on you, not him. He's earned the right not to be insulted.

Images

by the way, the area in question is open to camping again now... bears are still there, just fewer hikers, and hopefully the ones who come through now will know what to do

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
++ New Posts ++