WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Before a moderator gets involved I'll stay away from this thread and leave Tuba, his ego and legend to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by hikingtime View Post
    Well Said. I wanted to buy it too. But Taba skirted around even simple, straight forward questions from me, then he bragged some MORE after people had told him that he brags too much. He has done that here and on MANY other websites, time after time after time. Many people are not sure of his integrity, and I am tired of the Spam, so I will not be buying the book from him. Amazon is a trustworthy company (in my experience), so I will buy a MTS Trail book from them.
    Good luck on trying to find an up-to-date guidebook that isn't the one I wrote. There are 2 guidebooks for the MST one is current and the other is 10 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jay View Post
    Wrong again one thruhiker (me). Several of the original trail workers down there hiked it before you. I met them in northern VA. last year. You wrote the manual, you who knows exactly what gear a thru is required to carry, you the only thru-hiker "(me)". You, you, you, how is that positive just talking about you the only avid hiker, the pro, the legend.
    Now, if you are going to try to insult me please at least get my name right, it's "Taba". Have some respect!! go fly away blue jay. I feel like I am trying to teach a child manners.

And if you read the post and not just what you wanted to see, I had said that in the year of 2008 I was the only thru-hiker to finish the trail. Feel free to check out this website to see the list of finishers. It has been updated recently. However it is missing, Jonathan Felts, who hiked the mountain section and biked the road section in 2009. I met him on Cedar Island while he was waiting for the ferry to Ocracoke.

www.ncmst.org/finishmst.html

I also never said I was the only avid hiker. I just said that you weren't. Stop putting words in my mouth and your foot in yours. Doesn't every thru-hiker carry the items I mentioned or a version of those items on their thru-hike. Or are you not out there long enough to look at the gear long-distance hikers use.

Images

C'mon folks, lets just leave the personal stuff out of this. The silly posts are there for all to see. Please let it go.
    That's my dog, Echo. He's a fine young dog.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jay View Post
    Hey, it's better than landscapping, lawnmower boy.

hmmmm,,, as a landscape architect, I'm not sure what you mean by lawnmower boy,,, but of course you just like spewing bs. Like I said, sad life you got there. shoo fly

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Taba View Post
    I feel like I am trying to teach a child manners.
    no doubt...

Default Thank you to Leki

Quote Originally Posted by Elder View Post
    Merry Christmas Taba!
    And Thanks for your work on the MST!
    Leki is Proud to sponsor You.

Elder
    Thank you Elder,
    I hope your holiday season was better than you expected. Your sponsorship throughout the 2009 hiking season was greatly appreciated. I have used several kinds of poles and make-shift sticks but have never used anything with the quality and durability as the Makalu Trail hiking poles you supplied last year. I can't wait to hit the trails again this year with them. I used them for a number of tasks like, light trail maintenance (clearing branches off the trail and trenching out overflowing streams to dry up the trail), Rain-fly supports for my tent, balance while on uneven pathways and through creek/river fords, and for the extra leverage to get up some of those tough climbs. I like the ease in how the collapse down to the height of my backpack for transporting them when I am not on the trail (hitch-hiking into and running around town getting resupplied).

Thanks again!!! See you at Trail Days.

Scot "Taba" Ward

Just wondering if anybody was planning on hiking on the MST this year. I would like to continue the "100 Hiker Challenge". That was 100 miles or a week on the MST. It's a wonderful adventure and a beautiful trail. I believe that if you do get a chance to get out there you will not be dissapointed. I am going to hike the Sheltowee Trace Trail in Kentucky this year in April to write a Thru-Hiker's Manual for it, but once I am finished with that I might be out on the newer sections of the MST to document them for the 2011 editions of the Manual. Some of the sections I will be hiking on the MST were/are not designated, blazed or connected in 2009.

If you plan to be on the MST, please let us know here to help gain interest in this trail.

Thank you and see you on the trail,
    Taba

Default Mst 2010

I'm still chugging along, with just under 40 miles in January.

Outlaw

Just finished putting all of the new information into the MST Manual!!!!! now it's just refining, adding a few stores, placement of the town maps, creating the covers, and printing. It is really looking good. These are going to make the trail so much easier to hike. I can't wait to see the finished product. They will be finished and released by Feb. 6th. I am so happy right now!!!!

Images

Congrats bro!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14
++ New Posts ++